Center @ Huntington..Center Wins/Comments

[quote name="east texas bb" post="942179" timestamp="1294184670"]
Center plays at Huntington.  This would be a great chance for Huntington to start district off in a real good way by beating Center.   I will try to get the score for later.

I know, I know, it is East Texas, but for those who are interested I will post.
[/quote]
Thank you!  and if you pick up the Hudson/Jasper score that would be appreciated!  :)

I left with 40 seconds left and Center was 42 and Huntington 29.  It was close for 3 quarters, I think 25-23 at the end of 3.  Very dissapointed in the amount of people at the first district game of the year.  The gym was barely half full. 
Center played very sluggish and acted like they could care less whether they won or not, it makes me very mad that Huntington had the opportunity to go 1-0 in district against the team that is suppossed to win district.  Huntington had too many turnovers and missed too many FT's.  Could not hit a jump shot.  It was one of the worst HS games I have seen in a long time. Im very aggrevated.  For the first time in a long time Huntington has a chance to make the playoffs, they just couldnt close it out. If Huntington takes care of the ball and makes their passes to their teammates then they win the game.  They had a good game plan and got Center's best player in foul trouble early but couldnt capitolize on it.  Huntington beat themselves tonight, Center didnt come to play, they were there for the taking. 
I dont know the Jasper/Hudson score.   

[quote name="east texas bb" post="942502" timestamp="1294201999"]
No look, Huntington had that game.  It was tight for 3 quarters.  I thought their opportunity was in the 2nd quarter when Centers good guard was out.  They should have extended it to 10 or so and I think they could have got the win. 
[/quote]The people that usually does the scoring didn't show up........maybe they can adjust to Centers defense and beat them over there.....they were trapping our guards and we weren't hitting the open man.....

Did the freshman lead them in scoring tonight?  I know he had a good night.  He had several key plays.  Scored 8 or 10 didnt he?  And handled the pressure well. Houston couldnt find his shot.  Your exactly right, they were trapping, we got it to the middle and hit the short corner man.  But either the pass was too slow or we didnt finish. Made some dumb mental mistakes.  Anyways, enough about this, you can tell Im still aggrevated but on to the next game. We need to get it for sure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124