West Sabine vs. Broaddus Game Thread/West Sabine wins/Comments

WOSgrad

I figured it woud be a good game.  Coach Darren Cook who coaches Broadduss dosent put himself out there much and get a bunch of popularity but he is a good coach, he always has his teams well prepared.  This was without their best player, and they have a legit 7th and 8th grade group if they continue to grow, I watched them play and they have some nice youngsters.

That was one of the best games I have ever seen. Broaddus has a great squad and will be a force in the playoffs. That being said, however, West Sabine showed the true mettle of a champion tonight. Was a shame someone had to lose tonight! Easily the small-school game of the week in East Texas. As for the incident after the game, to all Broaddus fans, you were out of timeouts to begin with( I won't repeat what you all said on here. Let's just say it is often found in a pasture) BEFORE the out-of-bounds call!

Not trying to take anything away from Broaddus, they have a good team and a good coach, but IMO West Sabine should have won by 20.  The tigers have not shot so poorly all season.  I believe that this was a good game for the Tigers in terms of being a "wake up call". 

[quote name="east texas bb" post="954727" timestamp="1296012093"]
I figured it woud be a good game.  Coach Darren Cook who coaches Broadduss dosent put himself out there much and get a bunch of popularity but he is a good coach, he always has his teams well prepared.  This was without their best player, and they have a legit 7th and 8th grade group if they continue to grow, I watched them play and they have some nice youngsters.
[/quote] Broaddus has a legit 7th and 8th grade group.Big Sandy 7th and 8th boys has beat them 3 years in a row. Both school have a good bunch of kids comeing up in years to come.

ETBB, the game was played in Broaddus. First off, Broaddus called a timeout they didn't have to begin with. Then there was an inbounds play at the end of the game that a section of fans well, lets just say STRONGLY disagreed with. As I walked out the gym there was a crowd and it was an uneasy atmsophere. You know, the kind right before a fight? Don't know if one went down I just got outta there. In response to stinger, I agree this game was indeed a wake-up call. Both teams did play lockdown defense(don't think either team shot over 40%.), we hit 11 out of 18 free throws, and they struggled from the line. But we can't shoot 19/55 and expect to win in the playoffs. I am sure that will be a point of emphasis at practice this week.

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="955066" timestamp="1296060182"]
ETBB, the game was played in Broaddus. First off, Broaddus called a timeout they didn't have to begin with. Then there was an inbounds play at the end of the game that a section of fans well, lets just say STRONGLY disagreed with. As I walked out the gym there was a crowd and it was an uneasy atmsophere. You know, the kind right before a fight? Don't know if one went down I just got outta there. In response to stinger, I agree this game was indeed a wake-up call. Both teams did play lockdown defense(don't think either team shot over 40%.), we hit 11 out of 18 free throws, and they struggled from the line. But we can't shoot 19/55 and expect to win in the playoffs. I am sure that will be a point of emphasis at practice this week.
[/quote] Pinelandflash WS plays Broaddus @ WS on 2/11/11

The 2/11 game against Broaddus will be the final district game at home for the Tigers. The West Sabine community will be dedicating the NEW GYM floor for the Ledgendary Coach Jack Whitton. They are asking all of the former athletes of WSISD come for this great occasion.
They are hoping to have everything in place for their first game in the new school this Friday night against Zavalla. The new school is real nice and a great addition to the winning tradition of the West Sabine ISD and the community.
Come by if you get a chance.
BucketSitR

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder