What is wrong with BMT High School basketball

Im sure the Beaumont does not pay as well, that part of the state has always been very poor.  Just drive through the toen and look how down trodden it looks.  Regardless they will still be able to offer a very competitive salary for basketball coaches because the money comes from the State.  It just depends on how much the school district want to allocate to the basketball coaching position.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="east texas bb" post="941733" timestamp="1294109324"]
Im sure the Beaumont does not pay as well, that part of the state has always been very poor.  Just drive through the toen and look how down trodden it looks.  Regardless they will still be able to offer a very competitive salary for basketball coaches because the money comes from the State.  It just depends on how much the school district want to allocate to the basketball coaching position.
[/quote]Beaumont's teachers make more than those in Hardin County... I guess they don't feel the coaching is that important.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="941733" timestamp="1294109324"]
Im sure the Beaumont does not pay as well, that part of the state has always been very poor.  [b]Just drive through the toen and look how down trodden it looks.[/b]  Regardless they will still be able to offer a very competitive salary for basketball coaches because the money comes from the State.  It just depends on how much the school district want to allocate to the basketball coaching position.
[/quote]So you mean to tell me the whole city looks like that?  How clueless you are...

I havent been to Beaumont in a couple of years but the last time I was not impressed at all.  Very aged and unclean.  There may be a few parts that are nice, but there are always exceptions. Im sorry I hurt your feelings and you had to joust at me with the clueless bit.  Anyone  who has been to Beaumont would agree that it is not a very clean place.  I had friends who lived there and they said the same thing.  Sorry I hurt your feelings, was just stating an opinion.

[quote name="SB" post="941678" timestamp="1294103733"]
I don't know about the other two high schools, but the freshman at Ozen last year beat every team they played by close to 50 points.  Sounds like talent to me.  AND, if you had seen them play at middle school level, you would know there was talent.  So, what had happened to them since last year??  I watch two of them sit on the bench game after game, and do not play.  Put them back on JV, and let them get the experience. That is the only way they will learn. 
[/quote]

Except the Nederland freshman from last year  ;) But Ozen does have good underlevel groups

[quote name="east texas bb" post="941758" timestamp="1294112125"]
I havent been to Beaumont in a couple of years but the last time I was not impressed at all.  Very aged and unclean.  There may be a few parts that are nice, but there are always exceptions. Im sorry I hurt your feelings and you had to joust at me with the clueless bit.  Anyone  who has been to Beaumont would agree that it is not a very clean place.  I had friends who lived there and they said the same thing.  Sorry I hurt your feelings, was just stating an opinion.
[/quote]Didnt hurt my feelings at all.  Everybody is entitled to their opinion.  No matter how asinine it may be...

[quote name="dogs1218" post="941759" timestamp="1294112565"]
[quote author=SB link=topic=78175.msg941678#msg941678 date=1294103733]
I don't know about the other two high schools, but the freshman at Ozen last year beat every team they played by close to 50 points.  Sounds like talent to me.  AND, if you had seen them play at middle school level, you would know there was talent.  So, what had happened to them since last year??  I watch two of them sit on the bench game after game, and do not play.  Put them back on JV, and let them get the experience. That is the only way they will learn.   
[/quote]

Except the Nederland freshman from last year  ;) But Ozen does have good underlevel groups
[/quote]

They lost to yall at a tournament, right?  I remember now.  You still have to admit they were good

[quote name="east texas bb" post="941758" timestamp="1294112125"]
[/quote]

So which mecca of east Texas are you from?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="941428" timestamp="1294071864"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78175.msg941413#msg941413 date=1294070516]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=78175.msg941370#msg941370 date=1294064241]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78175.msg941366#msg941366 date=1294064047]
Not state ranked like every year. That's down
[/quote]These squads have talent.  But coaching is lacking.  So I don't think that talent is down. 
[/quote]Yes it is Soulja1 Stop taking up for Central. Living where I live, you know when you have talent or not ;D
[/quote]Looking at the 2007 Ozen team should be a good indication.  That team was not really talented at all.  But they marched to state on the shoulders of SUPERIOR coaching.  Probably the best job of his career.  This Year's Ozen team talent wise may be just as good or even better than that team.  But one will never know.  Central have a Stud guard that have only gotten a little better as he should be light years better than he is now.  Boutte would have this kid head and shoulders above the rest right about now...
[/quote]  In 2007 Ozen had three d1 talent level basketball players and two d1 football players more than enough talent to compete. And the titlt game was no blow out and played the best defense on now up coming NBA star D.Jordan

[quote name="westend1" post="941802" timestamp="1294117365"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78175.msg941758#msg941758 date=1294112125]
[/quote]

So which mecca of east Texas are you from?
[/quote]
east Texas bb: is from Some place warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talkin' bout a little place called...(this is where you come in east Texas bb)

[quote name="ST413" post="941827" timestamp="1294149095"]
Of course BISD can't pay bball coaches, they need all that money to pay the mighty Butch's salary!!
[/quote]You can't be a hater and a comedian at the same time...  It's just not a good combination.  Try one or the other...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="941829" timestamp="1294149860"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78175.msg941827#msg941827 date=1294149095]
Of course BISD can't pay bball coaches, they need all that money to pay the mighty Butch's salary!!
[/quote]You can't be a hater and a comedian at the same time...  It's just not a good combination.  Try one or the other...
[/quote] :D :o :D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="941836" timestamp="1294150771"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=78175.msg941829#msg941829 date=1294149860]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78175.msg941827#msg941827 date=1294149095]
[/quote] :D :o :D
[/quote]I forgot.  He's the 'Yes Man'.  So now I COMPLETELY understand...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="941347" timestamp="1294060446"]
[quote author=Gtj007 link=topic=78175.msg941047#msg941047 date=1294009007]
Im sure they would play better in a new $15,000,000 arena ::)
[/quote]Those silly jokes are not even funny anymore, but guys like you keep telling them...   ::)
[/quote]

You're right, soulja, they're not funny...they're hilarious!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="943725" timestamp="1294376559"]
Strange, all you guys can talk about is the man's salary. Hmmm?
[/quote]What size is the Beaumont Independent School District in state rankings and what is the pay scale of Beaumont's Superintendent compared to others in the state?

If its what I think it is, then it would be like people always complaining that Hardin Jefferson seems to always go deep into the play-offs even when they are in a rebounding year.

..... Ah, NOW I understand the jealousy!  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder