Hamshire-Fannett vs. Deweyville Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1034705" timestamp="1313240301"]
[quote author=24 over par link=topic=86615.msg1034677#msg1034677 date=1313235734]
how did the scrimmage go
[/quote]
It is tonight at 7:00.

[/quote]

Is this true about the scrimmage being tonight at 7pm? Is it still in Deweyville?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1035063" timestamp="1313278504"]
Just got off the phone with AAW and he provided me with what will undoubtedly be the stat of the week.

The number of coaches on the field for Hamshire-Fannett (17) is greater than the number of players on the Deweyville JV squad (16).
[/quote] I guess after the little Doves moved, HF desided to put all their eggs in the football basket...... ;D ;D ;D

Stats from last night's scrimmage:

Hamshire-Fannett  1st team offense

25 plays

rushing    13/ 45yards
passing  4-12  52 yards
total        25/ 97 yards
1st Downs    5
TO              1 (fumble)
TD's            0

HF 2nd team off.     

10 plays

rushing    7/ 52 yards
passing  2-3  18 yards
total    10/ 70 yards
1st downs    4
TO              0
TD's            0

Deweyville 1st team offense

25 plays

rushing  19/ 48 yards
passing  1-6  6 yards
total      25/ 54 yards
1st downs    4
TO              1 (interception)
TD's            0

Dewey 2nd team off.

10 plays

rushing    9/  10 yards
passing    0-1  0 yards
total        10/ 10 yards
1st downs    1
TO              0
TD's            0

Combined totals

HF    35 plays

rushing  20/ 97 yards
passing  6-15  70 yards
total      35/ 167 yards
1st Downs      9
TO                1
TD's              0

Deweyville      35 plays

rushing      28/ 58 yards
passing    1-7  6 yards
total        35/ 64 yards
1st Downs      5
TO                  1
TD's                0

Numbers:  Hamshire-Fannett suited out 33 on varsity, Deweyville suited out 20

The most impressive thing I saw last night was whenever the Deweyville defense had their backs against the wall, they got tougher and played very good defense. HF moved the ball well early on, with the 1st team off. getting inside the 15 once but could not score. Same with the 2nd team as they had a 1st and goal from the 9 but failed to score on 4 plays. I really thought that HF would be able to at least score 1 or 2 TD's against the much smaller Deweyville team, but credit to the Pirates for playing well when they had to.

Deweyville was very, very, very vanilla on offense and never really was able to break anything open against the Longhorn defense. HF was just had too much speed and athleticism on defense and was able to contain and cover. Deweyville had an opportunity in that last series where they were able to reach the HF 25 yard line (after getting a personal foul penalty against HF, a few late hits tonight, lot's of mouthing going on for a first scrimmage), but the Pirates managed 0 yards after.

I think overall, Deweyville can come away feeling pretty good about their defense getting the shutout, giving up some yards but keeping the Longhorns out of the endzone, which is the goal of every defense.

As for HF, I have to say that with what I saw on offense and the athletes they had at the skill positions, I was disappointed that they could not score on a smaller and slower Pirate defense. They will have to get better because the Horns will see much, much better defenses during the season. The HF defense looked okay, but Deweyville's offense really didn't offer much to gauge against.

Both teams have a lot to work on, which is to expect after just one scrimmage.

Side note:  I was really taken aback to how many coaches HF had last night. 17!!!! Deweyville had only 5!!  ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1035342" timestamp="1313338104"]
Stats from last night's scrimmage:

Hamshire-Fannett  1st team offense

25 plays

rushing     13/ 45yards
passing   4-12  52 yards
total         25/ 97 yards
1st Downs    5
TO              1 (fumble)
TD's             0

HF 2nd team off.     

10 plays

rushing    7/ 52 yards
passing  2-3  18 yards
total     10/ 70 yards
1st downs    4
TO              0
TD's             0

Deweyville 1st team offense

25 plays

rushing  19/ 48 yards
passing  1-6  6 yards
total       25/ 54 yards
1st downs     4
TO               1 (interception)
TD's             0

Dewey 2nd team off.

10 plays

rushing     9/  10 yards
passing    0-1   0 yards
total        10/ 10 yards
1st downs    1
TO              0
TD's            0

Combined totals

HF    35 plays

rushing   20/ 97 yards
passing  6-15  70 yards
total      35/ 167 yards
1st Downs      9
TO                1
TD's              0

Deweyville      35 plays

rushing      28/ 58 yards
passing     1-7   6 yards
total         35/ 64 yards
1st Downs       5
TO                  1
TD's                0

Numbers:   Hamshire-Fannett suited out 33 on varsity, Deweyville suited out 20

The most impressive thing I saw last night was whenever the Deweyville defense had their backs against the wall, they got tougher and played very good defense. HF moved the ball well early on, with the 1st team off. getting inside the 15 once but could not score. Same with the 2nd team as they had a 1st and goal from the 9 but failed to score on 4 plays. I really thought that HF would be able to at least score 1 or 2 TD's against the much smaller Deweyville team, but credit to the Pirates for playing well when they had to.

Deweyville was very, very, very vanilla on offense and never really was able to break anything open against the Longhorn defense. HF was just had too much speed and athleticism on defense and was able to contain and cover. Deweyville had an opportunity in that last series where they were able to reach the HF 25 yard line (after getting a personal foul penalty against HF, a few late hits tonight, lot's of mouthing going on for a first scrimmage), but the Pirates managed 0 yards after.

I think overall, Deweyville can come away feeling pretty good about their defense getting the shutout, giving up some yards but keeping the Longhorns out of the endzone, which is the goal of every defense.

As for HF, I have to say that with what I saw on offense and the athletes they had at the skill positions, I was disappointed that they could not score on a smaller and slower Pirate defense. They will have to get better because the Horns will see much, much better defenses during the season. The HF defense looked okay, but Deweyville's offense really didn't offer much to gauge against.

Both teams have a lot to work on, which is to expect after just one scrimmage.

Side note:  I was really taken aback to how many coaches HF had last night. 17!!!! Deweyville had only 5!!  ;D
[/quote]
Thanks for posting the stats, and you are spot on with the recap.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83