Kirbyville Playoff predictions

[quote name="89falcon" post="1025161" timestamp="1310782968"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=85694.msg1025116#msg1025116 date=1310770948]
Look out 89Falcon....we hear this same crap every year! We know Coldspring have some talented players, but we have STUD players too! You better recognize!! Yes we are in a rebuilding year, but doesn't mean we're lacking in talent. dang football season need to hurry up!

[/quote]
You are the favorites in the district for now. If Jasper gets on board with the new coach then Jasper will be the leader. Kville will not be able to keep pace with the larger schools on a year in year out basis. I fully expect you to make the playoffs but you will not beat Coldsprings in the pre-district.
[/quote]

Hmmm....... :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1025175" timestamp="1310785129"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=85694.msg1025161#msg1025161 date=1310782968]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=85694.msg1025116#msg1025116 date=1310770948]
Look out 89Falcon....we hear this same crap every year! We know Coldspring have some talented players, but we have STUD players too! You better recognize!! Yes we are in a rebuilding year, but doesn't mean we're lacking in talent. dang football season need to hurry up!

[/quote]
You are the favorites in the district for now. If Jasper gets on board with the new coach then Jasper will be the leader. Kville will not be able to keep pace with the larger schools on a year in year out basis. I fully expect you to make the playoffs but you will not beat Coldsprings in the pre-district.
[/

Hey man...what school you represent? Coldspring beat us for the very first time...they gonna have to prove they can beat the Cats again. Dont hide if the Cats prove you and others wrong once AGAIN! You sound silly as far as saying competing with "Larger" schools year in year out. We came back from 2a this past season and dominated everybody we played. Keep in mind Kirbyville have some solid players coming up and Coach Neece will make grown men out of them..... trust me. Im not gonna keep posting about this nonsense, just wait until the season starts and we'll see what kind of team the Trojans have.
[/quote]
6 more days.

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1038830" timestamp="1313957146"]
Mrs. Buddy, it's a good thing you don't know anything about Coldspring football, I would hate to know that anyone really thinks you have a clue about anything, go back to the swamp you crawled out of.
[/quote]

Ive lived around lubbock!  Its as far from the swamp as you can get!

Coldspring is one of the top ranked teams in the state and will stay that way the entire season.  Yeah our track record against Kirbyville ain't strong, but who cares.  Those games played last year or four years ago don't mean crap come Friday.  Not sure what Kirbyville has back, but I know y'all lost a lot more than us including your coach.  I think it will be a learning year for y'all with ups and downs.  I think we should beat y'all.

No offense to any of you Kirbyville fans (I am one myself) but I have seen them scrimmage both times and unless you watch them please dont set yourselves up for a serving of crow Kirbyville is rebuilding with an almost all around new look coaching staff i dont think they will compete with the better schools like WO-S or Coldsprings this year just saying

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1038836" timestamp="1313957807"]
Coldspring is one of the top ranked teams in the state and will stay that way the entire season.  Yeah our track record against Kirbyville ain't strong, but who cares.  Those games played last year or four years ago don't mean crap come Friday.  Not sure what Kirbyville has back, but I know y'all lost a lot more than us including your coach.  I think it will be a learning year for y'all with ups and downs.  I think we should beat y'all.
[/quote]

Yall record against Kirbyville not good at all. Coldspring beat Kirbyville for the first time EVER last season in the playoffs. I agree with you come friday, Coldspring has a big advantage much as i hate to say but anything can happen. Kirbyville have way to many sophmores and freshmans starting so yall probably will beat us considering a rebuilding year. We lost one of our speed backs due to moved to Nacogdoches.

I agree 100% and i havent seen not one kville fan talking smack or even predicting a kirbyville win.  I think that everyone at this point just wants to get out of this one a little experience and hope everyone stays healthy.  I dont think anyone is looking for a win at this point.  Everyone knows that its a completely different situation that last year or any of the previous four or five years.

[quote name="speedkills" post="1038853" timestamp="1313960481"]
No offense to any of you Kirbyville fans (I am one myself) but I have seen them scrimmage both times and unless you watch them please dont set yourselves up for a serving of crow Kirbyville is rebuilding with an almost all around new look coaching staff i dont think they will compete with the better schools like WO-S or Coldsprings this year just saying
[/quote]

I agree way too young.... didnt realize how much talent we lost.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1038856" timestamp="1313960802"]
I agree 100% and i havent seen not one kville fan talking smack or even predicting a kirbyville win.  I think that everyone at this point just wants to get out of this one a little experience and hope everyone stays healthy.  I dont think anyone is looking for a win at this point.  Everyone knows that its a completely different situation that last year or any of the previous four or five years.
[/quote]

I think you summed it up pretty good Ryker....Just support them: and we will take our licks this year...But it will change...just give it time... ;)

We as Kirbyville fans have to set different expectations this season. I have talked to some of the key players and to say the least morale is low. Attitude reflex leadership and our leadership needs some positive feedback. Part of the problem is ALL they are hearing is how bad they suck compared to the past few years. How would you like to cut your teeth playing on a team that did well and then your senior year people turn negative because things look tough. I for one can enjoy a hard fought, tough, smashmouth football game and take loss. More exciting to see than a 76 to 0 blowout win. I know we all want to win and the Cat's want it more than any fan. I want them to have a good safe season with the young men on varsity showing the underclassmen how its done. We can not expect the team to hold their heads up and fight for a win if all the fans can talk about is how down they are. I will be backing the Cats to make the playoffs. If that doesnt work out I will back them to have a winning season. If that doesnt work out I will back them to complete a pass or make a first down. I just want to see them play with some heart and anyone that cant be a fan with some heart isnt a fan at all. Make a point to tell the boys your proud of them when you see them. They have heard enough of the negativity to last the season.  Show the haters what you're made of boys!

[quote name="kville68" post="1038888" timestamp="1313963911"]
We as Kirbyville fans have to set different expectations this season. I have talked to some of the key players and to say the least morale is low. Attitude reflex leadership and our leadership needs some positive feedback. Part of the problem is ALL they are hearing is how bad they suck compared to the past few years. How would you like to cut your teeth playing on a team that did well and then your senior year people turn negative because things look tough. I for one can enjoy a hard fought, tough, smashmouth football game and take loss. More exciting to see than a 76 to 0 blowout win. I know we all want to win and the Cat's want it more than any fan. I want them to have a good safe season with the young men on varsity showing the underclassmen how its done. We can not expect the team to hold their heads up and fight for a win if all the fans can talk about is how down they are. I will be backing the Cats to make the playoffs. If that doesnt work out I will back them to have a winning season. If that doesnt work out I will back them to complete a pass or make a first down. I just want to see them play with some heart and anyone that cant be a fan with some heart isnt a fan at all. Make a point to tell the boys your proud of them when you see them. They have heard enough of the negativity to last the season.  Show the haters what you're made of boys!
[/quote]

well said 8)

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1038830" timestamp="1313957146"]
Mrs. Buddy, it's a good thing you don't know anything about Coldspring football, I would hate to know that anyone really thinks you have a clue about anything, go back to the swamp you crawled out of.
[/quote]Provide the ticket ma'am  ;)

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1024847" timestamp="1310690278"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=85694.msg1024796#msg1024796 date=1310681440]
I say kirbyville beats coldspring this year no matter when or how many times they play.

Come on cats don't let me down.  ;D

Coldspring is a very good team don't get me wrong, but I gotta go with kville on this one.

[/quote] I'll say its gonna be another good game....Kirbyville has alot of talent not even listed in Dave Campbell's book. We have alot of size on the offensive line and the front 7 will dominate with speed and size as well.
[/quote]
????? Dominate?

[quote name="kville68" post="1038888" timestamp="1313963911"]
[/quote] Great post ... I think this was well said .... I have told everyone that I see that the group of young men who have stuck out two a days, stuck out the heat, worked through the injuries, who didn't quit because "they just ain't feeling it", should not only receive...but demand our respect ... people sit here and gripe and complain about this year being a down year ... well guess what... this kind of thing happens ... these young men are working hard ... they will get better ... they will fight with all thier heart ... show up friday Cat fans ... yell loud ... let them know you're there ... A REAL fan is not just there when you are winning ... a REAL fan sits in the stands in the heat, or rain, when your team is down ... AND tells the team ..Thank You ....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont