Big Sandy vs. Evadale Game Thread/Evadale wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="966458" timestamp="1297795379"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80156.msg965625#msg965625 date=1297613501]
Seeing that this is the first Vr game [b]that the fat guy[/b] has called this year I dont see the patten. But are you saying that he is calling the game on what he has heard about different players. And no its not the first Tech of the year the other one was for a foolish call also, For dunking in warmups. Again a case for the ref wonting to become part of the game.
[/quote]Am I the only one bothered by the fact that you refer to someone else as "the fat guy"?!?!?  ???
[/quote] OK you tell me, One was a black man, one had a bad hairpeace, and the other was a fat guy. And the fat guy is the one that made the call..But I got to give credit were it due, he did run up and down the floor and try to get in were he could make a call. We had one last night that had a hard time making it to half court and made a few calls from the FT line on the other end of the floor. ::)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="966458" timestamp="1297795379"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80156.msg965625#msg965625 date=1297613501]
Seeing that this is the first Vr game [b]that the fat guy[/b] has called this year I dont see the patten. But are you saying that he is calling the game on what he has heard about different players. And no its not the first Tech of the year the other one was for a foolish call also, For dunking in warmups. Again a case for the ref wonting to become part of the game.
[/quote]Am I the only one bothered by the fact that you refer to someone else as "the fat guy"?!?!?  ???
[/quote]

Ease up, Fan.  I refer to myself as "The fat guy."  It is what it is - I am what I am. ::)

[quote name="True Blue" post="966244" timestamp="1297745937"]
[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA link=topic=80156.msg965725#msg965725 date=1297653898]
Wasn't refering to you either Blue.  You just can't seem to keep you foot out of your mouth.  I'm starting to think Evadale will be a heck of a lot better when you have no reason to come to the games!  That'll be soon enough.

[/quote]I have been going to Evadale games for 25 yrs now, and I dont see me stoping going anytime in the furture. I have coach almost every kid playing in JR high all the way up to Sr . Boys and girls. So you aint getting rid of me that eazy.  ;D And WHSALUM I said that after we lost to Leggett that we were not the best 1a club in the area. And as far the Techs go, yea its the rule, and its also the rule if you slap the backboard, if you spill water on the floor during a 30 sec time out, if the coach crosses mid court, and on and on. But most of those calls are never made except when a offical wonts to become part of the game. Most of your good refs can make their point without making that call and you never know they are on the floor.JMO
[/quote]Now don't take this personal Blue because it isn't meant to be but I have seen the pre game dunk called 3 times this year.Evadale was not one of the clubs that I saw it called against.My question is this,if it is a technical foul to dunk in pre game warm ups and the official does not call it how do you decide when one is called in a game situation?The officials are calling a rule violation which they should unless the rule is changed.Do I think it should be tech? No, but they have to call it as long as it is.The same goes for aggresive fouls, they have to call what the rule book dictates,if they don't you may as well have fan calling the game without a rule book.

OK here is JMO The Tech that was called went like this. IN most cases the Refs leave the gym between games ,and when they come back in they blow their whisle before they hit the floor. I know thats not mandated but most do, to let the players know they are comming in. The rule is no dunking when the refs are on the floor. This ref came in the side door walked behind the benches and stood behind the scorer table. after about 2 min, the other two ref came throw the door with a whisle and the players quite dunking. The first ref, that was behind the table came out and with to the other two refs, and pointed out the players that were dunking. That was cleary a ref wonting to make himself a bigger park of the game. It is a rule to keep one bigger team from intimating a smaller club, and I can agree with that. Last year Ana. when EC went there, the Ana. coach asked the Ref to not leave the floor, to keep the EC players from pre game dunks. But to have a Ref to sneak in the gym is bush leauge.

[quote name="whsalum" post="967098" timestamp="1297872611"]
We used to blow the whistle coming down the tunnel but I haven't heard a whistle this year.I think they may have changed that practice.
[/quote]I'm not disagreeing for the sake of it, but I can remember several times this year that the refs have blown the whistle upon entering the gym.  Not trying to argue just something I've noticed.

The refs have blowen the whistle before comming on the floor in every dist game this year. The Teck was called on the 3 game of the year. But the intimating call has been in affect this year. Teams can no longer come in and run all the way around the floor , if the other team is all ready on the floor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124