KELLY GIRLS' SOCCER TALENT

BOXT

I invite any and all reporters who want to see how a real girls' soccer game is played to come out and watch a girls' Kelly game. They have a game on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Over the last several years we have played and although they have not gotten the title of State Champs yet they are a joy to watch.
At the Woodlands High tournament this weekend playing the Woodlands team a Houston coach came up to the parents and said what an awesome team we had and could not believe we did not beat St. Agnes.
An even though our scrimmages with the local high school teams do not count for anything Kelly has beat everyone over the last three years including Westbrook and Port Neches Groves (whom we played and beat them twice last year)  with at least two to three of our starters out hurt each time. This should speak volume of the talent that this team has and it is true they do not get any credit.
Many of these girls do play on the same club soccer especially, on the Westbrook team and we do respect their talent. However, it would be nice for this talented Kelly team to get some recognition.
Come on reporters. Come on down and just view the talent. They do deserve something. They deserve much more respect.

[quote name="BOXT" post="949745" timestamp="1295284269"]
I invite any and all reporters who want to see how a real girls' soccer game is played to come out and watch a girls' Kelly game. They have a game on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Over the last several years we have played and although they have not gotten the title of State Champs yet they are a joy to watch.
At the Woodlands High tournament this weekend playing the Woodlands team a Houston coach came up to the parents and said what an awesome team we had and could not believe we did not beat St. Agnes.
An even though our scrimmages with the local high school teams do not count for anything Kelly has beat everyone over the last three years including Westbrook and Port Neches Groves (whom we played and beat them twice last year)  with at least two to three of our starters out hurt each time. This should speak volume of the talent that this team has and it is true they do not get any credit.
Many of these girls do play on the same club soccer especially, on the Westbrook team and we do respect their talent. However, it would be nice for this talented Kelly team to get some recognition.
Come on reporters. Come on down and just view the talent. They do deserve something. They deserve much more respect.

[/quote]

How do they know when and where to come on down to?  Kelly's school website does not have a current schedule.

Again BOXT, if you want the credit, and you sound pretty spirited, go online and find the correct numbers to call.  It's not the reporters, who have several other boys and girls teams to cover, that decide based on success who they will cover.  I'm sure it comes down to who gives them the most information first, and then with what little time they have left, they can go out into the field and catch whatever wasnt given to them.  Be careful with your tone when discussing your "dominance" over area teams who dont know how to play "real" soccer.  You're getting dangerously close to sounding as arrogant as that Friendswood fellow.  Good luck to the Kelly girls team the rest of the way.  May they not listen to such ramblings so their heads dont swell so large that their shoulders wont be able to carry the weight.

I know that reading things people can misinterpret and well you were way off. Arrogance and tone had nothing to do with my post. This was just a vent session hoping that a strong team can get some recognition. I have watched division one soccer for many years so yes I know what "real" soccer looks like. It is not arrogance, it is just a fact. As stated before I have nothing but respect for Westbook.  I see them as a strong team more so than in other team that Kelly has scrimmaged over the years in the area. I am just saying Kelly is right up there with them. By the way RDRSCR08 have you been to one of their games?
Just curious.

I will agree in the fact that Kelly is loaded with Talent; play incredible soccer and always compete at ANY level of High School Soccer! GREAT group of girls!  I believe the area realizes that they are the team to play in this area; if you really want to challenge your team!  I have enjoyed the past matches against PNG...they were epic battles and our girls knew they had to come ready to play!  Congrats again on a GREAT showing in Houston and good luck with St. Agnes once yall play again!

I saw the Kelly's young ladies play...they are a great team....and yes... I would say more recognition is heading to them...be patient...right now Basketball is the sport sort of overshadowing everything...I have a son wrestling (17-2), lost two matches by one point....and I have a son who is the QB @ WB....who talks to every sports reporter in town and in some cases out of town....be patient, you can't hide hard work forever...Congrats on your season.. ;)

NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS JUST MOVE ALONG, MOVE ALONG ;D

The Wednesday game was forfeited and the Thursday game will be a BLOW OUT!  Not a very good team is Houston Christian....  I would assume the next game to watch will be the first playoff game that Kelly host... that should be competitive.

If you were not at the Woodlands you missed the best they had to offer... They were firing on all cylinders... The Woodlands caught a break ( Coming from Natalie Kintigh's ( All Greater Houston 1st teamer) Mother who has been around a few Premier level games over the past several seasons) and I quote " Y'all clearly out played us, we just got lucky" end quote and CY Creek just had more fuel in the tank! Wow I am beginning to catch the Friendswood fever that has been going around :D

But I would like to see a Triangle Round Robin at the end of March  just to see who really wears the crown.

But that's up to the coaches.

BoxT needs to get on his/her soap box ( what a pun) because this is  the THIS IS IT TOUR for the 92/93 girls!

ps... no chance for us to beat St Agnes  they have already beaten us twice in the regular season.... That is 0-8 for this group of girls... dammit! :'(

If you have not caught the other post they also gave the Woodlands a handful and went 0-0 in regulation and lost 1-2 in the shootout... The Woodlands goalie is dominating!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476