Calling all Ornithologist

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="999450" timestamp="1303227513"]
[quote author=Dav-J link=topic=83335.msg999417#msg999417 date=1303224202]
Shouldn't this thread be moved to "Hunting" forum ?   ;D
[/quote]

"Hunting" a district and state championship.   :D
[/quote]So many changes have taken place; mostly all for the good. Several players are/have transferred who were being counted to help HF make the run. Definitely the district battle will be heated between HJ and HF. But Silsbee will be in the hunt. Oh, and W0-S wants respect. This district is about to heat up with top 4 teams battling for the top. Maybe this 3-A district will be the toughest this season. That will be good for S.E.Texas basketball. Ya Gotta Believe!!!

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="999286" timestamp="1303182232"]
A little bird told me that the doves were thinking of flying the H-F coop for private roosting in Beaumont that might be more divine.   :'(  Say it ain't so Blue.  I understand momma might be upset but that's no reason to give up a championship ring. 
[/quote]Nah, without going into too much detail, because the youngest plays on a nationally ranked team, they are getting a lot of attention from high schools and other sources across the country. There is no place like home.

I like the chatter.  Someone new entering the race.  Silsbee, HJ, and mix in a little WOS from time to time is what this district has been about.
Now a serious question, when was the last time HF won a district title in Boys Basketball?  Little Doves could make history if all the hype is true.  Anyone have an idea when, and if, HF took home the district hardware?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="999488" timestamp="1303230784"]
[quote author=Dove Hunter link=topic=83335.msg999450#msg999450 date=1303227513]
[/quote]

[/quote]So many changes have taken place; mostly all for the good. Several players are/have transferred who were being counted to help HF make the run. Definitely the district battle will be heated between HJ and HF. But Silsbee will be in the hunt. Oh, and W0-S wants respect. This district is about to heat up with top 4 teams battling for the top. Maybe this 3-A district will be the toughest this season. That will be good for S.E.Texas basketball. Ya Gotta Believe!!!
[/quote]

Dove, you don't think that the district was already heated?  Didn't Silsbee, H-J, and WO-S all make the playoffs this year?  Also didn't all of their jv tams beat H-F this year?  How will H-F make a difference?  Will the UOS finally pay off next season?  Will it be the new girls coach from Tyler Lee?  Will the little Doves make that big of a difference?  It didn't make a difference with only one Dove. 

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="999560" timestamp="1303238474"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=83335.msg999488#msg999488 date=1303230784]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dove, you don't think that the district was already heated?  Didn't Silsbee, H-J, and WO-S all make the playoffs this year?  Also didn't all of their jv tams beat H-F this year?  How will H-F make a difference?  Will the UOS finally pay off next season?  Will it be the new girls coach from Tyler Lee?  Will the little Doves make that big of a difference?  It didn't make a difference with only one Dove. 
[/quote]The seniors along with their leadership will make the difference. Along with a coach who will get the players to hustle their butts off or come off the floor and sit on the bench.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="999603" timestamp="1303241975"]
[quote author=Dove Hunter link=topic=83335.msg999560#msg999560 date=1303238474]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]The seniors along with their leadership will make the difference. Along with a coach who will get the players to hustle their butts off or come off the floor and sit on the bench.
[/quote]

I heard little doves don't think they should ever roost on the bench.  Sounds like fowl trouble for the new guy and he ain't coached a game yet.

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="999286" timestamp="1303182232"]
A little bird told me that the doves were thinking of flying the H-F coop for private roosting in Beaumont that might be more divine.   :'(  Say it ain't so Blue.  I understand momma might be upset but that's no reason to give up a championship ring. 
[/quote]
Dove Hunter - The way the HF community has recently treated the dove clan(mammagotjuice in particular) I would not be surprised if the boys want to move to make all happy.  I will tell you this a if mammagotjuice aint happy nobody is gonna be happy.  I doubt the parents will allow the small minded community of HF run out this proud and highly successful family.  Last thing if the used car salesman needs to get involved he will, his son maybe the Bosh in the LBJ/Wade trio. Two and a half men is what the HF team will be known as.

[quote name="Choice" post="999641" timestamp="1303246979"]
[quote author=Dove Hunter link=topic=83335.msg999286#msg999286 date=1303182232]
[/quote]
Dove Hunter - The way the HF community has recently treated the dove clan(mammagotjuice in particular) I would not be surprised if the boys want to move to make all happy.  I will tell you this a if mammagotjuice aint happy nobody is gonna be happy.  I doubt the parents will allow the small minded community of HF run out this proud and highly successful family.  Last thing if the used car salesman needs to get involved he will, his son maybe the Bosh in the LBJ/Wade trio. Two and a half men is what the HF team will be known as.
[/quote]

So your saying the "Choice" is theirs and they have options in where they play.  That's what I had heard.  However, I would have thought that mammagotjuice would have been happy now they they got the coach and work outs they wanted.  Blue already said, "There is no place like home" so I know he will want to stay on the yellow brick hardwood floor. 

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="999610" timestamp="1303242806"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=83335.msg999603#msg999603 date=1303241975]
[quote author=Dove Hunter link=topic=83335.msg999560#msg999560 date=1303238474]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I heard little doves don't think they should ever roost on the bench.  Sounds like fowl trouble for the new guy and he ain't coached a game yet.
[/quote]what player likes to ride the bench. But I hope the new coach don't play favorites and less talent like some others we know.

Surely the doves are good enough that the parents can sit back and let the coaches make the decisions, while the talent speaks for itself. You learn that as a parent in the AAU meetings dont you? Again, with all this talk, where are these kids playing? The land of UOS, say it aint so. Maybe some of that summa team out of H-Town can move in and overcome................reality!

[quote name="Choice" post="999641" timestamp="1303246979"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

If the used car salesman's son makes up "the trio" then the Longhorns are in TROUBLE!  I don't care who the other two players with a pulse are. Who is the "Half Man"  ;D  "Little" Big Dove, Bigger "Little" Dove, or "The Salesman's" Son  :D

[quote name="team first" post="999954" timestamp="1303267476"]
Surely the doves are good enough that the parents can sit back and let the coaches make the decisions, while the talent speaks for itself. You learn that as a parent in the AAU meetings dont you? Again, with all this talk, where are these kids playing? The land of UOS, say it aint so. Maybe some of that summa team out of H-Town can move in and overcome................reality!
[/quote]I seriously believe some people don't want to see HF succeed.  Hmmmm!

[quote name="killingmesmalls" post="1000051" timestamp="1303273897"]
[quote author=Choice link=topic=83335.msg999641#msg999641 date=1303246979]
[/quote]
[/quote]

If the used car salesman's son makes up "the trio" then the Longhorns are in TROUBLE!  I don't care who the other two players with a pulse are. Who is the "Half Man"  ;D  "Little" Big Dove, Bigger "Little" Dove, or "The Salesman's" Son  :D
[/quote]I'm old school. I always thought the best player who is contributing to the team should play. People contribute in different ways. Some are spark plugs and may have less talent, but bring energy to the team when needed. If he's a good coach, he will try and work it out whats best for the team.

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="999650" timestamp="1303247767"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

So your saying the "Choice" is theirs and they have options in where they play.   That's what I had heard.  However, I would have thought that mammagotjuice would have been happy now they they got the coach and work outs they wanted.  Blue already said, "There is no place like home" so I know he will want to stay on the yellow brick hardwood floor.   
[/quote]I wonder why you had to go under a new moniker? We have no idea who coach Decello is. Never heard of him. But he sounds like a coach HF needs. And yes, the younger one is being recruited by schools outside of this area.  :-X ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1000172" timestamp="1303308708"]
[quote author=killingmesmalls link=topic=83335.msg1000051#msg1000051 date=1303273897]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm old school. I always thought the best player who is contributing to the team should play. People contribute in different ways. Some are spark plugs and may have less talent, but bring energy to the team when needed. If he's a good coach, he will try and work it out whats best for the team.
[/quote]

Don't you think every coach tries to do what's best for the team.  You say you've never heard of Decello but yet you think that he is just what H-F needs.  I find that interesting.  You are right about if he is a good coach.  He will do what is best for the team even if it means the Dove family ain't happy. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed