**BREAKING NEWS..COACH ALVAREZ NAMED NEW ENNIS HC**

[quote name="EHS Fan" post="955307" timestamp="1296081943"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=79205.msg955297#msg955297 date=1296081267]
[quote author=EHS Fan link=topic=79205.msg955286#msg955286 date=1296080624]
Hey everyone!

This is my first post, and I hope not to intrude.

I am an alumni of Ennis.

I know someone mentioned the stadium earlier. It seats 10,000. I believe it's something like 7,000 on the home side, and the rest on the visitor side. They upgraded the video board and sound system and installed new turf before the 2010 season.

I look forward to seeing what Coach Alvarez can bring to Ennis. The last coach we had that ran the Wing-T didn't work out too well.

Hopefully coach Alvarez can take the E-Train back to the playoffs!
[/quote]

Coach Alvarez can (pardon the Kirbyville Piney Woods Lingo)..take the Wing T and show you more tricks than a monkey on a 20 foot grape-vine.... ;)
[/quote]

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. A lot of us are spoiled with the Spread offense that we had for so many years, and there may be a few who will have some of that "culture shock" going from the spread to the Wing-T.
[/quote]

If you have speed all around you will be in good shape.  He's not afraid to open up the passing game so don't be fooled at all.  He's had some very productive passing attackes over the last 5 years with both Hazelwood Bros. and Jones this past year.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="redheaded stepchild" post="955456" timestamp="1296097495"]
How can you write about Alvarez and passing game attack and keep a straight face? Alvarez is all a run first, period, and eNNIS IS IN FOR A culture shock with what they are about to go to. Interesting hire, good fo Jack. Scat right and scat left.
[/quote]

I never said they weren't a run first team under him at Kville.  I am not blind as I broadcast the team for the last 3 years and know full well what they did.  Basic football knowledge will tell you that the run sets the pass.  Kirbyville by no means lit up the stat book passing but if you care to look as some of the numbers they posted in the passing dept. over the last 5 yrs or so you will see that he is very capable ot throwing it when he wants to.  For a "run first, period" team...2000 yds in 07, 1800 yds in 08, 1600 yds in 09, and 1800 yds in 2010 isn't too shabby for wing-t offense.  Next time you want to pick a bone bring your thinking cap. ::)

[quote name="Lefty99" post="955535" timestamp="1296102362"]
[quote author=redheaded stepchild link=topic=79205.msg955456#msg955456 date=1296097495]
How can you write about Alvarez and passing game attack and keep a straight face? Alvarez is all a run first, period, and eNNIS IS IN FOR A culture shock with what they are about to go to. Interesting hire, good fo Jack. Scat right and scat left.
[/quote]

I never said they weren't a run first team under him at Kville.  I am not blind as I broadcast the team for the last 3 years and know full well what they did.  Basic football knowledge will tell you that the run sets the pass.  Kirbyville by no means lit up the stat book passing but if you care to look as some of the numbers they posted in the passing dept. over the last 5 yrs or so you will see that he is very capable ot throwing it when he wants to.  For a "run first, period" team...2000 yds in 07, 1800 yds in 08, 1600 yds in 09, and 1800 yds in 2010 isn't too shabby for wing-t offense.  Next time you want to pick a bone bring your thinking cap. ::)
[/quote]

[b]Sic'em Lefty..[/b] ;D ;D :D :D

[quote name="bigdog90" post="956180" timestamp="1296185594"]
yes it is good yards running but you got to look who they played about 4 winning teams out of the first ten games jmo
[/quote]bigdog ... bigdog .... My grandfather had a saying ... Remain quite and everybody thinks your a fool, speak and remove all doubt ... Those running and passing numbers were put against Coldsprings (state runner up - winning record), Vidor (4A school - around .500), Bridge City (state playoff team - winning record), Wills Point (large 3A - Dallas area team - believe they finished at least .500), WOS - (playoff team - winning record)....then came district Huntington (will give that one to ya ... but considering starters only played 1 and 1/2 quarters !!!), Jasper (oops ... sorry), Diboll (losing record ---but they beat some team to get into the playoffs .. wonder who), and Center (playoff team - winning record) .... didn't get those yards against easy teams (except for maybe district .. but still) ... that's at least 5 winning records with at least five playoff teams ... next time son ... do ya homework ...  ;D ;D

[quote name="bigdog90" post="956180" timestamp="1296185594"]
yes it is good yards running but you got to look who they played about 4 winning teams out of the first ten games jmo
[/quote] What ever bigdog90! Kirbyville has been a force to be reckoned with year in year out regardless who we played. Always had size, always had speed at the skill positions and oh yeah....always had heart BIGDOG. ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder