Lumberton vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/Lumberton wins/Comments

WOSgrad

GREAT GAME! The Lady Raiders trailed the whole game until the last minute. They never gave up. They were down 10 early in the 4th. Great team effort and a clutch 3 pt shot by Jones put them ahead with a minute left in the game. Our only Senior, point guard Sandy Drake, just kept trying. Juniors, Haley Jones, Shelby Bingham, Amber Vargas and Kindle Johnson all played well. Sophomores Erin Miller, Taylor Harvill and Katrina Holt all played strong. Freshmen newcomer * Maegan Celestine pitched in down the stretch with 7 points, 5 coming in the 4th in her first game with the Varsity. I'm super proud of all of the Lady Raiders and Coaches. Freshmen and Jv won as well.

Congratulations to the Lady Raiders.

Very tough loss for the Lady Bears.  After a tough season the Bears were looking for their 3rd district win in the last 4 games and continue to play well.  LCM held double digit leads throughout this game and let it slip away down the stretch.  Lumberton had a run to end the 2nd quarter to pull within 4 and then another run in the 4th and never took the lead until the 1:09 mark in the game on a bombed 3 pointer.  LCM had chances to win down the stretch, but didn't seal the deal.  LCM had big game "double doubles" from both Payton Burns who finished with 12pt and 14 boards while Tiffani Thompson had 18 points and 10 rebounds for the Bears.  Well coached, but frustrating game for the Bears. 

**** In no way are my next comments intended to take anything away from the girls of Lumberton or their effort in this win for them. 

I am still clueless as to how some games are officiated.  I'm sure the L-town fans would agree that both halves of this game were at opposite ends of the spectrum.  The first half I felt was called fairly well and tight...and then the second half was filled with no calls, phantom jump balls, and muggings.  As long as officals set the tone from the beginning and establish a pattern...fine, but don't let an obvious assault go and then call a hand check.  Sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason to fouls.

Congrats again to the Lady Raiders on a hard fought game and Congrats to the Bears for the MUCH improved play down the stretch!

I agree with you, Slam.  In the first half the fouls were heavily called against the Lady Raiders. (something like 11-4) As a biased Lady Raider fan, I would have the opinion that some of those first half calls were in the phantom category.  ;D ( My daughter had 3 of those in her 5 minutes.)

In the 2nd half the fouls were more evenly called, but there WERE a ton of "no-calls" both ways. It was like a different referee crew came out for the 2nd half. The game was way more physical than the first half. But I have to say that I have seen that lots of times in basketball. I don't have a clue why.
Maybe some of our referee posters can help us out with their opinions.

[quote name="fiveoclocksomewhere" post="955217" timestamp="1296072881"]
I agree with you, Slam.  In the first half the fouls were heavily called against the Lady Raiders. (something like 11-4) As a biased Lady Raider fan, I would have the opinion that some of those first half calls were in the phantom category.  ;D ( My daughter had 3 of those in her 5 minutes.)

In the 2nd half the fouls were more evenly called, but there WERE a ton of "no-calls" both ways. It was like a different referee crew came out for the 2nd half. The game was way more physical than the first half. But I have to say that I have seen that lots of times in basketball. I don't have a clue why.
Maybe some of our referee posters can help us out with their opinions.
[/quote]

Thanks fiveoclocksomewhere for supporting and understanding that I wasn't trying to pin an LCM loss on the refs.

I guess you saw the game much as I did.  Two completely different called halves.  Sorry your daughter got caught up in that.  Both of mine sat too for periods of time to protect them from further foul trouble.  Although I am MUCH biased to LCM, I try to see the game with my eyes instead of my heart.

I'm not really looking to get into a big debate about or with referees, but I'm just saying BE CONSISTENT...just don't change the game by being inconsistent.

I agree with you too Slam. Very inconsistant calls. This was a game that could have went either way in the last minute of play. The Lady Bears played a great game and have nothing to hang their heads about. I look forward to three more years of battling with the Bears. My two girls are Freshmen(twins). Good Luck to Yall the rest of the season!

[quote name="CRUSHCOACH" post="955316" timestamp="1296082522"]
Heck Slam sounds like I need to come and watch and offer my opinion from the stands like the old days ! LMAO...... Glad to hear the Lady Bears are playing better.
[/quote]

Come on CC...I value your opinion...there are a lot of "old days" to re-live.  LCM is playing MUCH better.  I'll send you directions to the gym.  Go to the softball field and turn left...it's "indoors".   I'll save you a seat.  I need you there, I had 77 sitting with me last night and he was reminising about when girls played "half court" basketball!  You could have chimmed in on that!!!  

[quote name="Slam14" post="955422" timestamp="1296095228"]
[quote author=CRUSHCOACH link=topic=79243.msg955316#msg955316 date=1296082522]
Heck Slam sounds like I need to come and watch and offer my opinion from the stands like the old days ! LMAO...... Glad to hear the Lady Bears are playing better.
[/quote]

Come on CC...I value your opinion...there are a lot of "old days" to re-live.  LCM is playing MUCH better.  I'll send you directions to the gym.  Go to the softball field and turn left...it's "indoors".   I'll save you a seat.  I need you there, I had 77 sitting with me last night and he was reminising about when girls played "half court" basketball!  You could have chimmed in on that!!!  

[/quote]LOL  gettin old!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476