WO-S SHOULD Release List Of Applicants

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="the sports guy" post="999582" timestamp="1303240249"]
I really didnt mean that.

I just wonder how many they contacted and talked to seriously but never got an application from.  With a situation like this there had better be some big names on that list.  If not.....man.  It would make it look worse.

A big name could make some of the WOS faithful calm down.  Not the majority but some.
[/quote]

Yes, I was responding to that question.  I am surely curious to know the people who were contacted outside of the application process as I would hope some folks with pretty high credentials would be on that list.  But if they didn't submit an application the full body of those that were contacted who did not apply will never be known unless all such candidates make themselves known.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="999593" timestamp="1303240785"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=83252.msg999589#msg999589 date=1303240513]
list should have came out already, unless Les Miles, Bobby Bowden or the ol' ball coach (visor boy #1) applied.  :D
[/quote]
I dont even think that list would make Coop happy. :D
[/quote] :D

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="998737" timestamp="1303063554"]
And on further recollection, it would be hypocritical for me to weigh in heavily yet not reveal what I have learned.

I understand that at least three candidates were sought out by the Colbert Committee.  Those three are 1) , as well as Tyler Lee; 2) Hiawatha Hickman, current defensive coordinator at Silsbee and 3) M.K. Hamilton, head coach at New Waverly.  I know that Coach Hickman declined to submit applications which going as far to endorse Cornel Thompson for the head coaching position at West Orange-Stark.  I do not know whether Coach Hamilton submitted one.

There is a fourth potential candidate that was rumored to contacted as well, but I have no source close enough to this candidate to determine the reliability of the report.
[/quote]

I heard these same things/names.  In fact, I heard two more names (one of which declined out of respect for Coach T) and the other who might be faring well in this process right now.  Maybe they should be called the "Recruitment/Selection Committee"...  I will continue to pray that Coach T will get the job.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="998750" timestamp="1303066921"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=83252.msg998740#msg998740 date=1303064391]
Trust me, this is the one time I pray that I am wrong.
[/quote]

Me, too, kicker.  Me, too.

And let me be clear, I am certainly not looking for disciples to my point of view.  I post because I feel strongly about this.  If you feel that strongly as well, then get involved.  Research, to the extent you can, the issue.  

Call the committee members who have given their numbers, e-mail the superintendent about your views, his email is address is on the school district website.  Folks who have a stake or just an opinion should be doing this whether or not they agree with my assessment of the committee or my views on what the result would be.  
[/quote]

Amen.  We won't get a second chance at this, so let your voices be heard now.

[quote name="stang4life" post="1000344" timestamp="1303322600"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=83252.msg998737#msg998737 date=1303063554]
And on further recollection, it would be hypocritical for me to weigh in heavily yet not reveal what I have learned.

I understand that at least three candidates were sought out by the Colbert Committee.  Those three are 1) , as well as Tyler Lee; 2) Hiawatha Hickman, current defensive coordinator at Silsbee and 3) M.K. Hamilton, head coach at New Waverly.  I know that Coach Hickman declined to submit applications which going as far to endorse Cornel Thompson for the head coaching position at West Orange-Stark.  I do not know whether Coach Hamilton submitted one.

There is a fourth potential candidate that was rumored to contacted as well, but I have no source close enough to this candidate to determine the reliability of the report.
[/quote]

I heard these same things/names.  In fact, I heard two more names (one of which declined out of respect for Coach T) and the other who might be faring well in this process right now.  Maybe they should be called the "Recruitment/Selection Committee"...  I will continue to pray that Coach T will get the job.
[/quote]

Dang for life, you would think my proofing would be better.  The 1st one, which is probably the name that you heard in Coach Thomas Brooks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami