Bridge City vs Giddings / Regional Quarter Rd.

Haven't seen BC play this year, however, I did see them play last year in the playoffs and came away impressed...

Just finished watching both games of the Giddings/Coldspring series and I didn't see anything about Giddings that was overly impressive other than Marlow.....If you can make your pitches against him (which will be tough because he can absolutely hit) or keep traffic off of the bases before he comes up I don't think they'll score alot of runs....

Marlow bats leadoff (I guess in order to give him as many AB's per game as possible...Couldn't think of any other reason because I didn't see any other Giddings player with close to his power or hitting ability) so it's possible to limit his rbi opportunities by simply taking care of the bottom of their lineup...

Pitching wise they didn't seem overly dominate but they did only give up 4 runs over two games (although Coldspring wouldn't be considered a good hitting team)...

I'm sure Giddings is a very good team....I know they were last year....Maybe they were just a little rusty from the first round bye...

Should be a good series....

[quote name="Bobcatfan4life" post="1011507" timestamp="1305568002"]
Directions to the field? Thinking about going....
[/quote]

Take I-10 West to Beltway 8 North (and then West) to I-45 North.  Beltway 8 is a Toll Road, so you will need $1.50 for each stop.

Take FM 242/College Park Dr. Exit

Take left on College Park Dr. (going underneath I-45)

Take left on Honor Roll Dr. (I believe it is the 3rd stop light after going under the Freeway) into the College Park H.S. campus.

Stay to the left and snake through the auxilliary football and soccer fields and through a metal gate after which you will take a road that gets you to the softball and baseball diamonds.

[quote name="Critter" post="1011583" timestamp="1305578997"]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=84308.msg1011576#msg1011576 date=1305577298]
Since the game is on Wednesday I'm sure you'll see both teams #1 Saturday a little also
[/quote]

Hopefully between Zoch and Lemoine we can have this wrapped up in two days...
[/quote]

True, but if it does go 3 games..What MEM said is mainly what I've heard about Giddings.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1011514" timestamp="1305568907"]
[quote author=Bobcatfan4life link=topic=84308.msg1011507#msg1011507 date=1305568002]
Directions to the field? Thinking about going....
[/quote]

Take I-10 West to Beltway 8 North (and then West) to I-45 North.  Beltway 8 is a Toll Road, so you will need $1.50 for each stop.

Take FM 242/College Park Dr. Exit

Take left on College Park Dr. (going underneath I-45)

Take left on Honor Roll Dr. (I believe it is the 3rd stop light after going under the Freeway) into the College Park H.S. campus.

Stay to the left and snake through the auxilliary football and soccer fields and through a metal gate after which you will take a road that gets you to the softball and baseball diamonds.
[/quote] This past weekend we were there and the beltway was ez-pass only no cash so we just stayed on the frontage road the whole way to 45

That's right, I come from the West side where cash is accepted.  You can either stay on the frontage road OR you can take I-10 into Loop 610 (called I-610 on the signs) North and then west to I-45 although, you'd be in the middle of some heavy traffic if you do that.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1011590" timestamp="1305579731"]
That's right, I come from the West side where cash is accepted.  You can either stay on the frontage road OR you can take I-10 into Loop 610 (called I-610 on the signs) North and then west to I-45 although, you'd be in the middle of some heavy traffic if you do that.
[/quote]

If I go I think I'm just gonna avoid Houston and go 105 from Beaumont to Conroe then hit 45 south from there. According to mapquest the time isn't any different than going I-10

The 105 route is without a doubt the most "stress free" route to the park, just watch out for the deer! From 105 we took 59 south and crossed over on 242 for the last series, came out on 45 just about exactly at the exit for the park at Oak Ridge, perfect. Looking forward to a great series. Safe travels to all.

[quote name="Bobcatfan4life" post="1011845" timestamp="1305646201"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=84308.msg1011590#msg1011590 date=1305579731]
[/quote]

If I go I think I'm just gonna avoid Houston and go 105 from Beaumont to Conroe then hit 45 south from there. According to mapquest the time isn't any different than going I-10
[/quote]

A darned good idea!  Only, be patient around Conroe, I here it gets kind of busy around there as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder