BH and Dayton steam roll through New districts

BH96

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CougarPride

Well New Caney wasnt much of a match. Just like I said it was a butt kicking. Next Our Old District Foe They Mighty Ponies From Dayton.

Where do yall think we should play at.

*cough*

Hmmm... Seems like Central held their own and WO-S handed Dayton's own right back to them :wink:

So the "triangle" fared ok... Central did just as much to the teams that the broncos slaughtered.

But I'm glad to have Dayton in our local football picture. I like that team.

I'll tell all you GT teams something. You think BH talks alot of smack, right? There's about 10 or so of you teams from the greater GT area and everyone of you have something negative to say about BH. Maybe some of it's true and maybe some of it isn't. But the fact is since BH and Dayton are kind stuck off over here by ourselves, we're going to continue to back one another as we don't have a bevy of other schools to cover our back. When you get barraged by smack like that, one can only expect push-back!

No, BH does't have a big town to pull athletes from so yes, perhaps Central mops the field with BH, but you know, it doesn't matter. The fact is BH made the playoffs AGAIN with a team with far less superior atheletes than it's opponents is a testament to it's fortitude and desire, nothing more. So go ahead if it makes you feel like a big man, bash away. In the end, it's just a game and you only look goofy.

We dont beat down on anybody cuz our coach sits on a lead when he gets one. Its gonna change and thats a promise' date=' were already working on it. Watch what you say as it may come back to haunt you some day, we may get to play you in pre-season soon.[/quote']

When was the last time your coach had to sit on a lead,,,hmmmmmmmm

No, BH does't have a big town to pull athletes from so yes, perhaps Central mops the field with BH, but you know, it doesn't matter. The fact is BH made the playoffs AGAIN with a team with far less superior atheletes than it's opponents is a testament to it's fortitude and desire, nothing more. So go ahead if it makes you feel like a big man, bash away. In the end, it's just a game and you only look goofy

No, the Hill is a collection of small towns and no one wants to say it but 21 4A is drug store cotton soft. Until Forest Brook returns to their former selves(which I doubt) the Hill will continue to feast on mediocre programs unless C. E. King improves but anyway, you in the Hill get on your knees and thank the Lord the UIL can't read a map, otherwise those Broncos would've laid a horse in ya.....

As for Central, like most multi school districts, they compete for athletes, under constant pressure from the district to raise test scores etc, but Stowers has come end with a program and a work ethic and turn that program into a constant winner. It's just not fast, talented kids running around being 'undicipline' as some people like to say, but Stowers and Co play a smash mouth variety of football and they will bring the hat on defense. As he said last year with tears in his eyes after beating Ozen, everybody told him not to take the job. Instead he comes to Old Town and they go from 1-9 to district champs.......

As another poster loves to say, "Here comes that Maroon and Silver bullet"....

Central 49-14

One school towns should at least be able to compete year in and year out. A good coach would have his schemes all the way down to the 7th grade so by the time they get to the high school, it's just a pearing down process to get the best 22 on the field....

You know SFA85, you're right on the money there about 1 town schools.

But I do have a couple of questions for you though.

1. Are you implying that BH is not competitive? Careful now, there are a whole lot of people watching how you answer this and you don't want to look anymore moronic than you already do. Go read your record books or for that matter, the stats that WOS87 has posted. I think it proves that BH competes year in and year out.

2. Are you saying that a school like BH, who by the way, with a population pool of those 4 small towns you so eloquently waxed on about, equal about 6000 at the most, are on an equal talent pool level with Beaumont with a population 113,000+? Careful again, the numbers are not with you here.

3. Do you, in your honest opinion, feel that BH has some sort of "inside" connection at the UIL, which every two years places BH with a bunch of drug store cotton soft schools (whatever in the h@#$ that is)for the sole purpose of breezing through a regular season??? "ooooh, it's a conspiracy!!!" BH has no more control of what district it's put in than you do, so don't fault BH for being in a "weak district". It's based soley on geography nothing more my friend. I know, how about you get a job with the UIL and then you can have some real pull with where BH gets placed.

Finally, not a question but a comment. I have never intimated that Central is a bunch of un-disciplined kids that run amok, not once! I do think everybody on here from BH realizes how strong/talented Central is and realize that it could get real ugly, real fast. However, we also are proud of our kids and the program and realize that ANYTHING can happen on a given night. That's why we play the games on Friday night. No, we don't have the thoroghbreds that your Beaumont schools have. We don't even have the thoroughbreds that Dayton has for that matter. (Gosh, I wished I knew where their speed comes from year in and year out), but we do have a stable of quarter horses with heart and desire. And I'll tell you another thing SFA85, I would much rather have a team of over-acheivers with heart and desire that gives me 110% everyday than a team full of talent and the egos that go with it. Now don't get your panties in a wad, I'm not saying Central is a team like that, but I AM SAYING that BH is the previous! Less talented, over-achievers, with hearts and desires the size of Texas!

Hey Pantherplay...are you selectively reading???? IF you're referring to my post, I'm simply having a conversation with SFA85 who seems to have a problem with the Hill.

""No, the Hill is a collection of small towns and no one wants to say it but 21 4A is drug store cotton soft. Until Forest Brook returns to their former selves(which I doubt) the Hill will continue to feast on mediocre programs unless C. E. King improves but anyway, you in the Hill get on your knees and thank the Lord the UIL can't read a map, otherwise those Broncos would've laid a horse in ya.....

As for Central, like most multi school districts, they compete for athletes, under constant pressure from the district to raise test scores etc, but Stowers has come end with a program and a work ethic and turn that program into a constant winner. It's just not fast, talented kids running around being 'undicipline' as some people like to say, but Stowers and Co play a smash mouth variety of football and they will bring the hat on defense. As he said last year with tears in his eyes after beating Ozen, everybody told him not to take the job. Instead he comes to Old Town and they go from 1-9 to district champs....... ""

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami