Who's the one player that

[quote name="BaseBow" post="936651" timestamp="1292875840"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=77516.msg936649#msg936649 date=1292875690]
If this is the Duplant kid from HJ, Nederland just got better. He can play.

The kid is 85 plus, with glove and stick.
[/quote]Hey admin that will make a coach sleep better at night...I heard you were recruiting him for baberuth :D
[/quote]Admin do you have the games for Nederland this year?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="9Doggies" post="936905" timestamp="1292934150"]
[quote author=Big Stick link=topic=77516.msg936873#msg936873 date=1292905402]
I heard LCM got a kid coming in from spring that throws 93! Big lefty!
[/quote]Purke coming back to high school?
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D
After going 16-0 for the Frogs...I'd imagine Purke's staying in college.  ;)

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="937098" timestamp="1292960745"]
[quote author=9Doggies link=topic=77516.msg936905#msg936905 date=1292934150]
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

For at least one more year.

[quote name="Who'sYourPatty?" post="937101" timestamp="1292960874"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=77516.msg937098#msg937098 date=1292960745]
[quote author=9Doggies link=topic=77516.msg936905#msg936905 date=1292934150]
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

For at least one more year.
[/quote]

and one only... ;D

My opinion is that Weisbrod is the next freak of nature baseball player to showcase his talents in Nederland.The kid has bat speed and arm strength that is something to witness!The only thing lacking in his game is foot speed.The kid has a attitude at times and his dad will brag about his talents to anyone that will listen.Not anything new in Nederland!I feel that people are pulling against the kid because they dislike his dad.If there was a homerun derby contest in Nederland.I would put my money on Weisbrod.If he stays injury free,his tools will have professional and college scouts swarming around his high school baseball games.I know some people will think I am crazy for my opinions of Colton.Just about every time I doubt Colton's abilities,he proves me wrong.I guess what I am asking for is that people come out and admire the talents that Nederland baseball players have to offer.We have some great kids!"Let's Play Ball !"     

[quote name="scapegoat" post="937723" timestamp="1293084184"]
My opinion is that Weisbrod is the next freak of nature baseball player to showcase his talents in Nederland.The kid has bat speed and arm strength that is something to witness!The only thing lacking in his game is foot speed.The kid has a attitude at times and his dad will brag about his talents to anyone that will listen.Not anything new in Nederland!I feel that people are pulling against the kid because they dislike his dad.If there was a homerun derby contest in Nederland.I would put my money on Weisbrod.If he stays injury free,his tools will have professional and college scouts swarming around his high school baseball games.I know some people will think I am crazy for my opinions of Colton.Just about every time I doubt Colton's abilities,he proves me wrong.I guess what I am asking for is that people come out and admire the talents that Nederland baseball players have to offer.We have some great kids!"Let's Play Ball !"     
[/quote]
I agree with you!  He's an outstanding athlete.  IMO, he has proven it in basketball and will do the same in baseball.  You are also right that bragging is nothing new in Nederland.  Most are a little more diplomatic about it than Colton's dad. 

[quote name="scapegoat" post="937723" timestamp="1293084184"]
[/quote]Agreed that he has talent, ability, & tools, but, it's hard to admire a player that doesn't respect the game.

Guest Jack Nasty
[quote name="setxballpop" post="937766" timestamp="1293118755"]
The biggest impact will be Zach Drouillard that left WOS to enhance his stuff at LCM.
He is the real deal and Griff Im sure will get him there.
James Swan is another big talent too.
[/quote]

Zach is ok, but he is a Junior and he played at the varsity level for WOS.

• 1 month later...
It's official - Weisbrod makes varsity at NHS as a freshman. I am encouraged to see talent was chosen over a name. Even with the negative comments about freshman and Weisbrod making varsity, his superb skills once again prevail. I can easily see Weisbrod moving into 1st base as a starter this year. I can hardly wait to see this youngster hit the ball. He has incredible bat speed and power. All spectators will be in awe when Colton goes yard and the ball ends up over by the band fields.  :o :o :o This kid has been playing for one of the premier youth select leagues, in the country,  for the last 4 or so years. He has already seen 80 plus mph pitching. Not saying he won't struggle, but can't wait til he really gets it going. He will be a great asset to an already very talented team. Also, I can see his dad calming down now that Colton has made varsity in 2 sports as a freshman. He already has and will contribute to both sports as a freshman. I just hope we all can set back and admire and enjoy this young man's talent and not be questioning how and why he made the team.     

Guest tappedout
I figured his bat would land him on the team. He is a rare talent for his age. And yes he will hit a few homer's and he also can hit for average. I don't see playing 1st base though, I see him being used as DH this season. Any other freshman making JV or Varsity?

It is nice to have a tall first base man that has athleticism.It cuts down on throwing errors from infielders.IMO Pitts and Weisbrod are the best we have.Unfortunately their skills also make them good basketball players.Others will get their shot at first base until these two finish basketball season. 

Guest tappedout
Oh well, English has been able to deal with his dad. I'm sure Cody can handle him. I'm sure before too long everyone will be talking about how talented this kid is and not about his dad.

Guest tappedout
He's a big ol boy for a freshman. He's about 6'4 230 lbs. I'm sure he will struggle a lot as most freshman would against varsity competition. He still has to earn playing time as Nederland is pretty loaded again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax