Something strange in HF...

Guest tamulonghorn

[quote name="tamulonghorn" post="994610" timestamp="1302280929"]
girls job re-opened and boys have yet to hire even though interviews have been done for a week
[/quote]I did hear that HF was trying to play Central next season and was going to try and play in the YMBL Tourney, but thats been tabled. I guess its time for HF to play stiffer comp. ;)

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="994686" timestamp="1302291925"]
6 college vacancies have filled quicker, do they have national search going on as well? [b]Heard that it might be filled by asst fb coach due to budget issues.  That would help with UOS[/b][/quote]

Hmmmmm, heard that as well.

Also, regarding the HF girls head coach position, a local coach was offered, but then turned it down. Now the job is open again.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="994864" timestamp="1302310412"]
Wasn't the last coach a head coach @ Lumberton?
[/quote] You said a mouthfull there. Head Coach At Lumberton ;) They need to be looking for a  coach from a winning program , even if he is a assistant now.  If they are a lossing coach at any level ,what makes anyone think they can turnaround another lossing program head coach or not ???

Guys, coaching hasnt never been about what you know, it is who you know.  Everytime.  I have seen it time and time again.  I would bet 90 percent of the time.  Anybody can spin a good story, if you want a good coach you got to do your homework, and you cant just look at his wins and losses.  Lots of good and average coaches with good records and playoff apperances.  I see people all the time that are head basketball coaches that could care less about basketball or coaches that knew someone and got a job. Know somebody and you got the job. JMO

There is no substitute for experience but you don't have to be the head guy to be experienced.The enthusiasm the good young coaches bring to the sport can be contagious and sometimes that all it takes to turn a program around.Looking from the outside the program at HF was better this year than it has been in a long time.For years they were pretty much an easy "W" on anyones schedule.It doesn't make sense to reassign the guy who was at the helm last yearand put a football asst. in charge.No doubt having contacts in the business can give an applicant a big advantage.

[quote name="stevenash" post="995629" timestamp="1302527003"]
The Butler coach and the VCU coach were both assistants before getting their head jobs.  Looks to me like the fact that they didnt have prior head coaching experience didnt hinder their performance.
[/quote]As usual, your thoughts are on target

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder