Heard from a solid source....

Guest mffl

[quote name="bigred360" post="955371" timestamp="1296090233"]
The WBB team will play TCU in Fort Worth next year. MBB going to Kentucky.
[/quote] They will play TCU in Cowboy Stadium.

Guest EagleFan01
Lamar kept South Alabama on the schedule dropped Texas State and yes they can do that because Texas State is not able to compete for a SLC championship next season since they are going to the WAC. So it will be Langson first then Incarnate Word instead of South Dakota then go to South Alabama and to Fort Worth

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="955833" timestamp="1296154255"]
Lamar kept South Alabama on the schedule dropped Texas State and yes they can do that because Texas State is not able to compete for a SLC championship next season since they are going to the WAC. So it will be Langson first then Incarnate Word instead of South Dakota then go to South Alabama and to Fort Worth
[/quote]

If that's true then they'll have two "warm-up" games before getting to the meat of the schedule.

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="955833" timestamp="1296154255"]
[/quote]

Why are they dropping South Dakota?

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="955854" timestamp="1296156005"]
On the surface this sounds really cool, but unless everybody knows something I don't we are no where near ready to play TCU in football anywhere on the planet, much less Jerry World.  Maybe in 5-7 more years, 3 if Woodard is the real deal.  And that is conceding a loss, but being competitive enough to not get embarrassed.
[/quote]

GSU played Alabama last year so a second year Lamar team and team not near as good as Alabama especially without Andy Dalton should help us keep it within 50, right?. If the money and exposure is there it is worth the loss.

[quote name="coachacola" post="955880" timestamp="1296157838"]
They must be playing TCU for the money.  The South Dakota was an away game so instead of losing money (or making a little money) Lamar will now make a lot of money.  It'll also give Lamar at lot more publicity!
[/quote]

I thought that's why they're dropping Texas State. I don't see why they would drop South Dakota for Incarnate Word.

[quote name="lcm2007ms" post="955937" timestamp="1296162470"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=79315.msg955880#msg955880 date=1296157838]
They must be playing TCU for the money.  The South Dakota was an away game so instead of losing money (or making a little money) Lamar will now make a lot of money.  It'll also give Lamar at lot more publicity!
[/quote]

I thought that's why they're dropping Texas State. I don't see why they would drop South Dakota for Incarnate Word.

[/quote]

Maybe for another home game and to cut down on travelling?

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="955924" timestamp="1296161115"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=79315.msg955854#msg955854 date=1296156005]
On the surface this sounds really cool, but unless everybody knows something I don't we are no where near ready to play TCU in football anywhere on the planet, much less Jerry World.  Maybe in 5-7 more years, 3 if Woodard is the real deal.  And that is conceding a loss, but being competitive enough to not get embarrassed.
[/quote]

GSU played Alabama last year so a second year Lamar team and team not near as good as Alabama especially without Andy Dalton should help us keep it within 50, right?. If the money and exposure is there it is worth the loss.
[/quote]

Alabama began running second stringers in the game early in the 2nd quarter.  They called the dogs off pretty quick and worked hard not to totally embarras GSU.  It could have been so much worse.  Don't know if TCU's coach would do the same.  If he has a Billy Tubbs mentality, they would hang a 100 on us in a heart beat.  Not sure that would be beneficial in the short or long term.  I could see doing this if Woodard and the TCU coach were buddies and they would have mercy on us.  Just to soon to play a team that finished 2nd in the final polls for last season.  I like the progression that the schedule makes right now with Hawaii, OSU and TAMU in each of the successive years starting in 2012.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124