The First 31!!

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-has-31-applicants-for-men-s-basketball-job-1274371.php

The following is a list of applicants with coaching and/or playing experience listed:

Michael Bailey: unknown

Alvin Brooks: former Houston head coach and an assistant

Joseph Cornell: coach with ABA experience

Matt Cross: Lamar State College-Port Arthur men's basketball coach

Glynn Cyprien: Memphis assistant coach and former Lamar assistant

Jessie Evans: former University of San Francisco head coach

Jon Felmet: Richmond College head coach

Robert Gilchrist: unknown

Daniel Hoffa Jr.: Pittsville (Wis.) High School head coach

Julius Isaac: basketball player in San Antonio

Tim James: unknown

Shadi Kanaan: unknown

Otis Key: has ABA coaching experience

Indrek Kongats: unknown

Embry Malone: owner of ABA's Georgia Gwizzlies, Pepperdine University grad and former assistant coach

Victor Mansure: head coach for Team Canada at World Deaf Basketball Championships in Italy

Scott Monarch: Marquette University assistant coach

Donovan Nemetchek: women's basketball coach at Assiniboine Community College in Brandon, Manitoba.

Dwaine Osborne: UT-Permian Basin head coach

Zacharias Parimeros: founder of BBT basketball training

Norris Powell: unknown

George "Tic" Price: a Lamar assistant under Steve Roccaforte and former head coach at Memphis and the University of New Orleans

Nathan Ramirez: unknown

Walter Roese: University of Hawaii associate head coach

Sebastian Singletary: Stetson assistant coach, seven years at the school

Don Skelton: former Lamar assistant under Steve roccaforte and current head coach at Jones Community College in Mississippi

Tim Sowden: unknown

Todd Triplett: international men's basketball coach, owner Las Vegas Aces

Fred Watson: head coach at Benedict College in Columbia, S.C.

Jason Wild: University of Wisconsin-Manitowoc assistant coach

John Woods Jr.: former Dallas Mavericks player

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="987563" timestamp="1300931238"]
AAW, when is the deadline to apply?
[/quote]

The article states they want to narrow it down to 8-10 by the Final Four. I am thinking this weekend or early next week they will stop taking apps. But, I imagine they will always keep one eye open. ;)

Mr. Cooper has thrown another name in the ring - that was not on this list.  Terry Evans at Central Oklahoma.  According Cooper's article in today's Examiner, Evans started 4 years for Tubbs at OU and Tubbs asked him to apply for the LU job.  Evans is quoted as saying he did.  Based on his Tubbs ties, I would feel pretty comfortable betting my weekly salary that this guy gets an interview. - if he doesn't get the Oklahoma job, which he has also put in for.

Makes me wonder if there are other names on the list that were left off this publication, or that weren't on the list when this particular FOIA request was made.  Apparently applications will be taken through Tuesday, so perhaps there will be another FOIA request at that time.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="987680" timestamp="1300978682"]
That is about one sad list when you look and see maybe 5 people on there that are even worth thinking about.  We may have already gone beyond the ability to salvage the program if this is the best we can hope to attract.  This is embarrassing.  This list shouldn't have been made public.
[/quote]

They had to release this list, it's the law.  But this list doesn't mean much.  The first applicants are normally the ones that apply for every opening out there.  The serious candidates talk to Tubbs and company behind the scenes then apply near the end of process.

[quote name="coachacola" post="987683" timestamp="1300979235"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=82175.msg987680#msg987680 date=1300978682]
That is about one sad list when you look and see maybe 5 people on there that are even worth thinking about.  We may have already gone beyond the ability to salvage the program if this is the best we can hope to attract.  This is embarrassing.  This list shouldn't have been made public.
[/quote]

They had to release this list, it's the law.  But this list doesn't mean much.  The first applicants are normally the ones that apply for every opening out there.  The serious candidates talk to Tubbs and company behind the scenes then apply near the end of process.
[/quote]

Coachacola is dead on! The list will not only grow but get better in quality.

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="987681" timestamp="1300979037"]
Mr. Cooper has thrown another name in the ring - that was not on this list.  Terry Evans at Central Oklahoma.  According Cooper's article in today's Examiner, [b]Evans started 4 years for Tubbs at OU and Tubbs asked him to apply for the LU job.[/b]  Evans is quoted as saying he did.  Based on his Tubbs ties, I would feel pretty comfortable betting my weekly salary that this guy gets an interview. - if he doesn't get the Oklahoma job, which he has also put in for.

Makes me wonder if there are other names on the list that were left off this publication, or that weren't on the list when this particular FOIA request was made.  Apparently applications will be taken through Tuesday, so perhaps there will be another FOIA request at that time.
[/quote]

Tubbs pick the last coach....failed miserably

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="987681" timestamp="1300979037"]
Mr. Cooper has thrown another name in the ring - that was not on this list.  Terry Evans at Central Oklahoma.  According Cooper's article in today's Examiner, Evans started 4 years for Tubbs at OU and Tubbs asked him to apply for the LU job.  Evans is quoted as saying he did.  Based on his Tubbs ties, I would feel pretty comfortable betting my weekly salary that this guy gets an interview. - if he doesn't get the Oklahoma job, which he has also put in for.

[/quote]

Here is Chad's full article in the Examiner:

http://theexaminer.com/stories/sports/terry-evans-should-be-atop-lamar%E2%80%99s-wish-list

[quote name="Roughrider" post="987688" timestamp="1300979995"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=82175.msg987681#msg987681 date=1300979037]
Mr. Cooper has thrown another name in the ring - that was not on this list.  Terry Evans at Central Oklahoma.  According Cooper's article in today's Examiner, [b]Evans started 4 years for Tubbs at OU and Tubbs asked him to apply for the LU job.[/b]  Evans is quoted as saying he did.  Based on his Tubbs ties, I would feel pretty comfortable betting my weekly salary that this guy gets an interview. - if he doesn't get the Oklahoma job, which he has also put in for.

Makes me wonder if there are other names on the list that were left off this publication, or that weren't on the list when this particular FOIA request was made.  Apparently applications will be taken through Tuesday, so perhaps there will be another FOIA request at that time.
[/quote]

Tubbs pick the last coach....failed miserably
[/quote]

That cannot be blamed totally on Tubbs.  Roc had a lot of influential local support and inside the University as well to make that move.  The difference between Terry Evans and Roc is Evans has head coaching experience and a track record to judge him by.  Roc just had a reputation as a great recruiter and he was an alum.

LU has had 4 winning seasons (above .500) in the last 12 years, 2 of those were under Tubbs as HC!
Tubbs record on return:
11-8
18-11
17-14

You folks realize that it has been 23 years since this program has had a 20 win season? Combine this with being in a bottom feeding basketball conference and you question why no big name applicants are on the list  ??? ::)

It Is What It Is!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="987776" timestamp="1300992984"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=82175.msg987720#msg987720 date=1300984652]
No resources, you want me to inform you how C.K. was signed
[/quote]

Who is C.K.?
[/quote]
Clarence Key

[quote name="badndn" post="987792" timestamp="1300996387"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=82175.msg987776#msg987776 date=1300992984]
[quote author=team first link=topic=82175.msg987720#msg987720 date=1300984652]
No resources, you want me to inform you how C.K. was signed
[/quote]

Who is C.K.?
[/quote]
Clarence Key
[/quote]

Because Tubbs recruiting assistant, Denny Walsh had some good connection in North Carolina.  Thats how they signed Mike Oliver as well.  It wasn't because they had a large recruiting budget or that they had Cecil Newton type cash to hand out (nor would they have for that matter).  It was done on a shoestring budget. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83