Parents & Basketball Coaches

BLUEDOVE3

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="934773" timestamp="1292604838"]
Parents have dreams for their kids to be sports stars. Your better taking your kid to a American Idol tryout.
[/quote]Parents also have dreams for their kids to be successful in college and their careers. My dream isn't that big. Just beat Silsbee, HJ, and WO-S. My dream isn't THAT BIG is it ???

Guest bleed orange
A lot of parents "not all" did not prepare financially for their kids to go to college. Some are banking on their kids to get a scholarship. If you take the kids who actually go on to the next level compared to every athlete in the golden triangle, the percentage of those who do go is very very low. I don't understand what some parents see, I mean you know if a kid has talent and a lot of times it is at a young age. I knew my daughter could play at the next level but not Texas, LSU or any Major College for that matter and surely not the WNBA. Those thoughts never entered my mind. She did play NJCAA ball and was offered a partial scholarship to an NAIA college.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="935026" timestamp="1292625078"]
A lot of parents "not all" did not prepare financially for their kids to go to college. Some are banking on their kids to get a scholarship. If you take the kids who actually go on to the next level compared to every athlete in the golden triangle, the percentage of those who do go is very very low. I don't understand what some parents see, I mean you know if a kid has talent and a lot of times it is at a young age. I knew my daughter could play at the next level but not Texas, LSU or any Major College for that matter and surely not the WNBA. Those thought never entered my mind. She did play NJCAA ball and was offered a partial scholarship to an NAIA college.
[/quote]Yep!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami