PN-G vs. Brenham/ Predictions

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If PNG can get consistency from 1-5 in lineup...then get some good quality at bats, regardless of hits, but just enough to make Brenhams arms work to get those 6-9 hitters out, I think a "series" is born.
I like what PNG has formed into the past 3 weeks and Sparrow is no longer a rookie and Knox, Jalali, Provost, Stone, and Gizzi are competitive enough to make it easier on the avg guys in the lineup.
Defense has to play 'non impact-error free' baseball and their bunt coverage game HAS to be under control and get those "free" outs when Brenham bunts and executes its offense.
If you force Brenham to beat you, you have a chance, but if you give them extra at bats in an inning, it will be a tough uphill grind on PNG's pitchers and overall confidence as a unit.
Don't allow the "26" and "9" to have 'impact" at bats, take a pitch away from their arms, and some how some way find a way to dent into their team confidence...

They have been stringing together alot of wins, so some chance of putting some adversity in that dugout of Brenham, something they obviously haven't seen in a while, and who knows how they respond....

I personally feel the upset is there for the taking as long as PNG doesnt make it personal and draw "extra" emotion out of Brenhams ballclub.. Beat Brenham quietly and they might can sneak away with a series.
Brenhams the real deal, disciplined, tradition, with "difference makers", so its going to be interesting how it plays out....

Good luck to Coach Brevelle and that Indian Program,
Fackler

[quote name="injun" post="1008723" timestamp="1305101086"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=84070.msg1007665#msg1007665 date=1304822361]
I know one thing....  You better get there early if you want a seat.  I know PNG travels well for football, so I'm assuming the baseball following won't be too bad.  Brenham will pack just about any high school field.  It's no secret that we love our baseball.  The fact that both offenses are stacked, should make this an entertaining series.  Schlottmann vs Stone in game 1.  You could possibly see this match up in years to come, as both are Big 12 committs. (Schlottmann- Texas A&M & Stone- Baylor)
[/quote]I wish Brenham would throw their ace against us in game one, because I think we stand a
better chance of winning with Graham on the mound in game 2.. It gives us a "Much Better" offense and
defense with Him pitching.. I like the theory in a series like this "Hope to split first two then see what
happens in game three"...
[/quote]
Graham is out for the season after hurting his arm in game 3 against Crosby, but either way Anderson starts game two.

Anderson has been very quiet this season because Stone's commit to Baylor has out shined him, but he has been just as solid, if not more solid than Stone when he is on the hill.

[quote name="No Punt Intended" post="1008897" timestamp="1305151137"]
[quote author=injun link=topic=84070.msg1008723#msg1008723 date=1305101086]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=84070.msg1007665#msg1007665 date=1304822361]
I know one thing....  You better get there early if you want a seat.  I know PNG travels well for football, so I'm assuming the baseball following won't be too bad.  Brenham will pack just about any high school field.  It's no secret that we love our baseball.  The fact that both offenses are stacked, should make this an entertaining series.  Schlottmann vs Stone in game 1.  You could possibly see this match up in years to come, as both are Big 12 committs. (Schlottmann- Texas A&M & Stone- Baylor)
[/quote]I wish Brenham would throw their ace against us in game one, because I think we stand a
better chance of winning with Graham on the mound in game 2.. It gives us a "Much Better" offense and
defense with Him pitching.. I like the theory in a series like this "Hope to split first two then see what
happens in game three"...
[/quote]
Graham is out for the season after hurting his arm in game 3 against Crosby, but either way Anderson starts game two.

Anderson has been very quiet this season because Stone's commit to Baylor has out shined him, but he has been just as solid, if not more solid than Stone when he is on the hill.
[/quote]I didn't get to read this response untill just now..That really hurts to lose Graham (His arm and especially his bat)..Nelson steped up nicely as DH tonight..Hopefully he stays hot and with Stone not on the hill it still gives us a much better defensive team IMO..I'm sure it wont happen but I would still like to see us with A.A. vs their number 3 pitcher on Saturday, instead of us using him against their ace on Friday...

[quote name="basesrloded" post="1009149" timestamp="1305208360"]
***Don't count Graham out completely, they haven't even received the results yet from what I was told.
Anderson has done a jam up job this season, excellent on the mound.  

[/quote]
I hope Graham isn't out for the season, but from what I heard, he needs surgery.

This has happen before, last year in the Regional Finals against Friendswood we lost game 1 8-1. Then came back and won Game 2 and 3. And won the State Championship. I think if Brenham wins Game 2 then they will win Game 3. From what I hear yall don't have that much pitching left?!

I was at game 1 and it was a great game.  All I can say though is that the umps in game 1 were horrible.  There were many blown calls (for both sides) that could have impacted the game.  Brenham, in my opinion, was the more skilled team, but they got rattled and the mistakes just started happening.  PNG stayed with it and outlasted the Cubs.  If Brenham does not get serious this series could be over tonight.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1009890" timestamp="1305306386"]
"
If Brenham does not get serious this series could be over tonight."

PNG heard that after a 0-3 start in district. Who would believe it now?
[/quote]

They made a believer out of me for sure.  I wasn't overly impressed with the pitching on either side, but the catcher for PNG is a player for sure.  That kid was all over every play.

Brenham must have brought up thier entire JV because they have about 30-40 kids out there. Tonight should be another barn burner. As for as Brandon Prevost our catcher, no doubt he's a hustler and I hope he and others from this team get some looks atleast from JC schools.

Guest Ranger83
PNG was a pre-season top 10 team in the state. They hit a bump in the road and now seem to be back on track.

Not quite sure why everyone is so suprised they beat Brenham. Now if they sweep the Cubs, that's something completely different.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1009929" timestamp="1305310719"]
Brenham must have brought up thier entire JV because they have about 30-40 kids out there. Tonight should be another barn burner. As for as Brandon Prevost our catcher, no doubt he's a hustler and I hope he and others from this team get some looks atleast from JC schools.
[/quote]

I think they brought JV because there were a ton of Cubs out there.  PNG has a very good team but I didn't really see the chemistry as an overall team. You can tell alot by the way a team warms up and I just didn't sense that.  Brenham seemed much better connected. I guess that all amounts to a hill of beans though because we saw who won the game:)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1009929" timestamp="1305310719"]
[/quote]
Brandon Provost has already committed to a JC I believe

[quote name="No Punt Intended" post="1009938" timestamp="1305311195"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=84070.msg1009929#msg1009929 date=1305310719]
[/quote]
Brandon Provost has already committed to a JC
[/quote]
Which one?  First I've heard of that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder