Whats going on at Wos with all the coaches leaving, resigning, etc.

[quote name="hipster" post="1012488" timestamp="1305817296"]
After all the years of stability so to say what is happening?
[/quote]

Well, so far only 4 coaches have left since Coach Thompson was named AD and 2 of those apparently at the choice of the school district.  Coach Toby Foreman leaving is no surprise as word had it that the only way he would have stayed at WO-S was if he would have been named head coach/AD.  Coach Mark Foreman was talking of retiring even before Coach Hooks gave notice of his.

Coach Riojas, after making some major strides last year with the baseball team had a team that significantly underachieved this year.  That, along with the fact that he appeared to be making enemies both in and out of the district sealed his fate.

As for Coach Orebo, that might be the only surprise for me other than that she has used the coaching position as a revolving door the last few years...quit...come back...quit...come back.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1012500" timestamp="1305819001"]
[quote author=hipster link=topic=84412.msg1012488#msg1012488 date=1305817296]
After all the years of stability so to say what is happening?
[/quote]

Well, so far only 4 coaches have left since Coach Thompson was named AD and 2 of those apparently at the choice of the school district.  Coach Toby Foreman leaving is no surprise as word had it that the only way he would have stayed at WO-S was if he would have been named head coach/AD.  Coach Mark Foreman was talking of retiring even before Coach Hooks gave notice of his.

Coach Riojas, after making some major strides last year with the baseball team had a team that significantly underachieved this year.  That, along with the fact that he appeared to be making enemies both in and out of the district sealed his fate.

As for Coach Orebo, that might be the only surprise for me other than that she has used the coaching position as a revolving door the last few years...quit...come back...quit...come back.
[/quote]

I've laid off of this one as long as I could - but - the WO-S community deserves and can get a better Girls Basketball Head Coach than the one that they just had.

Y'all know the reason(s) why Coach T is dismissing all of these coaches who were underperforming is that because it is his job not only as head football coach but also as athletic director for the entire school district to do so. He not only wants to the school succeed as a powerhouse in football but also in other sports as well! Like other posts mentioned, out with the old, in with the new!

[quote name="hipster" post="1012814" timestamp="1305901848"]
No need to take jabs at Hooks he let a few men coaches go and come to if I am not mistakes some more than once also
[/quote]

I don't think anyone is taking jabs at Coach Hooks. He was a great coach, but really didn't want to make some of the tough changes when he got up in years. Cornel will. He will expect the same work ethic from his coaches that he gives and he expects from his athletes. Those who don't want to work will not be around long.

On another note, while I'm sure T had a hand in it. The Superintendent was the one who actually did the re-assigning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124