**WO-S at HJ Broadcast---7:50 Tonight** Hawks win 68-49!

Lazeek

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, Hawks.  They hustled their tails off tonight.  I don't know how many passes were tipped by our defense tonight, which really extended the WOS offense.  Those guys could never get in synch.

BTW, on Gus's play where he tipped the ball out of WOS player's hands, then he went out of bounds but established himself inbounds before he took the ball and dribbled upcourt..... the WOS coach seemed to have a problem with that.  Isn't that legal, provided Gus came back inbounds completely before touching the ball again (he was the first player touching it after he came back in bounds).

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="963355" timestamp="1297225133"]
BTW, on Gus's play where he tipped the ball out of WOS player's hands, then he went out of bounds but established himself inbounds before he took the ball and dribbled upcourt..... the WOS coach seemed to have a problem with that.  Isn't that legal, provided Gus came back inbounds completely before touching the ball again (he was the first player touching it after he came back in bounds).
[/quote]Does anyone know if this ruling was correct?  I thought it was, but several experts in the stands claimed that the man out of bounds can not be the first to touch the ball.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="963487" timestamp="1297265132"]
Not really sure, but at least there were no Free Throw lane violations on a airball!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] :D :D  That had to be the best air-ball I have even seen!

I was sitting up in the stands and I had just commented that Joe has been our best free-throw shooter lately.  It was very quiet and everyone around me could hear me.  I got a whole bunch of dirty looks for jinxing Mr. Persohn.

Sorry, Joe!!!!  My bad

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="963497" timestamp="1297266624"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79952.msg963487#msg963487 date=1297265132]
Not really sure, but at least there were no Free Throw lane violations on a airball!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I was sitting up in the stands and I had just commented that Joe has been our best free-throw shooter lately.  It was very quiet and everyone around me could hear me.  I got a whole bunch of dirty looks for jinxing Mr. Persohn.

Sorry, Joe!!!!  My bad
[/quote]

That was bad for Joe, I had just said the same thing on the broadcast........

I was actually referring to the pathetic lane violation that they called on Prudhomme on a airball shot by an OF player on Saturday!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="963511" timestamp="1297267748"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79952.msg963497#msg963497 date=1297266624]

Sorry, Joe!!!!  My bad
[/quote]

I was actually referring to the pathetic lane violation that they called on Prudhomme on a airball shot by an OF player on Saturday!!!!
[/quote]Yes, I realize that, and I had to laugh at the ref's for some of the calls they made last Saturday.  It almost made you wonder who was watching the Foot Locker while they were gone!

But you gotta admit, when was the last time you saw a free throw come that much short?!?  And then the look at Joe's face that said, "[i]OMG, I am going to get ribbed so bad for that?[/i]"

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="963511" timestamp="1297267748"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79952.msg963497#msg963497 date=1297266624]

Sorry, Joe!!!!  My bad
[/quote]

[/quote].... so what you are saying is that we laid the double-whammy on him.  Poor kid didn't stand a chance!  I'm almost surprised he didn't break his ankle on the shot with such bad juju being thrown at him!  ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="963482" timestamp="1297264303"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79952.msg963355#msg963355 date=1297225133]
[/quote]Does anyone know if this ruling was correct?  I thought it was, but several experts in the stands claimed that the man out of bounds can not be the first to touch the ball.
[/quote]

I have been told by a most reliable source that while a football player cannot do so, a basketball player only need re-establish himself with both feet back inbounds and can then access the ball.  The referee made the correct call.

[quote name="stevenash" post="963520" timestamp="1297268459"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79952.msg963482#msg963482 date=1297264303]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79952.msg963355#msg963355 date=1297225133]
[/quote]

I have been told by a most reliable source that while a football player cannot do so, a basketball player only need re-establish himself with both feet back inbounds and can then access the ball.  The referee made the correct call.
[/quote]That's exactly what I thought.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="963531" timestamp="1297269722"]
I will post points tonight for each player...........sorry I have a real job during the day!!!!
[/quote]

a real job?  some would question that due to the large and never ending amount of post you have on this fine website. 

[quote name="86hawk" post="963547" timestamp="1297270697"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79952.msg963531#msg963531 date=1297269722]
I will post points tonight for each player...........sorry I have a real job during the day!!!!
[/quote]

a real job?  some would question that due to the large and never ending amount of post you have on this fine website. 
[/quote]

Some would question the same about you with all of those "air miles" that you accumulate..........Virginia, Tennessee, Florida, Las Vegas, Michigan......where is the next stop??? ;D ;D ;D

BTW, on Gus's play where he tipped the ball out of WOS player's hands, then he went out of bounds but established himself inbounds before he took the ball and dribbled upcourt..... the WOS coach seemed to have a problem with that.  Isn't that legal, provided Gus came back inbounds completely before touching the ball again (he was the first player touching it after he came back in bounds).
[/quote]Does anyone know if this ruling was correct?  I thought it was, but several experts in the stands claimed that the man out of bounds can not be the first to touch the ball.
[/quote]
Well that rule in football is enforced but i have no clue about basketball

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="963550" timestamp="1297271261"]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=79952.msg963547#msg963547 date=1297270697]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79952.msg963531#msg963531 date=1297269722]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Some would question the same about you with all of those "air miles" that you accumulate..........Virginia, Tennessee, Florida, Las Vegas, Michigan......where is the next stop??? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

i am trying to keep up with Badsanta.  Vegas next week.

BTW, on Gus's play where he tipped the ball out of WOS player's hands, then he went out of bounds but established himself inbounds before he took the ball and dribbled upcourt..... the WOS coach seemed to have a problem with that.  Isn't that legal, provided Gus came back inbounds completely before touching the ball again (he was the first player touching it after he came back in bounds).
[/quote]Does anyone know if this ruling was correct?  I thought it was, but several experts in the stands claimed that the man out of bounds can not be the first to touch the ball.
[/quote]

According to this (NCAA):

[quote]Rule 9
Section 4. Player Out of Bounds
Art. 1. A player who steps out of bounds under his/her own volition and then
becomes the first player to touch the ball after returning to the playing court
has committed a violation.
a. A violation has not been committed when a player, who steps out of
bounds as permitted by Rule 7-5.6.b, does not receive the pass along
the end line by a teammate and is the first to touch the ball after his
or her return to the playing court.
Art. 2. After the throw-in is completed, the thrower-in must touch the
playing floor inbounds before touching the ball.[/quote]

I did not see the play but as it has been described, I don't think he was going out of bounds to receive a throw in (section a) or was pushed. If he was the first player to touch the ball after reentering it should have been a violation. If he was out of bounds and reestablished position then received a pass from a team mate it was not a violation (The team mate was the first person to touch the ball) and he was inbounds to get the pass.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami