Newton vs. Hemphill Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Newton's offence seemed to do what ever they wanted. The Dean kid looked good at QB which should let Holmes remain on defence.
The defence made some mistakes. Newton is learning a new defence and that should improve over time.
Newton dominated the scrimmage but the real test comes the next two scrimmages when they meet Coldsprings and Crockett.
The J.V. was outstanding scoring 10 time to Hemphill's one first down.

Guest EagleFan01
I thoght Newton did fairly well for there first scrimmage under a new OC and DC.. Its the first scrimmage they will be fine this year.. They moved the ball well on offense and played well enough on defense for the first scrimmage. By the time they play Kville in Week 1 they will be rolling along..

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="Skinitback" post="1034936" timestamp="1313263310"]
Guess the new coaches in Hemphill cant coach either ::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

What are you talking about??? I don't care if the Hemphill coachs are any good I only worrying about the Newton coachs...

Can't just blame the coaches. Hemphill had about half as many kids suited up as Newton did. The have to want to play first. It is going to take a little time for Hemphill to get their program back. Something has to motivate the kids to get them out to play. Hemphill did not look all that bad. They have a pretty good qb and a fast running back. They will be better this year than they were last year. It takes a few years to get a program back on track. Hemphill was once a very good 2a team and I hope they will get their program back on track.
There was nothing wrong with the coach that they had last year, we have him at Newton now and are proud to have him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont