Big 12 Tourney/Aggies win!!!!

[quote name="oldollie" post="1014935" timestamp="1306628379"]
Missouri 2 Texas 1. Missouri and A&M for the title tomorrow.
[/quote]

A&M won the Big 12 tourney with a walkoff HR in the 10th.  Ags win 10-9 on the kids first HR of the year!

Good job Ags, but I don't believe in conference championship tourneys for any sport. If two teams end up with identical records after the regular season, then head-to-head should determine the champ. It's got to be about money.

Texas won every conference and non-conference series except for OK state. If the situations were reversed, then the Ags should have the same gripe as me.

All the games count. I don't put a lot of stock in the tourney either, but you have to take care of business in all the conference games. Things come into play like only playing one series against each other and one team getting all the games or 2 out of three games at home or just having a bad series. Conference play causes a team to have to win over the long haul and every game counts. The Horns and Ags finish tied, the Horns won the series 2-1, and had a chance to sweep and win conference with a win on the last day at home and didn't get it done. And the Ags could have done the same with a win at Olsen on Fri. of the last series. I don''t see how you can make the rest of the conference games not count. Both teams lost the same amount of games over the course of the conference season. We are looking for a conference champion. If we went by who won between UT and A&M on one weekend, that is not proving anything more than the conference tourney, this past weekend where A&M got hot and won it and UT lost 2 of 3 to unranked teams.

Thanks oldollie and Coog. It was not my intention to take anything away from the Ags, just trying to understand why winning all but one series all year long does not make a team the "champ". It does in high school and the pros.

Like I said, gotta be some money involved.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83