**Nederland @ Port Neches-Groves Broadcast**/Nederland wins/Comments

Guest JoesBros

I am a new poster but not new to the site. I don't have a dog in the fights but this is what I thought about the game.

I'm not sure of pitch count but I would have stayed with Stone longer as well. I was very surprised to see him get pulled. I thought he labored through what seemed like every inning. Ned hitter did a good job of working the count and getting to the pin. I haven't seen Nederland play this year but was very impressed with their pitcher and the pace which he worked. He worked ahead in the count and threw strikes. It was a good game until the 4th when the wheels came off the wagon.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WrightNDN" post="997018" timestamp="1302727473"]
I am a new poster but not new to the site. I don't have a dog in the fights but this is what I thought about the game.

I'm not sure of pitch count but I would have stayed with Stone longer as well. I was very surprised to see him get pulled. I thought he labored through what seemed like every inning. Ned hitter did a good job of working the count and getting to the pin. I haven't seen Nederland play this year but was very impressed with their pitcher and the pace which he worked. He worked ahead in the count and threw strikes. It was a good game until the 4th when the wheels came off the wagon.
[/quote]

The wheels falling off is known as the inning from hades. It can be and usually is enough to win the game for your opponent. Ned had the inning from hades against Vidor (all of Vidor's 7 runs were scored there)
and lost. It happens......it's baseball.

[/quote]
Stone didnt have his normal stuff last night. He was throwing high and when he did get it down, The Dogs hit him hard. The strike zone was erratic and there were questionable calls, but that is high school baseball. A 6-run inning is tough to deal with. The Indians are a better team than their record or their play last night. The Dogs are for real. Good win for Nederland.

[b]I'm not sure of pitch count but I would have stayed with Stone longer as well. I was very surprised to see him get pulled.[/b] I thought he labored through what seemed like every inning. Ned hitter did a good job of working the count and getting to the pin. I haven't seen Nederland play this year but was very impressed with their pitcher and the pace which he worked. He worked ahead in the count and threw strikes. It was a good game until the 4th when the wheels came off the wagon.
[/quote]

I agree.  He didn't have his best stuff, but with bases loaded 2 outs in a 1-1 game, I would have taken my chances with the Baylor Signee.  Austin did a good job of battling all night and only allowed 1 run up to that point.  I was suprised to see him yanked in that spot, but the bullpen was active before that inning started so he may have been up there in pitches.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01