Kountze

Personally I am tired of reading all the negativity about Kountze !!  I am sick and tired of hearing about this situation.  BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!  It cracks me up how Bearcat talks about the academics and how we have to have discipline before we can get the academics up to par. I am sorry,that will never happen here in Kountze. Especially when you start out with the athletic department ???  I like your reasoning behind it and have a strange feeling you are one of the ones that is trying to guide the "new" board as you called it.   BTW, you make it sound like the school is the Stiles Unit !!  It has problems but nothing in comparison to other schools trust me on this one.  Send your kid to another school and maybe you will see how much worse it could be !  Well I can guarantee you will see how much worse the discipline is in a lot of the other schools.

As far as the Lions go this year I wish them luck and really hear that the new coaches are great men. As were the previous ones.  Don't know if they can change anything around but I hope for the sake of the kids that they do !  Seriously though BearCat if you want the academics to improve you better do more than change the school board !  You better start working on your legislators that have made our public school system the joke that it is.  Regardless the teachers will still be teaching from a test.  

Whatever happens happens and can't  everyone leave this subject off the Forum !! Why not be discussing the talented boys that are out there working their butts off ?  Why not discuss something good about the kids ??  You guys need to remember that the kids read this forum and I think it would do them a heck of a lot more good to hear something positive and not all this negative fighting back and forth about what has already happened !!  What is done is done and lets move on and let the boys play ball !!  That is what they want to do and it would be nice to just one time get on here and read something nice for a change.

Good luck to the Lions they are not only a great group of kids but have the hearts of a Lion and have a lot of pride and really do not like to hear or read all this BS.  

Wow!!!!dawggoneit...I keep up with kountze and wish them well through the year that was well said,as far as bearcat396 Man/lady looks like you need to support.. other than dictate the up and coming..GOOD LUCK KOUNTZE,wish y'all all the luck you fight hard and the rewards will follow.alumni 1986---  :-* :-* :-*

[quote name="bearcat396" post="1031394" timestamp="1312461522"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=86280.msg1031164#msg1031164 date=1312406185]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=86280.msg1031162#msg1031162 date=1312406104]
I know its only been 3 days but looks like [b]coach dale has these guys heading in the right direction[/b]... any thoughts ?
[/quote] :o :o UIL investigation pending.  :D
[/quote]  Mr. Garrity,

Why would you make such a statement? Are you saying it tounge in cheek?  ???

To impune Coach Dale's & Coach Jueburt's integrity, even jokingly is offensive to me.

Yes, I live in Kountze and a lot of people here want our entire athletic dept. to grow and succeed, to the point that the community made a sweeping change to the school board majority for these changes and several others to be made. The others are discipline and academics. Your comment is completely inappropriate UNLESS you have some proof, in which case you should turn it over to the appropriate authorities.

We are trying to build up our ENTIRE school system, academics and extracurricular activities and there are enough haters and opposition to this effort as it is, Oh, are you part of that crowd?  >:( ??? :-\
[/quote]Jueburt was at Hardin wanting that job if Haynes Left.  So don't put to much faith in him.

First of all, his name is Joubert.

He coached in Hardin for nearly 10 years.
Who said Haynes was leaving in the first place?
I know Joubert very well, and coming back to Hardin to coach Football, is not on his things to do list.

I have read and re-read my posts and the comments/replies to them.

The first thing I notice is that the person who started this whole mess has never had the decency to respond to slinging mud where none was deserved when I called him on it & that is ALL I did.

IMHO he attacked two very highly respected coaches and as I said in closing of my first response, IF he did it as a joke I will be happy to overlook it. He just needs to step up and say so.

The second thing I notice is that I am immediately attacked (tigersvoice & ndnsrock44) for being “uptight” and “being on a high horse”
Then along comes ChampionEagles and tells me how much I don’t know and puts words in my mouth, saying that I was demanding respect for a program that doesn’t deserve it. Good grief CE I grew up and still live in Kountze, I know we don’t have a winning football program and haven’t since 1973. I was not demanding respect for our program; I was standing up to a hater who was slinging mud and unfounded accusations about two highly respected coaches and the student athletes of our school.  Your reply shows how well you comprehend what you read.

Then WOSgrad gets in the act by taking exception to me doing to Mr. Garrity the exact same thing he did to the fine coaches and student athletes of Kountze. I made a very unflattering assumption as to where Mr. Garrity has “returned from” , not knowing from whence he came but never for a  minute believing him to be a former inmate of TDCJ… such rash unfounded accusations (Mr. Garrity’s & mine) should never be used in a public forum, but what is good for the goose is good for the other goose. I did this to highlight the hypocrisy of his comments.

Then “dawggoneit” wants to be a naysayer and condemns our students/teachers/administrators & community to the heap of mediocrity. I for one, refuse to accept that position. I do know that without order and discipline, academics cannot get better and I firmly believe that sports and ALL other extracurricular programs are important in raising the bar in regards to academics. I do vote in all elections and I also see the need for a change in our State legislators and the way the fund our schools AND require what is taught.
Numberoneonly, I DO support the coaches/student athletes/administration and my community and I have done nothing here to “dictate” anything. Proudly KHS Class of ’82….

Football, I hope you are right and I will remember because I am expecting the same thing!!!

Back in the Day, I hope Coach Jouburt is in Kountze for a long, long time but the nature of the coaching business is not conductive to this reality. Whether he stays or goes, I am sure he will be successful in whatever he is involved in, that is just the type of person he is.

I am struck by the fact that you continue to call this a "mess."  I am also struck that the only Kountze backer on this board (and there are quite a few) who has gone ballistic about Mr. Garrity's joke......is you.  And it is probably because it was obvious to them that it was a joke on the back of a couple of threads discussing supposed UIL violations rather than a shot at Kountze.  I tried to explain that to you in this very thread, but you were bent on making this into some sort of international incident...THAT is when I got involved.

Yes, I took exception of the reference to Mr Garrity being a resident of TDC as that reference was made to a young man who had been serving in our nation's armed forces to protect the very liberties allow you and I to express our views on this board.  To compare his original post to your comments is ludicrous....his comments were made in jest as was obvious to all on the board (except you).....yours were just plain mean.

Then, as the issue (made solely an issue by you) has died down only to be rehashed by you in your little (and unnecessary) summary of the thread to date.

It is almost as if you want this issue to stay alive for some reason.

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035755" timestamp="1313431294"]

I know Joubert very well, and coming back to Hardin to coach Football, is not on his things to do list.

[/quote]Apparently you not very close to subject, I saw him personally in the business office requesting information on the job.

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035755" timestamp="1313431294"]

[/quote]Nothing against Joubert I think he is a classy guy just would move with the opportunity.

Can anyone tell me how many football head coaching changes Kountze has had since 1973? Not their names just a number. This program (and the kids aren't to blame) has not been very successful on the field. This is a fact. If stating this label's me a "hater"(I'm not real sure what that is") then so be it. Bearcat you still cannot demand respect for this program. I see the responses you have made and the way you present them as demanding respect without proof of why anyone should give any respect to the Kountze football program. Hope is one thing, but respect ain't based on hope. I hope Kountze has a great year. I respect Mr. Garrity for his service and what that means to all Americans. It allows me to get on this board and be as freely stupid as I desire. I salute him!

[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="1036046" timestamp="1313507260"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=86280.msg1035789#msg1035789 date=1313435270]
The barber in Kountze ... says that this year is going to be rough.
[/quote]
I going with what the barber is saying.
[/quote]
prolly the same thing deweyville barber is saying :-)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami