WHO THE HECK CARES ABOUT YOUR PLAYOFF RECORDS

thescoop

Bottom line is that MOST posters get on here and talk a little smack once in a while. Some talk more smack than others. But the rule of thumb is"Do not talk the talk if your squad cannot walk the walk". Point Blank!!!!! Most of those schools who you are "sticking" up for have a few fans that talk a whole lot of noise about what they are going to do year in and year out.And pretty much every year they are doormats. Why doesnt everyone call Orangefields teams out? Because i very seldom have seen one of their posters talkin real unrealistic trash on here. We know they may not have the best team but the play hard,give it 100% and if they are successful they roll with it. If not they go out and try again. On top of that O field isn runnin thangs on the girls B-ball court so their confidence is much more visible on that board.(Im just using O field as an example guys). I dont necessarily care for several teams in the area,but when respect is due I give it. Everyone on here talks noise when their squad is good!! And some fans(u know who u are) talk noise even when they are terrible. Thats the fun of these sites. SCOOP get you a mustang t shirt and we will see ya Friday night. Lets say group hug 30 minutes before kickoff at the front gate!!!!! HOLLA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is that MOST posters get on here and talk a little smack once in a while. Some talk more smack than others. But the rule of thumb is"Do not talk the talk if your squad cannot walk the walk". Point Blank!!!!! Most of those schools who you are "sticking" up for have a few fans that talk a whole lot of noise about what they are going to do year in and year out.And pretty much every year they are doormats. Why doesnt everyone call Orangefields teams out? Because i very seldom have seen one of their posters talkin real unrealistic trash on here. We know they may not have the best team but the play hard' date='give it 100% and if they are successful they roll with it. If not they go out and try again. On top of that O field isn runnin thangs on the girls B-ball court so their confidence is much more visible on that board.(Im just using O field as an example guys). I dont necessarily care for several teams in the area,but when respect is due I give it. Everyone on here talks noise when their squad is good!! And some fans(u know who u are) talk noise even when they are terrible. Thats the fun of these sites. SCOOP get you a mustang t shirt and we will see ya Friday night. Lets say group hug 30 minutes before kickoff at the front gate!!!!! HOLLA[/quote']

Talking trash and running a team down are two totally different things. When you said doormats every year, that is not true. Vidor for example played a close game with everyone in district except Dayton. And I guarantee that all players give 100% and work hard. It is just discouraging to them when people run them down. I know every team has trash talking fans, but fans that make fun of other teams are classless. Be proud of your team no matter what they do, but don't run down the kids on the less fortunate teams.

Formerpirate you are right "doormats" may have been a little tough. I know one thing some posters on This site overuse the term classless on a regular basis. I have seen people called classless on this site that i know are very dignified and "classy" people. I Guarantee if the shoe ever switched feet there are a whole slew of fans that would be bragging and talking a little noise. Its in our nature. We all love football on this site!! We all want our teams to win! And i for one am gonna brag when my team is good. And if you are my opponent im gonna tell u just why we are gonna whip ya. Thats not classless......thats just the love and excitement of the game coming out. Who gives a rats A_ _ what others say,or the papers say. If the community is behind a squad 100% and the coaches instill hard work and faith in them.........thats when the results start flowing buddy. I didnt make the rules.... i just play by them!!

guys thanks for the comments....i prolly should have worded my frustration a lot differently and not offended so many of you....i would wear anyones colors if i was asked becasue i do support SETX football and regardless all kids in this area need to hold their heads up high as it takes a special man to play football ...win or lose you all are winners

Formerpirate you are right "doormats" may have been a little tough. I know one thing some posters on This site overuse the term classless on a regular basis. I have seen people called classless on this site that i know are very dignified and "classy" people. I Guarantee if the shoe ever switched feet there are a whole slew of fans that would be bragging and talking a little noise. Its in our nature. We all love football on this site!! We all want our teams to win! And i for one am gonna brag when my team is good. And if you are my opponent im gonna tell u just why we are gonna whip ya. Thats not classless......thats just the love and excitement of the game coming out. Who gives a rats A_ _ what others say' date='or the papers say. If the community is behind a squad 100% and the coaches instill hard work and faith in them.........thats when the results start flowing buddy. I didnt make the rules.... i just play by them!![/url']

You MUST be from Lumberton. That would make total sense. If you have never made the playoffs' date=' I suppose you wouldn't understand why it means something.

It's funny, though. Lumberton folks sure were excited about the prospect of a playoff berth until it became clear that they were still the worst team in the district. Did they really think a title run was in their cards? There was never a chance - nor is there likely a title run in their future for another decade at best.

Why try, then?[/quote']

First off, I want to know how many teams in the area, much less the whole state, say their goal is " I wanna be the worst team in the area and not win state "? Every teams goal is to win a championship, PERIOD!!!!! Whether it be WO-S, Nederland or Lumberton, they all wanted their goal to be WIN STATE. Second, for thestoop, in my opinion, to start a forum topic and start it with the DUMBEST, IDIOTIC POST I've ever read..... well, you deserved all the responses you got. And, if you are from Lumberton, SHUT UP. If you're not from Lumberton, still SHUT UP!!!!

Third, I have a portion of WOS92's post bolded for a reason. Your statement about Lumberton has to be the CLASSLESS statement I've read about a certain school. For you to basicly say that what is the point of Lumberton even suiting out a team for the next ten years was a little too much. I personally feel you should post an apoligy for your statement. The bashing post have been going on all season, but your post is the lowest I've read yet. You really are a CLASS ACT, minus the C-L!!!!!

Bottom line, all these students work hard for one goal, CHAMPION!!!! With that being said, I personally feel that all the atheletes that played this at every school, win or lose, should all be CHAMPIONS in our eyes!!!!

Guest airitout123

L-Town Stunners no one should owe you anything. All he was saying is how sick and tired eveyone got reading all of the Lumberton ramblings prior to the season. No one here is anti-Lumberton. I for one would love to see the underdog do weel, no matter who they are. His point about Orangefield was well spoken. Do not talk the talk unless you can walk the walk.

BTW, great post Stans92

First of all, I'm not going to apologize for anything, nor retract anything I said. Even suggesting that someone should apologize for posting his or her opinion is ridiculous. For that, you can buzz off.

Second, maybe you should learn to recognize sarcasm - which is what the "Why try" comment was. My point was that if he is from Lumberton and saying that no one is anyone unless they are THE champion, then why try to even suit up if your team is not in the running?

It was sarcasm (the "why try" part, not the "no title for 10 years").

YOU misread it.

I think you owe me an apology. ;)

I agree with you totally. Bragging doesn't bother me at all. I don't mind a team being confident and saying why they will beat another team. But when some people make comments such as Vidor= district 22-4A stay at home moms

That comment is aimed at one vidor poster who has gotten on here and done the same thing, run down Nederland and its players. His comments at me were about my sig concerning playoff appearences and how vidor was going to make me change my sig.

Guest PurplePride

:shock: Man, I wish I would have found this statement when it was first posted! I understand what your point is/was...I totally agree...KUDOS to all those that gave it their all but didn't have enough "help" to get into the final standings etc. Irregardless, you made our Friday night "eventful" and we thank you for that...at your expense.....but we DO thank you for it! Takes a true good person to lay down the physical and mental denomination to play every Friday night and get through the practices while we lazies..sit here at our computer.....KUDOS TO YOU! :wink:

How is this?

Sounds good to me. I understand it is all in good fun, as long as it doesn't mess with the kids who play hard. Besides a few years ago I was doing the same thing they are, practicing everyday and working hard just for Friday night. I just know how it feels to be disrespected and be the butt of the joke even though you work just as hard as everyone else.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami