Texas pre-season #1????

1. UNC. They have so much back.
2. Kentucky. If they all stay. Which it is looking like. Have the best looking recruiting class I have seen in a while.
3. Texas. If and only if everyone stays. Still need to see them play well late in the year.
4. Ohio St. Will be good yet again.
5. Duke. Lots of good recruits and the best coach in college basketball.

Barnes has already said he's coming back - I don't know if Zeller and the other big kid at UNC have made their decisions yet.  For Duke to be a top 5 at any point next season Austin Rivers better be legit and the Plumlee brothers need to take the next step and show littlest brother the ropes quickly.

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="999404" timestamp="1303222352"]
Barnes has already said he's coming back - I don't know if Zeller and the other big kid at UNC have made their decisions yet.  For Duke to be a top 5 at any point next season Austin Rivers better be legit and the Plumlee brothers need to take the next step and show littlest brother the ropes quickly.
[/quote]Zeller and the other kid are staying. the little Plumlee brother is tall but lacks size and is a bit slow.

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="1001457" timestamp="1303504069"]
Tristan Thompson is leaving - Jordan Hamilton leaning towards leaving and Cory Joesph is declaring eligible for the draft but not hiring an agent.
[/quote]

Where did you hear this? No one has published anything like that yet.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1001856" timestamp="1303676664"]
Oh I know that ;D And I hope Brown starts at the other guard.. Either way, Thompson was the piece they needed to be really good again
[/quote]It''s gonna be a faster pace ball team next season with Kabongo there. I'm hoping Thompson changes his mind along with Joseph. IMO Joseph isn't ready for the NBA yet neither was Bradley last year.

• 2 weeks later...
Joseph might stay in but I doubt it.  Stay in for the 2nd round would not be intellegent.  If so though UT front court would be hurt the most.  Nobody will be ready to take on the college world with force. It is looking like a really potent 3-guard line up though.  Kinda Villinova style with Joseph, Brown, Kabongo!

Wingmene/Chapman/Thomas/Holmes front court would be athletic but the production won't be there!  If they can sign DeAndre Daniels, it would be a BIG boost!

If McClellan and Lewis can score off the Bench that would make up for inside play but I dont see Texas higher than #3 in the Big 12 and maybe the bottom of the Top 25 nationally.  A&M or kansas will win the conference next year with the dark horse being OKState

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1006468" timestamp="1304652231"]
Kansas wont be great next season.. Lost too much and didnt gain enough to replace
[/quote]Honestly I dont even have KU making the second round of the tourney next year. the recruiting class was not that great.

Kansas and Texas will be in the middle of the pack. Kansas is in better shape than UT. They got hit pretty hard. I'm looking forward to see what Baylor will look like with Jones back and adding Quincy Miller. With no Dunn I'm looking for Jones to go off. Missouri will be pretty tough if the new coach can et them to follow his system. Same with A&M.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83