PNG

Guest Pirate_pride_07

IMO PNG had the best O-line in the district last yr.

No doubt that Bertrand and Jayce Nelson will be key to the Indian offense this season, as for the defense Chase Romero is one of the best safety's in the district.

Looking forward to visiting the Reservation this yr.....good luck to the Indians except on Oct. 28 when[b] the Pirates will be in the house[/b]... ;) ;)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The three returning players on the line that got playing time last year are biggins.

OT K. Nicotre - 6'2" 270 (three year starter at LT. Missed a couple games last year with injury)
OT N. Stasinos - 6'5" 260 (took over for Nicotre when he was injured and played very well)
OG Reasons - 6'2" 250 (got some PT last year as a Soph and did well. I hear he has a bit of a mean streak?)

Also you guys left out one of those big nasties last year that is often overlooked, but had a great season in Patrick Braud (RG 6'2" 265).

Can't expect the same results as last year, but that is not saying this group won't be good. Last years group was probably the best line of all time at PNG. So if this group is half as good then they will be stout.

[quote name="badndn" post="1025565" timestamp="1310919611"]
The three returning players on the line that got playing time last year are biggins.

OT K. Nicotre - 6'2" 270 (three year starter at LT. Missed a couple games last year with injury)
OT N. Stasinos - 6'5" 260 (took over for Nicotre when he was injured and played very well)
OG Reasons - 6'2" 250 (got some PT last year as a Soph and did well. I hear he has a bit of a mean streak?)

Also you guys left out one of those big nasties last year that is often overlooked, but had a great season in Patrick Braud (RG 6'2" 265).

Can't expect the same results as last year, but that is not saying this group won't be good. Last years group was probably the best line of all time at PNG. So if this group is half as good then they will be stout.
[/quote]Basically, you won't be lacking size up front...

[quote name="badndn" post="1025565" timestamp="1310919611"]

OT K. Nicotre -[b] 6'2" 270[/b] (three year starter at LT. Missed a couple games last year with injury)
OT N. Stasinos -[b] 6'5" 260[/b] (took over for Nicotre when he was injured and played very well)
OG Reasons - [b]6'2" 250[/b] (got some PT last year as a Soph and did well. I hear he has a bit of a mean streak?)

[/quote]

Y'all sure know how to grow 'em in PNG, what do y'all feed them boys..... ;) ;D

[quote name="surfer73" post="1025621" timestamp="1310935566"]
Was on the Indian web site and watched Chase Romero's 2010 highlights, kid looks good.

http://youtu.be/IFfw3ss2cno
[/quote]

Romero is one heck of a football player. He can stop the run, and make plays in the secondary!
He's seems to have speed too. Gotta give him kudos for helping Vidor's slot back #2 Bolinger learn a good lesson when Romero striped him of the ball on the 20 yd. line after a 35 yr. carry....lol. One of Bolinger's goal this year is to make sure he[b] holds on to that rock[/b]. Thanks Chase for the hard learned lesson...... ;) ;D ;D

Peveto is the head knocker. He played LB last year and is moving to Safety this season. Big kid with good speed for his size (6'3" 190) who laid some shots late last year afetr being inserted into the lineup during district. And he was only a Sophomore last year. Also Hollier looked pretty good in coverage for the two or so games he played late last year, but he was hurt to start the season got back late in district then got hurt again I think against Central. Hopefully he stays healthy. If so I think our secondary will be pretty good. The big question marks will be up front and MLB. Sperl and Louviere on the outside played well late last year. Replacing DJ in the middle will be tuff.

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1025869" timestamp="1311008491"]
Peveto played safety last season. Also, Sperl played defensive back but is getting moved to outside linebacker this season.
[/quote]You are correct Peveto and Romero played safety last year and both will be back this year, both are fast and strong, should be fun to watch, Also Sperl and Hollier did really well in 7on7, I think Louvier is going to be middle LB.

Here are some other highlights I found of PNG players...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYeIagmNpSE          Chase Bertrand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eks6BiYaBFg&feature=related    Trey Hollier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIuIOvMpYHM                      Logan Chipman... Logan will be a great player as he gets more experience.

[quote name="png2017" post="1026006" timestamp="1311024390"]
Here are some other highlights I found of PNG players...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYeIagmNpSE          Chase Bertrand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eks6BiYaBFg&feature=related    Trey Hollier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIuIOvMpYHM                      Logan Chipman... Logan will be a great player as he gets more experience.
[/quote]I agree,Also watched  Logan during 7on7, Really going to be good.

[quote name="badndn" post="1025865" timestamp="1311007983"]
Peveto is the head knocker. He played LB last year and is moving to Safety this season. Big kid with good speed for his size (6'3" 190) who laid some shots late last year afetr being inserted into the lineup during district. And he was only a Sophomore last year. Also Hollier looked pretty good in coverage for the two or so games he played late last year, but he was hurt to start the season got back late in district then got hurt again I think against Central. Hopefully he stays healthy. If so[b] I think our secondary will be pretty good[/b]. The big question marks will be up front and MLB. Sperl and Louviere on the outside played well late last year. Replacing DJ in the middle will be tuff.
[/quote]

No doubt in my mind that PNG will have a very [b]tough[/b] secondary this season, y'all got a couple head hunters prowling around out there that are definitely mobile and hostile..... ;) 

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="prepballfan" post="1026774" timestamp="1311224699"]
PNG will be contending for the district champ with Central Nederland and Livingston. I got png at 1 or 2 with central at the other.
[/quote]
No way. I think PNG will be good but not that good. They lost there quarterback and there head hunting nasty line. I think they will be good enough to make the playoffs maybe. And as for Central they lost the most players out of anyone so they will be middle runners. I look for Livingston, Nederland, and Vidor to be the teams to beat.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1026777" timestamp="1311227121"]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=85503.msg1026774#msg1026774 date=1311224699]
PNG will be contending for the district champ with Central Nederland and Livingston. I got png at 1 or 2 with central at the other.
[/quote]
No way. I think PNG will be good but not that good. They lost there quarterback and there head hunting nasty line. I think they will be good enough to make the playoffs maybe. And as for Central they lost the most players out of anyone so they will be middle runners. I look for Livingston, Nederland, and Vidor to be the teams to beat.
[/quote]This sounds about accurate.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1026889" timestamp="1311260837"]
Actually, Vidor can talk.  They know what it takes to be a contender.  Tha 2009 team made the playoffs and was pretty darn good.  Some of them know what they are talking about.
[/quote]

8)  I think I'll let the Pirates do their taking on the field this year.

its not hard to make the playoffs now..they take half the district lol...gotta be in the top 2 to really talk...last year png was the best...grant it central had one less loss than png...but png whooped them..and i dont wanna hear sand bagging as an excuse if there are jag fans here! I was at the game the starters were playing basically the whole game until png ran away with it lol
Png will be in the top 2 again this year!

[quote name="VPirate" post="1026943" timestamp="1311266764"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=85503.msg1026889#msg1026889 date=1311260837]
Actually, Vidor can talk.  They know what it takes to be a contender.  Tha 2009 team made the playoffs and was pretty darn good.  Some of them know what they are talking about.
[/quote]

8)   I think I'll let the Pirates do their taking on the field this year.
[/quote]

Sure they have fielded a few good teams and I have nothing but respect for them but to dismiss PN-G and throw Vidor's name around when they have not sniffed a district championship since who knows when is a little premature. I know it was just an opinion but I was only stating mine. No harm intended.

[quote name="Enjun07" post="1026946" timestamp="1311267067"]
its not hard to make the playoffs now..they take half the district lol...gotta be in the top 2 to really talk...last year png was the best...grant it central had one less loss than png...but png whooped them..and i dont wanna hear sand bagging as an excuse if there are jag fans here! I was at the game the starters were playing basically the whole game until png ran away with it lol
[/quote]Beating a dead horse, I see.  I will say this.  Yall beat us good and called the dogs off early or it would have gotten worst.  Heck, I agreed to it last year if you look back at that thread.  But we did beat all the other teams (that includes the teams PN-G COULDN'T beat).  We are the defending Kings of 20-4a untill proven otherwise.  Last year, we ran accross a strong Humble team while you played who?  THE ANT MOUND in the first round?  Yea, ok.  

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1026958" timestamp="1311268441"]
[quote author=Enjun07 link=topic=85503.msg1026946#msg1026946 date=1311267067]
[/quote]Beating a dead horse, I see.  I will say this.  Yall beat us good and called the dogs off early or it would have gotten worst.  Heck, I agreed to it last year if you look back at that thread.  But we did beat all the other teams (that includes the teams PN-G COULDN'T beat).  We are the defending Kings of 20-4a untill proven otherwise.  Last year, we ran accross a strong Humble team while you played who?  THE ANT MOUND in the first round?  Yea, ok.  
[/quote]

And we played how many more rounds??  ;D ;D ;D

Don't spit your lunch out Jag!!!  :P :P :P

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont