Goose Creek Memorial vs. Willis Game 2 Thread/Willis wins series 2-0

Game 2 of this Class 4A area round best of 3 series will take place at Porter High School at 12:00 p.m.  Willis took a 1-0 series lead with a 7-6 victory last night.

Game 3, if necessary, will take place 30 minutes after the conclusion of Game 2.

The winner of this series will take on the winner of the Brenham/Port Neches-Groves series.  That series is tied 1-1.

Guest Ranger83
Top 2nd
GCM      0    1    0
Willis    3    3    0   
Czerwonka lasts 1/3. C. Salmon is now pitching for GCM.
Willis sends 9 to the plate and leaves the bases loaded. 3 hits were all doubles.

Czerwonka only lasted 1/3 of the 1st? Perhaps not enough rest during the year?? Either way, sounds like the Willis team could hit the ball and our bats went cold. Well...not in the cards. It's a shame because we really had a strong team. But good pitching will shut down good hitting the majority of the time...IMO.

Both pitchers were lights out this year for the Pats (and I am sure they will be next year)....It is not how fast you throw (I know Chance is in the low 80s) It is where you place the ball...... Mike was awesome with all of his nasty stuff and I would have him as a #1 Lefty on any team.....They were gassed in these last few games but it doesnt take away from all that they have done for this TEAM all year...........Go Pats

[quote name="DaBears" post="1011121" timestamp="1305421267"]
I kept hearing all year how GCM had two good pitchers, #1A and #1B. Neither one of them can throw 78?
[/quote]
It is cause 19-4a doesnt know how to hit a curveball. Every team had trouble with them so that is why Martinez did a great job.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics