District 25-A-I All-District Team

[b][u]District 25 1A All District Team 2010-2011[/u][/b]

[table][tr][td][b]MVP[/td][td]    [/td][td]Adam Stark[/td][td]    [/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Evadale[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Co-Offensive Players of the Year[/td][td]    [/td][td]Deven Murphy[/td][td]    [/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Evadale[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td]    [/td][td]Naaman Williams[/td][td]    [/td][td]So.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Big Sandy[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Co-Defensive Players of the Year[/td][td]    [/td][td]Chisholm Marberry[/td][td]    [/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Hull-Daisetta[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td]    [/td][td]Zack Bernard[/td][td]    [/td][td]So.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Big Sandy[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Newcomer of the Year[/td][td]    [/td][td]Michael Tanner[/td][td]    [/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Hull-Daisetta[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]1st Team[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Tyler Tucker[/td][td]    [/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Evadale[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Blane Dunigan[/td][td]    [/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Evadale[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ryan Hendricks[/td][td]    [/td][td]So.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Big Sandy[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dylan Eaves[/td][td]    [/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Big Sandy[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Tyler Godwin[/td][td]    [/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Hull-Daisetta[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]2nd Team[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brandon Bruce[/td][td]    [/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Evadale[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Shawn Totten[/td][td]    [/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Evadale[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Jordan Poor[/td][td]    [/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]West Hardin[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Clayton Werner[/td][td]    [/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]West Hardin[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hunter Cruthirds[/td][td]    [/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Sabine Pass[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Austin Edmundson[/td][td]    [/td][td]Fr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Hull-Daisetta[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dustin Welch[/td][td]    [/td][td]Fr.[/td][td]    [/td][td]Hull-Daisetta[/td][/tr][/table]

• 2 weeks later...
This list goes to show that politics play a huge part in picking All District. The Numbers definitly dont match the picks. Tucker from Evadale lead the whole dist. in steals, and Dunigan lead the entire state, From 5a to 1a in blocks, and the coaches pick a kid from a team that only won 4 dist. games to be Defensive player of the year. What a joke.

[quote name="king of swag" post="990243" timestamp="1301454688"]
True Blue you just can't ever be happy for a kid can you? Just like you sayin the kid from Deweyville didn't deserve offensive MVP when he did!! Give credit when its due
[/quote] Why should anyone be happy of someone that got a  award for something that they did not deserve. The kid should have got 1 team all dist but not MVP, come on look at the numbers. He did not have them....

There will always be a difference in opinion on the superlatives, that comes from people who follow some teams closer than others.The real issue these days are the number of folks who receive the awards.When you have over 50% of the district making all district it waters down the selection process to the point the kids that deserve it aren't recognized for their hard work.

[quote name="king of swag" post="990280" timestamp="1301456482"]
thanks anyways but i have already maybe you should look at them cause the kid from deweyville averaged over 20 points a game which isn't that bad and he still doesn't deserve offensive MVP? hmmmmm?
[/quote] It does not matter if he Average 20 or 50, his team came in last in a 7 team dist. that mean that 30 other kids play on a team that beat him. MVP means Best Player in Whole Dist. and if you play on a team that only wins one game  and comes in last place, that aint you.. ::)

[quote name="True Blue" post="990461" timestamp="1301496738"]
[quote author=king of swag link=topic=81686.msg990280#msg990280 date=1301456482]
thanks anyways but i have already maybe you should look at them cause the kid from deweyville averaged over 20 points a game which isn't that bad and he still doesn't deserve offensive MVP? hmmmmm?
[/quote] It does not matter if he Average 20 or 50, his team came in last in a 7 team dist. that mean that 30 other kids play on a team that beat him. MVP means Best Player in Whole Dist. and if you play on a team that only wins one game  and comes in last place, that aint you.. ::)
[/quote]

He wasn't MVP, he was Offensive POY. McDaniel was MVP.

I have seen offensive POY's come from teams that did not do well. It's not that big a deal.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="990465" timestamp="1301497007"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=81686.msg990461#msg990461 date=1301496738]
[quote author=king of swag link=topic=81686.msg990280#msg990280 date=1301456482]
[/quote]

He wasn't MVP, he was Offensive POY. McDaniel was MVP.

I have seen offensive POY's come from teams that did not do well. It's not that big a deal.
[/quote] Try telling that to the kid that played on a winning team that thought he deserverd it. Its a big deal to them. In 5 years it wont but at 17 and 18 yrs old its a big deal..

I can't decide if True Blue is slamming Hunter, the Deweyville Pirates, Or the group of coaches (24-2A)that voted or the group of coaches from his district (25-1A) that voted on his kid.  I guess it doesnt really matter because he finds fault  everwhere.  Either way, I feel bad for him.....this is eating him up inside!! 

Proud of all you boys......Ya'll make a school and a community proud!!

[quote name="EstesMom" post="990515" timestamp="1301500314"]
I can't decide if True Blue is slamming Hunter, the Deweyville Pirates, Or the group of coaches (24-2A)that voted or the group of coaches from his district (25-1A) that voted on his kid.   I guess it doesnt really matter because he finds fault  everwhere.  Either way, I feel bad for him.....this is eating him up inside!!   

Proud of all you boys......Ya'll make a school and a community proud!!
[/quote] I have nothing against the Kid or Kids from Deweyville, or Deweyville. Its not there fought that the other coaches Voted the way the did. A coach can not vote on their own player they just give the names of the player and the other coaches vote. 

all district teams are always innaccurate to a degree ... kids should learn to take pride in their team and not worry about awards. it can kill chemistry. thats why stats should be considered with a grain of salt. coaches with bad teams usually dont worry about anything but getting THEIR kids on -- even if they dont vote correctly ( i.e ) for kids on better teams. ... if you really , really , i mean really want to find out who the best kids are then learn which stats are relevent to winning. hint: its not ppg.

[quote name="snooker" post="990673" timestamp="1301509051"]
all district teams are always innaccurate to a degree ... kids should learn to take pride in their team and not worry about awards. it can kill chemistry. thats why stats should be considered with a grain of salt. coaches with bad teams usually dont worry about anything but getting THEIR kids on -- even if they dont vote correctly ( i.e ) for kids on better teams. ... if you really , really , i mean really want to find out who the best kids are then learn which stats are relevent to winning. hint: its not ppg.

[/quote] If I read through the lines right I agree with you. Stats on a lossing team, dont mean the same as stats on a winning team. As in Evadales team they had 3 kids that aver. the same 11 points per game. If anyone of them had played on a week team, they could have had 20 points a game. But they did not need to be a one man team, to be a winning team.

Gotta disagree with this one. If a kid is an offensive player he will score regardless of the team he's on, it is often harder for a kid on a less talented team to score because everyone is geared to stop him.There is nothing at all wrong with playing on a good balanced team but an 11 point player on a good team will be an 11 point player on a bad team.The best example of a MVP discussion comes from a couple of years ago in this same district.Tyler Copeland was the MVP but wasn't on the best team by any stretch, if anyone would have picked 5 players to start a team that year he would have been the first player picked.

keep the mvp ... well take the wins. .... it just sends a bad message. you are missing the point -- stats dont tell it all - esp ppg. the reason teams win are b/c of other things.  so when you dont reward kids from the winning teams its kinda insulting in my book.  everyone on board can feel free to diasagree but im a firm believer that the mvp should come from the championship team.  copeland included

[quote name="snooker" post="990959" timestamp="1301577961"]
keep the mvp ... well take the wins. .... it just sends a bad message. you are missing the point -- stats dont tell it all - esp ppg. the reason teams win are b/c of other things.  so when you dont reward kids from the winning teams its kinda insulting in my book.   everyone on board can feel free to diasagree but im a firm believer that the mvp should come from the championship team.  copeland included
[/quote]Were where you at yesterday?? I could not agree with you more. JMO there is no way any MVP can come from a last place losing team ;)Especially when that last place team is getting blew out by 45 and 50 points. The better players on the winning team are  setting out of those games, while the best player on the losing team will play the whole game..

[quote name="True Blue" post="990966" timestamp="1301578714"]
[quote author=snooker link=topic=81686.msg990959#msg990959 date=1301577961]
keep the mvp ... well take the wins. .... it just sends a bad message. you are missing the point -- stats dont tell it all - esp ppg. the reason teams win are b/c of other things.  so when you dont reward kids from the winning teams its kinda insulting in my book.   everyone on board can feel free to diasagree but im a firm believer that the mvp should come from the championship team.  copeland included
[/quote]Were where you at yesterday?? I could not agree with you more. JMO there is no way any MVP can come from a last place lossing team ;)Especially when that last place team is getting blew out by 45 and 50 points. The better players on the winning team are  setting out of those games, while the best player on the lossing team will play the whole game..
[/quote][IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/bryce4904/spell-1.jpg[/img]

There is no way that you know at what point in the games he scored his points so without knowing something, then why bring it up.
Second, it is individual awards vs. teams scenerios you are talking about.  Apples and oranges.  The only other thing I can tell you is become a coach and you will get a vote. 

[quote name="east texas bb" post="991000" timestamp="1301582726"]
There is no way that you know at what point in the games he scored his points so without knowing something, then why bring it up.
Second, it is individual awards vs. teams scenerios you are talking about.  Apples and oranges.  The only other thing I can tell you is become a coach and you will get a vote. 
[/quote] I would love to do that ,but I cant afford the pay cut ;D ;D But Like I have said, Its just my opinion, To be a MVP you have to play on a winning team ;)