TOC FNF Magazine ratings

I got my copy of The Old Coach's Friday Night Football Magazine at Wal-Mart.  It's a great magazine.

Some of the SETEX state rankings are

5A
5. North Shore

4A
7. Brenham
10. LaMarque
15. Dayton
22. PN-G
33. Livingston

3A
7. Coldspring
8. WO-S
49. Jasper

2A DI
11. Anahuac
15. Newton
22. Woodville
2A DII
17. Corrigan-Camden
21. New Waverly

1A DI
14. West Sabine
1A DII
19. Evadale

I would like to mention what FNF has for district predictions.....BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I ORDERED MINE ONLINE I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY COPY!!!!

Do you bozos (and I mean both FNF and DCTF because I had the same problem with them, too!!!) think I just have a few bucks to dole out for S&H just so you can get it to me when you feel like it!

Freakin jerks!

[quote name="badndn" post="1024589" timestamp="1310649640"]
Lamarque at 10 is a suprise.
[/quote]

Probably because of the coaching change.  That's a pretty big deal.  Everybody dogged their rankings last year cuz they had West Brook at 48, and everybody else had them around 10.  When all was said and done, I think FNF's rankings were alot more accurate.  I've heard problems about people who ordered both DCTF & FNF early, and got them late.  Seems like the best bet is getting them from a store.  A couple of things I like about FNF more than DCTF were...  it's bigger, rankings go to top 50 (not top 25), bigger print and more pictures.  People also forget this is FNF's 2nd year to put out a magazine, while DCTF has been out for more than half a century.  IMO, they do a phenomenal job.  I loved last years, but I'm having trouble finding one again this year.  Hopefully they will be easier to find after they gain popularity over the next couple years.  I'll trade some ice cream for a copy, cuz they apparently had trouble finding Brenham!  :D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1024677" timestamp="1310662221"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=85710.msg1024589#msg1024589 date=1310649640]
Lamarque at 10 is a suprise.
[/quote]

Probably because of the coaching change.  That's a pretty big deal.  Everybody dogged their rankings last year cuz they had West Brook at 48, and everybody else had them around 10.  When all was said and done, I think FNF's rankings were alot more accurate.  I've heard problems about people who ordered both DCTF & FNF early, and got them late.  Seems like the best bet is getting them from a store.  A couple of things I like about FNF more than DCTF were...  it's bigger, rankings go to top 50 (not top 25), bigger print and more pictures.  People also forget this is FNF's 2nd year to put out a magazine, while DCTF has been out for more than half a century.  IMO, they do a phenomenal job.  I loved last years, but I'm having trouble finding one again this year.  Hopefully they will be easier to find after they gain popularity over the next couple years.  I'll trade some ice cream for a copy, cuz they apparently had trouble finding Brenham!  :D
[/quote]

BrenhamFan, if you have access to a Barnes and Nobles you might want to check them out, I know Beaumont has them on the rack at B&N.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
FNF has this about 19-4A

1 Dayton 2 B Hill 3 CE King 4 Crosby

Where is Humble in the rankings? They are pretty much loaded aren't they?

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1024691" timestamp="1310663774"]
FNF has this about 19-4A

1 Dayton 2 B Hill 3 CE King 4 Crosby

Where is Humble in the rankings? They are pretty much loaded aren't they?
[/quote]

Humble is loaded, especially on defense.  I have to admit, they goofed on that one.  I'd say Humble is easily a top 15 team.  I think they belong around 12 or 13 personally.

I'll have go look in College Station tonight for a copy.  If I can't find one there, looks like I'll be going to Houston this weekend.

I've seen them in the Wal-Mart here in Katy.  But I'm not going to pay another $9 for a magazine that I have already paid $14 for. I had ordered it online this year for the FNF because last year I saw one at a Randall's and that was it.

UPDATE:  Mrs. Grad just advised me that my FNF was received in the mail today.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1024712" timestamp="1310667129"]
I've seen them in the Wal-Mart here in Katy.  But I'm not going to pay another $9 for a magazine that I have already paid $14 for. I had ordered it online this year for the FNF because last year I saw one at a Randall's and that was it.

UPDATE:  Mrs. Grad just advised me that my FNF was received in the mail today.
[/quote]That's what's up!

I saw that to Justin but it wasn't the D turning the ball over w/miscues,it was the O and a well exp.qb also.The O is the ? mark and the D is our ? mark-If we get a 3rd match-up flip a coin who'll come out on top  8) ::) 8) ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1024961" timestamp="1310734051"]
I saw that to Justin but it wasn't the D turning the ball over w/miscues,it was the O and a well exp.qb also.The O is the ? mark and the D is our ? mark-If we get a 3rd match-up flip a coin who'll come out on top  8) ::) 8) ;)
[/quote]

Right you are, but it's hard to think we will turn the ball over 5 times inside our own 20 again.  Three were on special teams if I remember correctly...  Two kickoffs, and Edwards fielding a punt over his shoulder and dropping it with under 2 mins to play. (The punt gave them the lead again after we fought to get it back all game) In the words of Jets Bart Scott, "Can't wait"!

Here are the FNF predictions for SETX districts:

[b]21-5A[/b]
Galena Park North Shore
La Porte
Beaumont West Brook
Port Arthur Memorial
Baytown Sterling
Channelview

[b]19-4A[/b]
Dayton
Barbers Hill
Houston C.E. King