Wood Bats or BBCOR

The BBCOR bats are wood bats with an even smaller sweet spot... Baseball will be switching to wood everywhere within the next 10 years. The guys I play with just about hit better with wood period, plus it's a scouts dream. High school baseball is most likely going to become one big game of small ball starting next season.

[quote name="AJ25" post="1021215" timestamp="1309317189"]
High school baseball is most likely going to become one big game of small ball starting next season.
[/quote]

Most likely, at least for a year or two. Now players will actually have to learn to hit the ball. How to go to the plate, assess the job, and place the ball. Having watched several bbcor tournaments and players using them in league play, I am pretty much a fan. The ball still goes over the fence, just no gimmes. If you bemoan the loss of offense or cry about such a small sweet spot but want the added safety of BBCOR, well, lets just start using T-balls. The softer rubber ball will let everyone hit one out an feel like Josh Hamilton and it won't hurt when you get hit.  ;D             

[quote name="AJ25" post="1021215" timestamp="1309317189"]
The BBCOR bats are wood bats with an even smaller sweet spot... Baseball will be switching to wood everywhere within the next 10 years. The guys I play with just about hit better with wood period, plus it's a scouts dream. High school baseball is most likely going to become one big game of small ball starting next season.
[/quote]

If I'm a kid trying to make the high school starting lineup, I would spend all winter learning how to bunt and get faster. Having a glove would also be another asset.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83