How to break a 3 way tie?

Rake1

Just curious as to what format would be used to break a tie that involved more than 2 teams? In a district like 20-4A that takes 4 teams to the playoffs a scenario like 4 teams tied could happen, then what? It appears that 21-3A could be headed in that direction as well with 3 teams. I understand about the obvious tie breaker used with head to head record and or a playoff, but how do you decide when it involves 3 teams? Who would play who and how is that determined? Or do they go to some sort of run differential system when it involves that many teams? I have heard different theories from many but nothing concrete. What say you??

Most districts have a plan to work it out. I know that in a local 1A district 4 teams tied for the district title, they did a 4 team tournament to decide 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and the team that was left out. I think they flipped to see would play who in round one.

Not sure if it would be the same type of thing in baseball or not. I know that a 1A district last year had two teams tied for 2nd. They had a playoff game to decide the 2nd and 3rd seeds for the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder