Riley Dodge to visit Lamar this week

[quote name="James Mosley" post="947932" timestamp="1295008803"]
Riley signs with McNeese, his Dad signs with Pitt as the new QB coach. Miles apart, going to be tough to see his son play....
[/quote]

Within 5-8 years, Dodge will be the next HC at Pitt. Calling it now

Now, that would make a great story. Getting fired mid-season by UNT for a record of 6-37 at a Sun Belt school to the Head Coach at the University of Pittsburgh and a Big East Conference.

I'm a huge Todd Dodge fan but that would make for a huge turnaround in the world of college coaching.

I see him as a head coach again but at a school in the southwest.

[quote name="bigred360" post="948375" timestamp="1295055489"]
Now, that would make a great story. Getting fired mid-season by UNT for a record of 6-37 at a Sun Belt school to the Head Coach at the University of Pittsburgh and a Big East Conference.

I'm a huge Todd Dodge fan but that would make for a huge turnaround in the world of college coaching.

I see him as a head coach again but at a school in the southwest.

[/quote]

He gained valuable experience during his time at NT. For him to become a head coach, he would have to start back in the middle of a school's staff (Like QB Coach at Pitt) and work his way back up to a OC position, and wait his time. No HC succeeds right away at the college level. They all have to work their way up and gain experience. Dodge has already gained experience. Now, he must prove himself again and work his way up.

[quote name="bigred360" post="948402" timestamp="1295057123"]
You are right there are more first time head coaches who fail but there are also those who are very successful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh

For Coach Dodge and his family, I hope you are right.

[/quote]

It does say Harbough gained 8 years of college coaching experience with Western Kentucky, while also gaining 2 years of coaching experience in the NFL. Although he was successful in his first year of "head coaching," that's quite a bit more coaching experience than Dodge had coming into his gig at NT.

[quote name="AJ25" post="948439" timestamp="1295058266"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=78496.msg948402#msg948402 date=1295057123]
You are right there are more first time head coaches who fail but there are also those who are very successful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh

For Coach Dodge and his family, I hope you are right.

[/quote]

It does say Harbough gained 8 years of college coaching experience with Western Kentucky, while also gaining 2 years of coaching experience in the NFL. Although he was successful in his first year of "head coaching," that's quite a bit more coaching experience than Dodge had coming into his gig at NT.
[/quote]

Yep, he helped dad win a National Championship at WKU at the FCS (I-AA) level.

Guess that (assistant college coaching experience) is why one is a college QB coach and the other is the Head Coach of the 49ers with a 5 year $25 million dollar contract. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder