Bill lets private schools in UIL with big limits

...and the nightmare just keeps getting worse.

I'm sure they'll let the private schools in for all of the other sports, then after a few years, start letting them participate in football and basketball. They will use the excuse..."The private schools have been participating in all other sports for years without recruiting, so this proves they should be eligible for all sports."

I seriously doubt if these "big limits" hold up for more than 3 years. Then the recruiting wars will start.

I'm not very optimistic that the House will vote it down. They still have the memories of the lawsuit from the two private schools a few years back, and probably will vote the bill in just to avoid any future litigation. I sure hope I can get back on here and admit that "I was wrong".

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1006760" timestamp="1304714570"]
Both Jesuit schools have proven the UIL can control private schools. You must live in the corresponding middle school to play for the high school. They're not allowing move-ins. Neither has done much in football. And Strake Jesuit has always been good in hoops.
[/quote]

The Jesuit schools was the foot in the door. Now that the "community" is okay with some private schools in the UIL, let's add the rest of them with restrictions. Once the "community" is okay with all private schools in the UIL, let's relax some of those harsh restrictions that are keeping them from being competitive. This bill is the start of the progression. I fear that the rules will keep getting relaxed until we have full blown recruiting.

I really have no problem with it.  I hope the next development allows home-schooled kids the opportunity to play in the public school district they live in.  That is really the only draw back to home-schooling, and many other states currently allow it.

[quote name="Chester86" post="1006811" timestamp="1304722502"]
I really have no problem with it.  I hope the next development allows home-schooled kids the opportunity to play in the public school district they live in.  That is really the only draw back to home-schooling, and many other states currently allow it.
[/quote]

Fairly sure Tim Tebow took advantage of that rule while being home-schooled in Florida...

To me...it's all about the money, or lack of it for public schools, plus the fact that private schools can do a certain amount of (tongue in cheek), recruiting.  Just too many variables that are not close to showing any consistency.
JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23