Crucial games tonight...

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="981302" timestamp="1299875126"]
Since PNG lost to Vidor and HF, the PNG Ned game is not that big outside of just being a rivalry game between the district's top two teams.  Regardless of the score, PNG will end up second and Nederland will end up first...
[/quote]
Aren't PN-G and Vidor both 8-4 and tied for second place in district?

Additionally, from what I can gather, the 1 and 2 seeds will get a good matchup in bi-district and 3 or 4 gets a little more testy.  Nederland gets the 1, but I think that 2 is still up for grabs.  Check my math.  I do think Vidor can beat Nederland, so I think it is relevant.  Nederland is the only team I have not seen play and, from what I see, Vidor overmatches PNG and LCM and Central -- they just made some mistakes and paid for them.  Seems like they are straightening those issues out.  The game last night was not as close as the score indicated (1-0), but even then, LCM had a shot to level late.  Otherwise, an unbalanced affair (just as the last game against LCM was that Vidor lost 0-2).  If Vidor can figure out how to use their technical and possession advantage without critical lapses, they will be tough to handle.  Lots of speed on their team and good ball movement. 

[quote name="texcoug" post="981872" timestamp="1299953569"]
I think the posts are correct but if Vidor goes 2-0 next week and PNG splits, Vidor will be the 2 seed (by my math).  But, if Vidor splits, PNG splits, and LCM goes 2-0, what happens then? 
[/quote]

if vidor and png are tied there will most likely be a coin toss, not a very climactic way to decide 2nd and 3rd place, but look at it this way. both teams are virtually guaranteed a win in the first round of district, and a "playoff" game between the two teams would only tire both out right before playoffs. and for the second situation, i have no idea, what your talking about sounds like a 3 way tie for 2nd and 3rd place. it would probably come down to goal differential

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin