Props to the referees !!!!!!

whsalum

We all get on the officials when we aren't satisfied with their work so I gotta give em props for their work at the HJ marathon.I didn't have anyone playing so I went and checked out several games strictly as a fan.The crew that did the Evadale/Cayuga game was excellent(Mike Simpson,Bubba Bridges and a gentleman I didn't know).As a whole I thought all the crews I watched were very good and deserve to know it.Good jobs guys.

Well see that I watched about 10 games at the HJ Tour. I have to agree with you some. All but one game was call very well. and the other game only had one guy that was bad. And when say bad thats no were close to getting how bad this guy was. His calls had nothing to do with the out come of the game but he was a joke. He went to make a charge call and pumped his fist grabed the back of his head and then spit out the whistle, the fans started laughing at him so he just walked away and did not make anycall at all. Then he made a call against one player but when he got to the table he changed his call and gave the foul to another player that was on the other side of the court. The guy should have never been calling a highschool game. Maybe Jr High but the game that highschool boys play was way to fast for this guy. By the time he started to make a call the ball was all ready  going the other way.

Good Point.  When officials do a good job we should let them know.  My grandfather officiated for a long time before he passed away.  If we are going to give them a hard time when they call bad, then we can give them a shout when they do a good job.  From the threads, it sounds like the officials did a good job.  Props to them and the coaches or organizers who brought those guys in.  Makes for a much better game.

That would explain why ours was so bad, we had the bottom feeders.  Some of the worst officiating I have seen in a long time.  Will not use names but basketball officials should be able to run up and down the floor and there is one in particluar that can't seem to do it yet consistently makes a call that is not his.  He should not be allowed to call High School games.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="932140" timestamp="1292208437"]
That would explain why ours was so bad, we had the bottom feeders.  Some of the worst officiating I have seen in a long time.  Will not use names but basketball officials should be able to run up and down the floor and there is one in particluar that can't seem to do it yet consistently makes a call that is not his.  He should not be allowed to call High School games.
[/quote]
Sorry y'all lost , Catter !!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder