Top 25 Players in SETx

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="974580" timestamp="1299002079"]
[quote author=PaBees link=topic=81018.msg974500#msg974500 date=1298992972]
I can't put out a list of twenty five, but I can throw out a 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team scenario.  I'll do it with five on a team the way it should be done, rather than an all-district team of 30 guys.

1st Team SETX:
PG Earl Bray, Port Arthur Memorial
SG Brennan Doty, PNG
SF Chris Cunningham, Nederland
PF DC Stallworth, Silsbee
C Kelvin Smith, Nederland

Everyone in this group is not necessarily in position, but I think these are the best five in the area.

Second Team:
PG Garrett Gustaffson, HJ
SG David Green, Ozen
SF Hunter Gonzales, LCM
PF Shawn Prudhomme, HJ
C Dionte Forney, Nederland

Third Team:
PG Kelton Gaines, Silsbee
SG #2 Livingston.  I want to say Jacory Thomas, but that could be way off.
SF Kristin Smith, Central
PF Prentice Lane, Silsbee
C Jeffrey Ieans, Ozen

There should probably be one or two from West Brook on this list and maybe another from PA, but I just haven't seen much 5A basketball this season.  Sorry in advance.  A few guys are a bit out of position, but I tried to take what I thought were the best five and put them together and then do the same with the second and third teams.  HJ guys, I know you will say Prudhomme will be higher, but I don't think he's there yet.  With that said, everyone ahead of him is a senior.  Flame away!

[/quote]

In the format that you have it with by positions this is very good..........however I would argue the fact that Shawn Prudhomme is in the Top 5 of SE Texas.  DC is the best without question, but Shawn should be in the top 5 for sure!!!!!
[/quote]

I'm going to keep it real as real can get! DC Stallworth isnt the best player in SETX. The kid from Nederland Smith is better! I'm a SIlsbee fan and watch both play this year. Smith should be SETX player of the year IMO. Prudhomme will be the best player in SETX next year. He needs a GOOD coach to worth with him over the summer on his mid range jumper. If he adds that to his game along with his driving ability, he will be one of the BEST EVER to come from this area. I know two local college coaches who are looking at him. SFA and McNeese St like him over Stallworth.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="974670" timestamp="1299012995"]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=81018.msg974666#msg974666 date=1299012695]
IMO

1.)  DC Stallworth
2.)  Kelvin Smith
3.)  Earl Bray
4.)  Garret Gustafsen
5.)  Chris Cunningham
6.)  Shawn Prudhomme
7.)  David Green
8.)  Kristian Smith
9.)  Prentice Lane
10.) Dionte Forney

[/quote]

I like this list as well, but [b]I prefer Cunningham over Smith.[/b] I truely believe Cunningham is Ned's best player. Prudhomme is the better player than Gus, but I really like Garrett's leadership on the floor.
[/quote]You may have an argument there!

Guest hjlonghorn
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="974762" timestamp="1299020180"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81018.msg974580#msg974580 date=1299002079]
[quote author=PaBees link=topic=81018.msg974500#msg974500 date=1298992972]
I can't put out a list of twenty five, but I can throw out a 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team scenario.  I'll do it with five on a team the way it should be done, rather than an all-district team of 30 guys.

1st Team SETX:
PG Earl Bray, Port Arthur Memorial
SG Brennan Doty, PNG
SF Chris Cunningham, Nederland
PF DC Stallworth, Silsbee
C Kelvin Smith, Nederland

Everyone in this group is not necessarily in position, but I think these are the best five in the area.

Second Team:
PG Garrett Gustaffson, HJ
SG David Green, Ozen
SF Hunter Gonzales, LCM
PF Shawn Prudhomme, HJ
C Dionte Forney, Nederland

Third Team:
PG Kelton Gaines, Silsbee
SG #2 Livingston.  I want to say Jacory Thomas, but that could be way off.
SF Kristin Smith, Central
PF Prentice Lane, Silsbee
C Jeffrey Ieans, Ozen

There should probably be one or two from West Brook on this list and maybe another from PA, but I just haven't seen much 5A basketball this season.  Sorry in advance.  A few guys are a bit out of position, but I tried to take what I thought were the best five and put them together and then do the same with the second and third teams.  HJ guys, I know you will say Prudhomme will be higher, but I don't think he's there yet.  With that said, everyone ahead of him is a senior.  Flame away!

[/quote]

In the format that you have it with by positions this is very good..........however I would argue the fact that Shawn Prudhomme is in the Top 5 of SE Texas.  DC is the best without question, but Shawn should be in the top 5 for sure!!!!!
[/quote]

I'm going to keep it real as real can get! DC Stallworth isnt the best player in SETX. The kid from Nederland Smith is better! I'm a SIlsbee fan and watch both play this year. Smith should be SETX player of the year IMO. Prudhomme will be the best player in SETX next year. He needs a GOOD coach to worth with him over the summer on his mid range jumper. If he adds that to his game along with his driving ability, he will be one of the BEST EVER to come from this area. I know two local college coaches who are looking at him. SFA and McNeese St like him over Stallworth.
[/quote]

Are you saying Sutherland isn't a GOOD coach?

Is that what I said? Sutherland is great high school coach. Shawn needs to get a AAU coach or college level coach to teach him some ball handling skills and how to pull up for some 10-15 foot jumpers. Playing AAU ball and playing better competition in the Houston and Dallas area can help him. DC played against mostly 5A and out of state talent last summer and it helped him to play better. Shawn and Bosha both have very rare skill sets that can be maximized by playing against some of the big boys over the summer. If you put both of them on Sneeds AAU team this summer, you better watch out for HJ next year. They will win state off those 2.

Guest hjlonghorn
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="974991" timestamp="1299033624"]
Is that what I said? Sutherland is great high school coach. Shawn needs to get a AAU coach or college level coach to teach him some ball handling skills and how to pull up for some 10-15 foot jumpers. Playing AAU ball and playing better competition in the Houston and Dallas area can help him. DC played against mostly 5A and out of state talent last summer and it helped him to play better. Shawn and Bosha both have very rare skill sets that can be maximized by playing against some of the big boys over the summer. If you put both of them on Sneeds AAU team this summer, you better watch out for HJ next year. They will win state off those 2.
[/quote]

True, Sorry thought you were downing Coach Todd!  ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="974991" timestamp="1299033624"]
[/quote]

Prudhomme and Bosha are already on a AAU team together!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="975036" timestamp="1299036112"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=81018.msg974991#msg974991 date=1299033624]
[/quote]

Prudhomme and Bosha are already on a AAU team together!!!

[/quote]

There on Team Sneed.

[quote name="BigRed42" post="975057" timestamp="1299037135"]
The best player in the area is a toss-up between DC and K-Smith with Bray and Cunningham in the top 5 as well.
[/quote]

Bray???  The only Bray I know of graduated from Kountze last year!!!

After hearing these comments, im going with the crowd on this one  ;D

1. Kelvin Smith-Ned.
2. DC Stallworth-Silsbee
3. Garrett Gustafson-HJ
4. Chris Cunningham-Ned.
5. Earl Bray-Memorial
6. Shawn Prudhomme-HJ
7. Brennan Doty-PNG
8. Darrin Sells-Woodville
9. David Green-Ozen
10. Hunter Gonzales-LCM
11. Dionte Forney-Ned.
12. Zay McDaniel-Kountze
13. Kristian Smith-Central
14. George Whittaker-Spurger
15. Prentice Lane-Silsbee
16. Hank Jones-EC

after that im dumbfounded lol any corrections? and yes i know i made several dramatic moves between the two lists. It comes from a gain of knowledge and insite on the subject lol

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="975942" timestamp="1299121393"]
After hearing these comments, im going with the crowd on this one  ;D

1. Kelvin Smith-Ned.
2. DC Stallworth-Silsbee
3. Garrett Gustafson-HJ
4. Chris Cunningham-Ned.
5. Earl Bray-Memorial
6. Shawn Prudhomme-HJ
7. Brennan Doty-PNG
8. Darrin Sells-Woodville
9. David Green-Ozen
10. Hunter Gonzales-LCM
11. Dionte Forney-Ned.
12. Zay McDaniel-Kountze
13. Kristian Smith-Central
14. George Whittaker-Spurger
15. Prentice Lane-Silsbee
16. Hank Jones-EC

after that im dumbfounded lol any corrections? and yes i know i made several dramatic moves between the two lists. It comes from a gain of knowledge and insite on the subject lol
[/quote]if i had to go with as of lately shawn prudhomme wld probably be number one or 2 just my opinion

[quote name="GoGetta56" post="975990" timestamp="1299123334"]
if i had to go with as of lately shawn prudhomme wld probably be number one or 2 just my opinion
[/quote]I'm not sure.  I think K Smith and DC Lane (in no particular order) are still the top two.  Sean will get his chance to shine!!!

Besides, I'd think he'd rather have a State Tournament MVP trophy then a SETX top trophy?  ;)

Of course, its implied that the state trophy would accompany a state MVP trophy!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami