New HF basketball coach is...

Guest tamulonghorn

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1000639" timestamp="1303357726"]
[quote author=redheaded stepchild link=topic=82787.msg1000589#msg1000589 date=1303351274]
So what your saying is HF hired a girls basketball coach to coach boys basketball? That figures
[/quote] I no a coach that coach girls basketball that has done very well as a boys coach.
[/quote] Matter of facts i no 2 the one @ NW the other @ BS

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1000639" timestamp="1303357726"]
[quote author=redheaded stepchild link=topic=82787.msg1000589#msg1000589 date=1303351274]
So what your saying is HF hired a girls basketball coach to coach boys basketball? That figures
[/quote] I no a coach that coach girls basketball that has done very well as a boys coach.
[/quote]

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1000642" timestamp="1303357976"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=82787.msg1000639#msg1000639 date=1303357726]
[/quote]
[/quote

Great, so is this the same guy, if not what does it matter, this is HF, not NW or BS wherever those are? they could have had proven successes and they chose another route?

[quote name="redheaded stepchild" post="1000589" timestamp="1303351274"]
[/quote]

The idea that a program that by all accounts is going to easily be one of the five best teams in the golden triangle for as long as the dove boys are there seems to beg the question, is a girl's coach the best they can do??  I go back to who did the hiring.  Car salesman is going around telling one and all that he brought in the next great boys coach.  And he may have just seems that the dove clan has taken a wait and see approach to the hire, probably after car salesman soothed their minds, I am with most on here that think this is gonna be the reason that HF does not meet potential this next year, a guy who wants to coach boys because he has one coming up is not a reason to get a job that has the level of potential that this job has.  On the other hand the guy took a 8K pay cut so he may be all in with this move.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1002656" timestamp="1303860290"]
Please tell more. Not familiar with the politics @ small schools such as HF, but I'm learning.
[/quote]
Dove - I think small town politics are like being an admissions counselor at a college.  Take for instance doing that job at a high end school like Rice, you would have to look over applications and make sure that the correct students were admitted based solely on who and how much the contribute.  After you get those students in the you take care of the squeaky wheels and then it just goes on from there depending on how your prioritize.  All in all politics on the job, on this board and at the local greasy spoon usually boil down to a love and passion which you sir are filled with.  I can tell by your toothy grin ;D

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="1003213" timestamp="1304015051"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=82787.msg1002656#msg1002656 date=1303860290]
Please tell more. Not familiar with the politics @ small schools such as HF, but I'm learning.
[/quote]
Dove - I think small town politics are like being an admissions counselor at a college.  Take for instance doing that job at a high end school like Rice, you would have to look over applications and make sure that the correct students were admitted based solely on who and how much the contribute.  After you get those students in the you take care of the squeaky wheels and then it just goes on from there depending on how your prioritize.  All in all politics on the job, on this board and at the local greasy spoon usually boil down to a love and passion which you sir are filled with.  I can tell by your toothy grin ;D
[/quote] The makings of a new reality show. Small town politics

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont