Next year predictions

[quote name="stevenash" post="987328" timestamp="1300890789"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81681.msg987325#msg987325 date=1300890686]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=81681.msg986909#msg986909 date=1300834484]
I agree with you buddy. HJ may go to state next year. Those two studs they have coming back will be hard to handle. Silsbee will play small ball next year and may have a hard time against bigger teams.
[/quote]Actually, HF will match up well with HJ this year. It will be different if HF gets the right coach to instill dicipline in the team and a will to win.
[/quote]

Who is it that will be matching up with Prudhomme?
[/quote]Oh thats easy. We have two bigs to help out and quick guards to strip him when put it on the floor. OOPS! Too much info.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="987427" timestamp="1300901143"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81681.msg987328#msg987328 date=1300890789]
I agree with you buddy. HJ may go to state next year. Those two studs they have coming back will be hard to handle. Silsbee will play small ball next year and may have a hard time against bigger teams.
[/quote]Actually, HF will match up well with HJ this year. It will be different if HF gets the right coach to instill dicipline in the team and a will to win.
[/quote]

[/quote]Oh thats easy. We have two bigs to help out and quick guards to strip him when put it on the floor. OOPS! Too much info.

[/quote]
Sounds to me like out three point shooter is gonna have a lot of fun when all of those people stop Prudhomme.  Will all four of those (2 bigs and 2 quick guards) going to be new people?  I don't remember any of them doing much of that to him last season.

[quote name="stevenash" post="987436" timestamp="1300902906"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81681.msg987427#msg987427 date=1300901143]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Sounds to me like out three point shooter is gonna have a lot of fun when all of those people stop Prudhomme.  Will all four of those (2 bigs and 2 quick guards) going to be new people?  I don't remember any of them doing much of that to him last season.

[/quote]If HF hires who I think it will be, the new coach will see it ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="987441" timestamp="1300903781"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81681.msg987436#msg987436 date=1300902906]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81681.msg987427#msg987427 date=1300901143]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]If HF hires who I think it will be, the new coach will see it ;)
[/quote]

Hmmm- In my own, unsophisticated way of thinking it seems to me that if Prudhomme puts the ball on the floor and one of the bigs "stops" him, will they be employing a very sophisticated rotation system that will enable each subsequently open man to be quickly covered?  If that is the case, then HJ( and probably every other team in the district) is in big trouble.

Yeah, but theory can be more fun than reality. Lets use HF as the example (again). If our kids apply the principles & rules of playing basketball (skill training, games,mental exercise, etc)  all summer for about 4-5 hours a day, my theory tells me we can whip HJ and Silsbee butt next season ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="987665" timestamp="1300974931"]
Yeah, but theory can be more fun than reality. Lets use HF as the example (again). If our kids apply the principles & rules of playing basketball (skill training, games,mental exercise, etc)  all summer for about 4-5 hours a day, my theory tells me we can whip HJ and Silsbee butt next season ;D
[/quote]That's a good theory.

But in reality, if your kids spent 4-5 hours a day in the gym all summer they'd be burnt out on basketball and HJ and Silsbee would once again whip's HF's butt next season.

Just goes to show that there is a difference between theory and reality.  ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="987706" timestamp="1300983198"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81681.msg987665#msg987665 date=1300974931]
Yeah, but theory can be more fun than reality. Lets use HF as the example (again). If our kids apply the principles & rules of playing basketball (skill training, games,mental exercise, etc)  all summer for about 4-5 hours a day, my theory tells me we can whip HJ and Silsbee butt next season ;D

But in reality, if your kids spent 4-5 hours a day in the gym all summer they'd be burnt out on basketball and HJ and Silsbee would once again whip's HF's butt next season.

[/quote]Ah but the true reality is that true ballers have no problem playing 4-5 hours a day, while the rest play video games. All we need are at least 4 true ballers to carry us in order to beat HJ ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="987712" timestamp="1300983857"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=81681.msg987706#msg987706 date=1300983198]

[/quote]Ah but the true reality is that true ballers have no problem playing 4-5 hours a day, while the rest play video games. All we need are at least 4 true ballers to carry us in order to beat HJ ;)
[/quote]

Am I correct in assuming that YOU are assuming that the HF kids will play basketball 4-5 hours per day and the HJ kids will spend that same time playing videos?  The results of HJ basketball program do NOT suggest that to be the case.

[quote name="stevenash" post="987714" timestamp="1300984218"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81681.msg987712#msg987712 date=1300983857]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=81681.msg987706#msg987706 date=1300983198]

[/quote]

Am I correct in assuming that YOU are assuming that the HF kids will play basketball 4-5 hours per day and the HJ kids will spend that same time playing videos?  The results of HJ basketball program do NOT suggest that to be the case.
[/quote]Only in theory  Definitely not in reality! :D

One more question, Dove.  You mentioned if HF had 4 "ballers"-  Can you define "ballers" for me?  I have a feeling that,when they were drafted in the same year, Allen Iverson would have been perceived as a "baller" and Ray Allen would not have been.  Isn't it interesting how things have worked out?  The Knicks are playing 500(%) ball since the addition of Carmelo Anthony while the Nuggets have won 8 of 11 during the same time frame.  I guess they found a way to survive with one less "baller".  ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="987719" timestamp="1300984645"]
One more question, Dove.  You mentioned if HF had 4 "ballers"-  Can you define "ballers" for me?  I have a feeling that,when they were drafted in the same year, Allen Iverson would have been perceived as a "baller" and Ray Allen would not have been.  Isn't it interesting how things have worked out?  The Knicks are playing 500(%) ball since the addition of Carmelo Anthony while the Nuggets have won 8 of 11 during the same time frame.  I guess they found a way to survive with one less "baller".  ;D
[/quote]In HF's case, a baller is anyone who truly loves the game and willing to improve and learn from a good coach.  Take the extra minute to learn the game. Know the difference between a baseball and a basketball.

A "baller" is a kid that will do exactly what the coach tells him to do at the given time in a game. If the coach asked you to score the basketball, he will go down and score. If the coach ask him to get that ball, he will get that ball by either great defense and a finish with the rebound, or play solid defense and force the turnover. Get what I saying? ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="987741" timestamp="1300988287"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81681.msg987719#msg987719 date=1300984645]
[/quote]In HF's case, a baller is anyone who truly loves the game and willing to improve and learn from a good coach.  Take the extra minute to learn the game. Know the difference between a baseball and a basketball.
[/quote]... and I think therein lies the problem.  In the 8th to 9th grade you've got "ballers" as you explained.  Then, for various reasons, the ballers lose their interest/focus.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="987793" timestamp="1300996499"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81681.msg987741#msg987741 date=1300988287]
[/quote]... and I think therein lies the problem.  In the 8th to 9th grade you've got "ballers" as you explained.  Then, for various reasons, the ballers lose their interest/focus.
[/quote]

No- they become weight lifters who play basketball instead of basketball players who lift weights

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="987793" timestamp="1300996499"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81681.msg987741#msg987741 date=1300988287]
[/quote]But it happens in football as well. Those HF dads are diehard football. But thenagain, maybe I just answered the ???

Dove,you or wrong for that calling me out like that.Cuz i thought we were better than that.But as you know I strongly and willingly support all HF sports.I would just like a coach that would demand that his kids in the BBALL PROGRAM play summer ball and not give them an option, all other schools had their kids their this past summer and we could only field 7 to 8 players, playing can not be an option anymore.

[quote name="dawg13" post="991560" timestamp="1301689139"]
Dove,you or wrong for that calling me out like that.Cuz i thought we were better than that.But as you know I strongly and willingly support all HF sports.I would just like a coach that would demand that his kids in the BBALL PROGRAM play summer ball and not give them an option, all other schools had their kids their this past summer and we could only field 7 to 8 players, playing can not be an option anymore.
[/quote] :D I couldn't agree with you more, Cuz.  Maybe the new coach will feel the same way and at least take a look at his players and show interest during the summer. ;)

In 1A next year I think there will a changing of the guard. I think HD and Big Sandy will fight for the top 2 spots. They were good teams this year with a few Sr. And with Evadale lossing the three big Sr. they will have to play a completely different style of ball next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami