Spurger vs. Leggett Game Thread/Leggett wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Hollddd up there: Just found out that any tiebreakers in this district will NOT be decided by head to head games during the year. So, if bkv and spurger finish with the same record, even tho spurger won the district series 2-0, they will play a playoff tiebreaker game against eachother to decide the final playoff spot.

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="962386" timestamp="1297100866"]
This is for 6thman.
I went to the UIL Athletics page (http://www.uiltexas.org/athletics/) and there is contact information on the left hand side of that page. I would start there.

I suspect that diving off into that pool will be like most other dealings with schools. Maybe someone else could chime in here, but I have found that anytime you deal with a governmental entity, you will drown in red tape and policy. Your concern will most likely die a slow death.

Good luck.
[/quote]
Thanks very much for the info. I figure as you said that my complaint will be covered in red tape but I still plan to give it. Maybe just maybe it will be read by the right person.

[quote name="The Spy" post="962651" timestamp="1297143106"]
Hollddd up there: Just found out that any tiebreakers in this district will NOT be decided by head to head games during the year. So, if bkv and spurger finish with the same record, even tho spurger won the district series 2-0, they will play a playoff tiebreaker game against eachother to decide the final playoff spot.
[/quote]

Actually, if they end up tied it will go to a head to head match up first. If they split then they have to play, if one has beaten the other twice, then no game played and that team moves on.  So basically Spurger would move on unless something strange was to happen.

For True Blue.

Not up to date on my curseology, thus I am not sure what "%^%$" means, but Redhorse was what that community was refered to as there was a sign that had a red horse on it. Some still like to refer to Leggett as Redhorse for old time sake I guess. I am sure that Catman would or could elaborate more and correct me if I am in error.

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="962671" timestamp="1297168698"]
For True Blue.

Not up to date on my curseology, thus I am not sure what "%^%$" means, but Redhorse was what that community was refered to as there was a sign that had a red horse on it. Some still like to refer to Leggett as Redhorse for old time sake I guess. I am sure that Catman would or could elaborate more and correct me if I am in error.
[/quote] U are right.

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="962671" timestamp="1297168698"]
For True Blue.

[/quote] Thanks for the info . I have heard people call it Redhorse several times this year, but no one here knew what that was.. But I hear the Evadale coaches have heard of the trash talking from the stands already, they talked with the players about keeping their heads in the game. But all the same I thing I am going to set behind our bench just to make sure that it does not get to far out of hand ;) Just hope that Big MO brings enough cash just in case I need bail money ;D

True Blue, they will not let you sit behind the bench. The visitors must sit in the bleachers on the opposite side, while the home fans get the seats behind the benches.

You will notice the people that stand directly behind the visitor bench and say all kinds of foul mess. I assure you, you have not seen anything like it before. Keep an eye on the Leggett coach as he is as bad or worse than the fans.

My suggestion is that Evadale trys to rise above it and keep cool as this is what they live for.

Well I REALY dought that they can stop me from setting behind the bench, but as long as all they do is run their mouths thats fine, but We have heard that they throw stuff at the players on the bench. That wont happen but once. They might finish the game with no fans in the gym for eather team. Just hope that its a good game. But watch the 10:00 news this could get good....

[quote name="True Blue" post="962759" timestamp="1297179360"]
Well I REALY dought that they can stop me from setting behind the bench, but as long as all they do is run their mouths thats fine, but We have heard that they throw stuff at the players on the bench. That wont happen but once. They might finish the game with no fans in the gym for eather team. Just hope that its a good game. But watch the 10:00 news this could get good....
[/quote] I dont thing they throw any thing @ the player.They can stop u from setting behind the bench if they have a sign Evadale on one side Redhorse on the other.Why would want to set on the Redhorse side anyway.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="962789" timestamp="1297182153"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=79830.msg962759#msg962759 date=1297179360]
[/quote] I dont thing they throw any thing @ the player.They can stop u from setting behind the bench if they have a sign Evadale on one side Redhorse on the other.Why would want to set on the Redhorse side anyway.
[/quote] I realy dont wont to set on that side but I also dont wont anyone throwing stuff at yout players. But if all they do is run their mouths , we have a few player that can talk $h1t with the best of them ;D should be a fun game ;D

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="962726" timestamp="1297176554"]
True Blue, they will not let you sit behind the bench. The visitors must sit in the bleachers on the opposite side, while the home fans get the seats behind the benches.

You will notice the people that stand directly behind the visitor bench and say all kinds of foul mess. I assure you, you have not seen anything like it before. Keep an eye on the Leggett coach as he is as bad or worse than the fans.

My suggestion is that Evadale trys to rise above it and keep cool as this is what they live for.
[/quote]
Doesn't Evadale travel with a police officer? Have them sit in the bench area like all other schools....just sayin'

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="962810" timestamp="1297184221"]
[quote author=nuthinbutnet link=topic=79830.msg962726#msg962726 date=1297176554]

[/quote]
Doesn't Evadale travel with a police officer? Have them sit in the bench area like all other schools....just sayin'
[/quote] What the hell is a police officer?? I think we have a parking guy that has a flashlight?? And there might be a voluntare fireman with a radio ;D

[quote name="True Blue" post="962820" timestamp="1297184684"]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=79830.msg962810#msg962810 date=1297184221]
[quote author=nuthinbutnet link=topic=79830.msg962726#msg962726 date=1297176554]

[/quote]
[/quote] What the heck is a police officer?? I think we have a parking guy that has a flashlight?? And there might be a voluntare fireman with a radio ;D
[/quote]
Like I said, police officer ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami