What town reminds you most of the movie Friday Night Lights?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TribePride75
I think alot of Southeast Texas towns do...but NO ONE! I mean no one can hold a candle to PN-G. My family moved away to another town across the state in the 90's for about a year. We where at a large mall and me and my sisters had PN-G jackets on and this man stops my father and asks," Yall from Port Neches-Groves?", my dad answered something like "Yes, we just moved here." the man says " Why the hell would you move here from Port Neches-Groves." Honestly, we were kinda shocked he had heard of PN-G.

Are y'all serious most small Texas towns shut down on Friday nights. I know in Coldspring the only thing open during the game is a gas station and maybe brookshire bros., and maybe the hop.  I think many towns in Texas can be compared to Friday night lights.  The movie was about Odessa Permian, but at the same time the movie is the epitomy of high school football in Texas which is almost bigger than the NFL.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="texaggies07" post="1040835" timestamp="1314319400"]
Are y'all serious most small Texas towns shut down on Friday nights. I know in Coldspring the only thing open during the game is a gas station and maybe brookshire bros., and maybe the hop.  I think many towns in Texas can be compared to Friday night lights.  The movie was about Odessa Permian, but at the same time the movie is the epitomy of high school football in Texas which is almost bigger than the NFL.
[/quote]
Almost? I say it is. The NFL may have more fans but i can almost guarantee that if you asked everyone in texas weather they would have high school football or NFL the majority would choose high school just cuz it still has the passion and the love for the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124