Baseball- Nederland vs. Barbers Hill / predictions

Let's look at the strengths by positions and batting orders. It might take a few days, but add the most likely lineup and let's pick a winner

Lineups

Nederland

1  SS  Sonnier
2  C  Babino
3  RF Pitts
4  P Smith
5  2B Schlett
6  1B Brown
7  3B Duplant
8  LF Fontenot
9  CF Broussard

Barbers Hill

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1004552" timestamp="1304266278"]
Let's look at the strengths by positions and batting orders. It might take a few days, but add the most likely lineup and let's pick a winner

Lineups

Nederland

1  SS  Sonnier
2  C  Babino
3  RF Pitts
4  P Smith
5  2B Schlett
6  1B Brown
7  3B Duplant
8  LF Fontenot
9  CF Broussard

Barbers Hill

[/quote]

Anyone from Barbers Hill help us out?

Guest Ranger83
BH is VERY young. 7 starters Jr or below.Probably still a year away. We played twice and the line-up was different both games. #1 starter will keep them close and they have some young guys that can hit.
Nederland wins in 2. Too much experience on the Dawgs side.

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1004860" timestamp="1304354708"]
My prediction....Nederland goes to the State Tournament.
[/quote]

My prediction....(deja vu)....Nederland is eliminated by Brenham in the regional final. ;)

I will take Nederland in 2 games, over Barber's Hill though.

[quote name="cornhusker" post="1005150" timestamp="1304429196"]
Dogs wins this series. I hope playing at Lamar doesnt backfire. The Dog Pound is just as good as Lamars place or better.
[/quote]I might agree with you on who wins this series but saying the "Dog Pound" is just as good as Lamar's field is crazy.  They have more and better seating, a nice press box, a deck, sucken in dugouts like the pros, all turf infield and the outfield grass and playing surface is better than almost any infield surface in High School Baseball. Plus they will be playing infront of college coaches and scouts.
As for Nederland baseball team, they better not look past BH.  Remember last year Nederland had "the team" that was suppost to roll everyone in playoffs.  I was told they had the best pitching and hitting in the state. They bearly got by GCM and lost the next 2 to Budda Hays.
I agree they will win this series but they better put up a better performance in the playoffs than last year if they want to go far.

Guest Ranger83
Unless Lamar has made some improvements to their infield playing surface, Nederlands is much better. That turf is worn out in the batter's box.  Besides, it just ain't natural to play baseball on plastic.

I would not be "shocked" if BH won game 1. Just do not think it will happen. Nederland has too much playoff experience compared to BH.

[quote name="Year of the Pat!" post="1005182" timestamp="1304432819"]
Whatever happened to the freshman basketball player that pitched?
Has he played for Ned this season?
[/quote]

He played in a few games in pre-district. He played well, but Nederland has so much depth that his PT was low. He got a lot more experience by playing on JV. He'll be on Varsity next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder