Baytown Lee vs. Barbers Hill Game Thread/ Barbers Hill wins/Comments

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83
Why would the stats matter? All-district selections?

The only stat that really matters is the "W" or the "L".  The rest is subject to debate.

Yes for all district selections, houston area leaders etc....I agree on W and L but the stats of players are published so I would think there would be some sort of agreement on whose were the official stats or is this like little league where Daddy of team A batter calls everything a hit and Daddy of team b pitcher calls everything an error?  Were Longs runs earned or were they unearned as it matters to his ERA which at the end of district could be what seperates coach A from voting for him or someone else. I dont really care or have a dog in this fight just wondering what the official answer is, I would assume home teams book would be the official scorekeeper correct?

Guest Ranger83
There is nothing in place that sets an "official" scorer for high school baseball. It is very similar to Little League in that what you call a hit and what I call a hit may be different. Therfore, our averages will not be the same.

As for the publishing of Batting averages, ERA's and other stats, you have to take all those with a grain of salt. 

You r so right Pat.I said 5-6 hits cuz I read the stats on chronicles page.BH had 1 hit also with the 6 E's we had we had one hit and 4 BH assisted hits(e's).Hey pat wuts the rule on player ejection is it that game only r that game plus one...

Runner coming around third base and a catcher two feet infront of the bag in the middle of the base line and got bulldozed and than pitcher came and pushed the guy that ran over his catcher and the runner only one gettn ejected.I may not know the rule but if you have enough gonads to block the line don't be scared of a lil contact...

I beleive the player was ejected because he extended his forearms to the catchers head! Not sure what you can and can not do to a catcher in the base line, but the ump was signaling a blow to the head. Oh and don't forget BH had errors too, like the one that allowed the first Lee player to score 8)

Guest Ranger83
Most people will extend their arms upon contact. That fact is not relevant.

The rule is designed to protect the player/catcher in HS. Wether he is blocking the plate or not you can not purposely make contact.

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="986135" timestamp="1300675177"]
Runner coming around third base and a catcher two feet infront of the bag in the middle of the base line and got bulldozed and than pitcher came and pushed the guy that ran over his catcher and the runner only one gettn ejected.I may not know the rule but if you have enough gonads to block the line don't be scared of a lil contact...
[/quote]all three should be ejected... a runner has to avoid contact, a catcher cannot block the plate without the ball, and a player can not make contact or push another player....
i think umps are weard... they will throw a player out for wearing jewelry but not for some kind of physical act...

ok lets set the play at the plate to rest... the runner was ejected because he ATTEMPTED to run over the catcher who was in possession of the ball. the catcher held onto the ball during the collision therefore runner was OUT. runner ejected for not avoiding contact. a player in the baseline without the ball is free game, however the BH catcher (who had a great game) had the ball and Lee runner was out by several feet. the home plate umpire did a nice job of not letting the emotions subsequent to the play get out of hand. Lee's coach could have been ejected as well.

Guest Ranger83
Your response does not put the play to rest. Why should Hackney be ejected? Why was the pitcher not ejected if he shoved another player? Most baseball players would have done the same thing the Lee baserunner did. The problem is that he was playing in high school and not any other level. If you block the plate be prepared to accept the results. My player will accept his.

The Lee player fully understood why he was ejected.My argument was why the other player didn't get tossed as well?Second I will not take anything away from any player.The catcher Beasley did a Hell of a job behind the plate and Long carved most of our players up.So yes like i said a couple of post before for it being a 3-2 ball game it sho was an ugly game.It just amazes me how a pitcher can pitch his add off and his team not back him up with run support....

Neither ump saw the pitcher push the runner. The homeplate umpire had to run to the lee bench to get in between them and the BH players. They were all out on the field. BH catcher was sitting on the plate holding the ball? not up the baseline. what game were you watching? The catcher that was up the line without the ball was Lee's the half inning before when BH player #9 dodge the catcher to try and sneak around him. If he made legal contact he wouldnt have been ejected. Lee's runner was ejected not for initiating contact but for lowering his shoulder. Contact is acceptable if it is fair and not lowered shoulder. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefieldโ€ฆ.
    • Lucky for Orangefield thereโ€™s only 3 games max to play.ย  ย  Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90โ€™s but I donโ€™t know that for a fact. ย Rumors.ย ย  it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I havenโ€™t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.ย  ย  Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams.ย 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • โ€œWe have incredible evidence that itโ€™s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.โ€ โ€œ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐—, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฅ๐จ๐›๐š๐ฅ ๐•๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐— โ€” ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ๐ฒ๐œ๐ฅ๐ž.โ€
    • Itโ€™s very difficult to fire an educator. ย Itโ€™s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where theyโ€™re likely to leave on their own. ย Iโ€™m not sure of the legality of exposing an employeeโ€™s work records, but it seems likely itโ€™s not allowed if nothing criminal took place. ย 
  • Topics