**SETXsports.com MOCK RE-ALIGNMENT**

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1040508" timestamp="1314281069"]
Deweyville reported a drop of 79 students on the first day of school this year compared to last year. Thats a huge number of losses for a small 2a school.
[/quote]

I saw that.  I'd say a drop to 1A, DI is in the cards for them.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1040518" timestamp="1314283350"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=85614.msg1040508#msg1040508 date=1314281069]
Deweyville reported a drop of 79 students on the first day of school this year compared to last year. Thats a huge number of losses for a small 2a school.
[/quote]

I saw that.  I'd say a drop to 1A, DI is in the cards for them.
[/quote]
Yes that was an eye opener. I agree, looks like a drop next year for the Pirates.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1026193" timestamp="1311085230"]
And to conclude, Class 5A, Division I:

Enrollments:  2,750 and above

[url=http://mapq.st/roWUTM]Class 5A, Division I Map[/url]

[table][tr][td][b][u]REGION I[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][u]DISTRICT 1[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 2[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 3[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]El Paso Americas[/td][td]        [/td][td]Midland[/td][td]        [/td][td]Austin Bowie[/td][td]        [/td][td]BYE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]El Paso Coronado[/td][td]  [/td][td]Midland Lee[/td][td]  [/td][td]Georgetown[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]El Paso Eldorado[/td][td]  [/td][td]Odessa[/td][td]  [/td][td]Round Rock[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]El Paso Franklin[/td][td]  [/td][td]Odessa Permian[/td][td]  [/td][td]Round Rock McNeil[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]El Paso Hanks[/td][td]  [/td][td]San Angelo Central[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]El Paso Montwood[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]El Paso Socorro[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][u]REGION II[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][u]DISTRICT 5[/td][td]  [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 6[/td][td]  [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 7[/td][td]  [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Coppell[/td][td]  [/td][td]Allen[/td][td]  [/td][td]Dallas Skyline[/td][td]  [/td][td]Arlington[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Euless Trinity[/td][td]  [/td][td]Dallas Jesuit[/td][td]  [/td][td]DeSoto[/td][td]  [/td][td]Arlington Bowie[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Flower Mound[/td][td]  [/td][td]Hebron[/td][td]  [/td][td]Duncanville[/td][td]  [/td][td]Arlington Lamar[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Flower Mound Marcus[/td][td]  [/td][td]McKinney Boyd[/td][td]  [/td][td]Irving[/td][td]  [/td][td]Arlington Martin[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hurst Bell[/td][td]  [/td][td]Plano[/td][td]  [/td][td]Irving MacArthur[/td][td]  [/td][td]Arlington Sam Houston[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Keller[/td][td]  [/td][td]Plano East[/td][td]  [/td][td]Irving Nimitz[/td][td]  [/td][td]Grand Prairie[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Keller Central[/td][td]  [/td][td]Plano West[/td][td]  [/td][td]Mesquite[/td][td]  [/td][td]South Grand Prairie[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Lewisville[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][u]REGION III[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][u]DISTRICT 9[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 10[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 11[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aldine[/td][td]  [/td][td]Conroe[/td][td]  [/td][td]Alief Elsik[/td][td]  [/td][td]Deer Park[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aldine Eisenhower[/td][td]  [/td][td]The Woodlands[/td][td]  [/td][td]Alief Hastings[/td][td]  [/td][td]Fort Bend Clements[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aldine MacArthur[/td][td]  [/td][td]Cypress Creek[/td][td]  [/td][td]Alief Taylor[/td][td]  [/td][td]Galena Park North Shore[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aldine Nimitz[/td][td]  [/td][td]Cypress Fairbanks[/td][td]  [/td][td]Houston Strake Jesuit[/td][td]  [/td][td]Bellaire[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Atascocita[/td][td]  [/td][td]Cypress Falls[/td][td]  [/td][td]Houston Westside[/td][td]  [/td][td]Clear Lake[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Klein[/td][td][/td][td]Cypress Ridge[/td][td]  [/td][td]Katy[/td][td]  [/td][td]Houston Lamar[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Klein Collins[/td][td][/td][td]Cypress Springs[/td][td]  [/td][td]Katy Cinco Ranch[/td][td]  [/td][td]Pasadena Dobie[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Klein Forest[/td][td][/td][td]Cypress Woods[/td][td]  [/td][td]Katy Mayde Creek[/td][td]  [/td][td]Pasadena Memorial[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Klein Oak[/td][td][/td][td]Jersey Village[/td][td]  [/td][td]Katy Morton Ranch[/td][td]  [/td][td]Pearland[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spring[/td][td][/td][td]Langham Creek[/td][td]  [/td][td]Katy Seven Lakes[/td][td]  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spring Westfield[/td][td][/td][td]Tomball[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][u]REGION IV[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][u]DISTRICT 13[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 14[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 15[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 16[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Converse Judson[/td][td]  [/td][td]San Antonio O'Connor[/td][td]  [/td][td]Del Rio[/td][td]  [/td][td]Brownsville Hanna[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]San Antonio Churchill[/td][td]  [/td][td]San Antonio Stevens[/td][td]  [/td][td]Laredo United[/td][td]  [/td][td]Donna[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]San Antonio Madison[/td][td]  [/td][td]San Antonio Taft[/td][td]  [/td][td]San Antonio Jay[/td][td]  [/td][td]Edinburg[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]San Antonio Roosevelt[/td][td]  [/td][td]San Antonio Warren[/td][td]  [/td][td]San Antonio Southwest[/td][td]  [/td][td]Harlingen[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td]Mission Sharyland[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA  Thos Atascocita folks would certainly have their band music experience expanded.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Bobcatfan4life" post="1023892" timestamp="1310426105"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=85614.msg1023737#msg1023737 date=1310391983]
Abernathy
Forsan
Stanton
Junction
Ozona
Anson
Italy
Crawford
Joaquin
Deweyville
San Augustine
Thorndale

these are all 2a schools on the bubble of going to 1A depending on where the numbers fall.  There are some name in there that could really shake up 1A!
[/quote]

Every one of them are in my 1A Division 1 alignment
[/quote]deweyville over 200 probably stays 2a would love to see pirates drop but i dont think so

• 2 weeks later...
One consideration that needs to be remembered is that the UIL like to keep close to a equall number of teams in each classification. So while the numbers at some schools go down you have to factor in that the only classifications that are adding schools in almost every case is 4A or 5A. But howmany schools will be added is unknown at least to me.

Just because the numbers drop does not mean that a school will drop the addition of schools at the top will mean that the numbers in the lower classifications can increase as well, so the numbers in classifications and even divisions for 1A & 2A will increase. In the case of Deweyville with a 79 student difference that is likely going to mean a change, but without dramatic shifts like that it seems likely that teams will not make as many shifts as most of this thread seems to think they will be making.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1056674" timestamp="1316009914"]
One consideration that needs to be remembered is that the UIL like to keep close to a equall number of teams in each classification. So while the numbers at some schools go down you have to factor in that the only classifications that are adding schools in almost every case is 4A or 5A. But howmany schools will be added is unknown at least to me.

Just because the numbers drop does not mean that a school will drop the addition of schools at the top will mean that the numbers in the lower classifications can increase as well, so the numbers in classifications and even divisions for 1A & 2A will increase. In the case of Deweyville with a 79 student difference that is likely going to mean a change, but without dramatic shifts like that it seems likely that teams will not make as many shifts as most of this thread seems to think they will be making.
[/quote]  If I understand this right it will only help Deweyville as we are traveling in some cases 3 1/2 hours now to play schools that have say 335 and our count right now is 196. what are your thoughts?

[quote name="captainclaude" post="1056911" timestamp="1316026946"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=85614.msg1056674#msg1056674 date=1316009914]

[/quote]  If I understand this right it will only help Deweyville as we are traveling in some cases 3 1/2 hours now to play schools that have say 335 and our count right now is 196. what are your thoughts?
[/quote]

As I stated I believe that Deweyville will drop due to the large drop in their enrollment, but I was mostly refering to the predictions of so many others that are at or very near their numbers from 2009. I just believe that it will take "Deweyville-like" drops to make the wholesale changes that some are predicting for their schools.

[quote name="pirate supporter" post="1063434" timestamp="1316803327"]
Surely Deweyville Higher Ups were smart enough to keep the transfer kids down to be able to drop to 1A. If not then it is their own fault. We need to be 1A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote] Sportswise your right.....however the school admins are probably going to accept as many as they can get because more students = more $$ especially in today's state funding mess.....Hope it works out for ya'll either way....

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1024400" timestamp="1310594715"]
Today, a look at Class 2A, Division I...enrollment 335-532.

Map:  [url=http://mapq.st/qQSKiV]Class 2A Division I[/url]

[table][tr][td][b][u]REGION I[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][u]DISTRICT 1[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 2[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 3[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Amarillo River Road[/td][td]        [/td][td]Brownfield[/td][td]        [/td][td]Brady[/td][td]        [/td][td]Clifton[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bushland[/td][td]  [/td][td]Denver City[/td][td]  [/td][td]Breckenridge[/td][td]  [/td][td]Glen Rose[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dalhart[/td][td]  [/td][td]Kermit[/td][td]  [/td][td]Clyde[/td][td]  [/td][td]Godley[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Littlefield[/td][td]  [/td][td]Lamesa[/td][td]  [/td][td]Early[/td][td]  [/td][td]Grandview[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Muleshoe[/td][td]  [/td][td]Midland Greenwood[/td][td]  [/td][td]Llano[/td][td]  [/td][td]Hillsboro[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Shallowater[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td]Wall[/td][td]  [/td][td]Venus[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td]West[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td]Whitney[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][u]REGION II[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][u]DISTRICT 5[/td][td]  [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 6[/td][td]  [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 7[/td][td]  [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aubrey[/td][td]  [/td][td]Caddo Mills[/td][td]  [/td][td]Atlanta[/td][td]  [/td][td]Gladewater Sabine[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bowie[/td][td]  [/td][td]Commerce[/td][td]  [/td][td]Daingerfield[/td][td]  [/td][td]Jefferson[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Callisburg[/td][td]  [/td][td]Emory Rains[/td][td]  [/td][td]Hooks[/td][td]  [/td][td]Longview Spring Hill[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Iowa Park[/td][td]  [/td][td]Farmersville[/td][td]  [/td][td]Mount Vernon[/td][td]  [/td][td]Mineola[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Pilot Point[/td][td]  [/td][td]Melissa[/td][td]  [/td][td]New Boston[/td][td]  [/td][td]Tatum[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ponder[/td][td]  [/td][td]Nevada Community[/td][td]  [/td][td]Prairieland[/td][td]  [/td][td]White Oak[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Whitesboro[/td][td]  [/td][td]Van Alstyne[/td][td]  [/td][td]Redwater[/td][td]  [/td][td]Winnsboro[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][u]REGION III[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][u]DISTRICT 9[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 10[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 11[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Elkhart[/td][td]  [/td][td]Caldwell[/td][td]  [/td][td]Coldspring-Oakhurst[/td][td]  [/td][td]Anahuac[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Eustace[/td][td]  [/td][td]Cameron Yoe[/td][td]  [/td][td]Crockett[/td][td]  [/td][td]Buna[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Groesbeck[/td][td]  [/td][td]Lago Vista[/td][td]  [/td][td]Diboll[/td][td]  [/td][td]East Chambers[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Kemp[/td][td]  [/td][td]Lorena[/td][td]  [/td][td]Shepherd[/td][td]  [/td][td]Hamshire-Fannett[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Palestine Westwood[/td][td]  [/td][td]Rockdale[/td][td]  [/td][td]Warren[/td][td]  [/td][td]Hardin[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Palmer[/td][td][/td][td]Salado[/td][td]  [/td][td]Kirbyville[/td][td]  [/td][td]Kountze[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Teague[/td][td][/td][td]Troy[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][u]REGION IV[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][u]DISTRICT 13[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 14[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 15[/td][td]        [/td][td][u]DISTRICT 16[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Altair Rice Consol.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Comfort[/td][td]  [/td][td]Aransas Pass[/td][td]  [/td][td]Bishop[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Edna[/td][td]  [/td][td]Navarro[/td][td]  [/td][td]West Oso[/td][td]  [/td][td]Falfurrias[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hempstead[/td][td]  [/td][td]Ingram Moore[/td][td]  [/td][td]George West[/td][td]  [/td][td]Lyford[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hitchcock[/td][td]  [/td][td]Jourdanton[/td][td]  [/td][td]Goliad[/td][td]  [/td][td]Progress0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Palacios[/td][td]  [/td][td]Luling[/td][td]  [/td][td]Mathis[/td][td]  [/td][td]San Diego[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Smithville[/td][td][/td][td]Lytle[/td][td]  [/td][td]Orange Grove[/td][td]  [/td][td]Santa Rose[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Yoakum[/td][td][/td][td]Marion[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]Poteet[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]San Antonio Cole[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
[/quote]
May want to check your numbers? I looked under the UIL website and it has 2a numbers 200 to 429, and Coldspring is the smallest school in there district  I dont see them droping 100 students next year to be in the 2a class. I may be missing something on the numbers, so if Im wrong please let me know. Therefore too, that would keep Shepherd up in 3a also

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder