Saturday Night Lights, Season II?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I heard from a very reliable source that it is on. And idk about the games but I heard the Bridge City vs. Vidor game will be on there.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
IMO i think two of the best games that should be televised should be the PNG and Nederland game and the Central and Vidor game. Those are gonna be two of the biggest battles this year. Mark my words.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1028895" timestamp="1311839575"]
IMO i think two of the best games that should be televised should be the PNG and Nederland game and the Central and Vidor game. Those are gonna be two of the biggest battles this year. Mark my words.
[/quote]

Well, remember these are games that cannot be broadcast live on Friday night per UIL rules (sort of a UIL version of NFL blackout rules), so for KFDM to broadcast them, BOTH coaches have to agree to move the date of the game.  It is doubtful that Mid County Madness given that FOXsports has committed to do the "College Gameday" type show this year from there.  Central/Vidor game is even more unlikely as not only would Coach Washington and Coach Mathews have to agree to the change, but Coach Rowe at Livingston and Coach Nelson at Ozen would have to agree to switch dates as both games are scheduled for the Thomas Center that weekend.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1028848" timestamp="1311819175"]
I know that KFDM seemed pretty happy about the inaugural season of Saturday Night Lights and there was talk about doing it again this season. 

Is that a go?

If so, has the slate of games been scheduled?
[/quote]

Kudos to KFDM for broadcasting these games, it's exciting for the players and a great way for SETX High school football fans to see a game they could not attend.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1028955" timestamp="1311867332"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=86064.msg1028949#msg1028949 date=1311866337]
I sure hope Memorial is in one of those games. (hint)  ;)
  [/quote]

One of the tentative games is the Alice@ PAM game.
[/quote]That game will be over by halftime AAW. gotta get a Memorial game thats gonna draw ratings (weak brooke)  ;) ;D  j/k I sure hope that A/C is working in that pressbox, it's still gonna be hot out since the game is at 5pm.

Here is the schedule for Season 2 of Saturday Night Lights.

August 27, 2011 7:00p.m.
West Brook vs Ozen

September 3, 2011 7:00p.m.
Bridge City @ Vidor

October 1, 2011 5:00p.m. - checking time
Chester @ Orange Community Christian

October 27, 2011  Thurs. 7:00p.m.
Buna @ East Chambers

Games KFDM tried to schedule were:
PA Memorial and Alice (which is actually in Alice according the administration)
Kelly vs. St. Thomas (can't move game because of homecoming festivities)

We'd like to thank all coaches and schools involved. We can't wait to show a 6-man football game on live TV. Has to be the first time that's ever been done in SETX, if not the state. I'm guessing 77-72 will be the final!

Quick note: We tried to schedule several 20-4A games... the timing just wasn't right for KFDM to get involved. There are several conflicts with switching games to Saturday nights and getting approval from bands, booster clubs, superintendents, coaches, popcorn vendors... But talks for a full season schedule to include some of the schools we wanted to include this seaosn will begin as soon as re-districting happens next winter! It would, will be sweet to televise 20 different schools in a one season, 10-game schedule. - Lance Edwards, KFDM

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder