Sharing some thoughts on the Broncos

I wanted to share some thoughts but since it relates to more than one thread out there I decided to start a fresh one.

On Dayton's first scrimmage, the Spring Lions:
I thought the main issue was that when Spring came out onto the field they were pumped, invigorated, and ready to win a scrimmage from the 4-A school. On their first offensive possession they made two statements - they were excellent on misdirection and hiding the football and they could all fly. Face it, defensively we were reeling as during the first 30 minutes they were able to score twice while the Broncos could score only once.
Then, during the second half, you realized that the hitting being delivered by the Broncos was beginning to take its toll. Don't get me wrong, Spring delivered some hits, too, but Dayton seemed to relish the hits while Spring appeared to be surprised and not at all appreciative. What became evident in the second half as we adjusted to their offense and began just hitting anything in the backfield that even might have the football, we got better during the contest and they did not. It was that simple.

On Carranco: The kid has filled out. He now looks like a Carranco and not the skimpy shadow of his older brothers. I don't look for anymore "sky" kickoffs this season. Opponents need to be prepared to begin possessions after kickoffs at the 20 more times than not.

Nederland scrimmage: Whether it be scrimmage or game, football between Dayton and Nederland are always knock down dragouts. I look for no difference this year. I will say this. I've seen a lot of Dayton football and this team looks awfully solid. I know last season a main concern was if the starting QB went down, but this year that is not a concern. We have a stable of receivers and some running backs who are led by a very good looking OL. They can open some holes and the backs we have can scoot. There may be some typos in this last paragraph because the frame jumps when you get this far into a post on this site. Thoughth someone would have fixed that by now.

Out

[quote name="Mike George" post="1035665" timestamp="1313416268"]
I wanted to share some thoughts but since it relates to more than one thread out there I decided to start a fresh one.

On Dayton's first scrimmage, the Spring Lions:
I thought the main issue was that when Spring came out onto the field they were pumped, invigorated, and ready to win a scrimmage from the 4-A school. On their first offensive possession they made two statements - they were excellent on misdirection and hiding the football and they could all fly. Face it, defensively we were reeling as during the first 30 minutes they were able to score twice while the Broncos could score only once.
Then, during the second half, you realized that the hitting being delivered by the Broncos was beginning to take its toll. Don't get me wrong, Spring delivered some hits, too, but Dayton seemed to relish the hits while Spring appeared to be surprised and not at all appreciative. What became evident in the second half as we adjusted to their offense and began just hitting anything in the backfield that even might have the football, we got better during the contest and they did not. It was that simple.

On Carranco: The kid has filled out. He now looks like a Carranco and not the skimpy shadow of his older brothers. I don't look for anymore "sky" kickoffs this season. Opponents need to be prepared to begin possessions after kickoffs at the 20 more times than not.

Nederland scrimmage: Whether it be scrimmage or game, football between Dayton and Nederland are always knock down dragouts. I look for no difference this year. I will say this. I've seen a lot of Dayton football and this team looks awfully solid. I know last season a main concern was if the starting QB went down, but this year that is not a concern. We have a stable of receivers and some running backs who are led by a very good looking OL. They can open some holes and the backs we have can scoot. There may be some typos in this last paragraph because the frame jumps when you get this far into a post on this site. Thoughth someone would have fixed that by now.

Out

[/quote] Good post ! Spring was big and fast and their QB had a set of wheels , he broke out in the flats and turned on the after-burners and I thought he would be gone until little #85 came out of nowhere and nailed him to the turf. By the 4th qt. Daytons conditioning program was paying dividends as Spring players were hoping to get this thing over with .

Transformer language-Optimus Prime offense for Dayton this early.JD will only add another dimension when the time comes.Liking what I saw in Chambers playin time.We've got a quite a few big young linemen on the other squads that can provide some rest and hold their own @varsity level time dist.gets rollin.Overall likes what I'm seeing 8)

Guest octfeb
[quote name="liltex" post="1035726" timestamp="1313428151"]
Transformer language-Optimus Prime offense for Dayton this early.JD will only add another dimension when the time comes.Liking what I saw in Chambers playin time.We've got a quite a few big young linemen on the other squads that can provide some rest and hold their own @varsity level time dist.gets rollin.Overall likes what I'm seeing 8)
[/quote]Chambers is also only a Jr. this year... and a few other key players.

Guest octfeb
anyone know what the jersey # of the new kid is? The one who was having a lil trouble conforming to the Bronco Program when they started practice?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124