Men: LU at UCA...LU Wins!!

geezer

Keep James and Lamb on the court at the same time and we will keep wining games. James not only shoots well but he can pass very very well.    Crappy technical foul on Charlie Harper though, it should not have been called.... Hopefully this is the momentum we need to start a nice run... 

Agreed.  Sure, UCA isn't very good, but we were completely dominant in every facet of the game, and winning on the road is never easy in this conference.  I still am amazed at how many boards Lamb gets given his size, and James was terrific once again.

We'll see what happens Wednesday in a rivalry game against a better team, but today's performance was certainly all anyone could have hoped for in the conference opener.  Great job, guys!

Lamb is a high riser. Looked great around the rim  at 6'2 he had 13 rebounds to go along with his 23 points 2 strait double doubles. James was ridiculous seemed like he couldnt miss he was knocking down shots from every where and had some nice assist was a very entertaining game to watch if you were pulling for Lamar. 

If he keeps winning as in winning the conference or at the least performing well in the tourney, he'll stay around...and he should. I'm glad everybody likes Lamb and James now...Lamb only was the leading JC scorer in the nation last year and one service had James the 60th ranked overall JC player in America. Seems ROC should deserve some credit for getting those guys to Beaumont. Maybe the JC guys are coming together. Typically, that takes some time. BUT.......if we fold in conference, then I agree...time's up. In the meantime, I'm happy the Cards got a SLC road win today. Now let's take out McNeese!

Guest Breakercoach
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="944792" timestamp="1294526597"]
So after a 24 pt road conference win y'all are back to loving the Cardinals and Roc is "The Answer"!!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]

LOL Lazeek ! Maybe you need to take up coaching ! LOL  ;D ;D ;D

Now, who was the guy that said Mike James wasn't impressive against Rice? Actually, he was the 40th best JUCO recruit by jucojunction.com. Lamb is a great athlete and gets a lot of his points from rebounds and shots near the basket.

Glad James is getting more minutes and believe he deserves to start but obviously that is a coaching decision.

To answer Lazeek, we have to win a lot more games before I change my opinion.

[quote name="coachacola" post="945074" timestamp="1294598863"]
So far this year Lamar is duplicating the 2008 season.  They were also 7-7 at this point in 2008 before they started tearing up the conference.  The Southland is weak this year so it's possible they can win a lot of conference games before fading at the end.
[/quote]

I didn't want to jinx it, but I thought about that. During that season all it took was one dominating game against Rice to really pull that team together. Hopefully the LC game did the same for this group and we can start playing up to potential.

[quote name="Breakercoach" post="944910" timestamp="1294539466"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78479.msg944792#msg944792 date=1294526597]
So after a 24 pt road conference win y'all are back to loving the Cardinals and Roc is "The Answer"!!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]

[/quote]

I could do the coaching from where I sit at LU games (when I go).  I hear every play they call!!!!

Guest Breakercoach
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="945159" timestamp="1294613607"]
[quote author=Breakercoach link=topic=78479.msg944910#msg944910 date=1294539466]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78479.msg944792#msg944792 date=1294526597]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I could do the coaching from where I sit at LU games (when I go).  I hear every play they call!!!!
[/quote]

LOL ! Well Rocs job depends on conference play, will he make changes, will they step up, I dont know . Everyone keeps talking about a late season run ! LOL ! Geez the season started saturday !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami