HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. EVADALE Broadcast/H-J wins 61-26!

WOSgrad

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="86hawk" post="930113" timestamp="1292012420"]
The "redshirt" freshman are the ones that fail 9th grade (held back) and are trying the 9th grade again.  i thought every school did that. ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D :D :D

You have to do it early though, like it elementary school.  ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="930191" timestamp="1292018173"]
[b]Not sure who exited the gym quicker.........The HJ students as the final bell rung for the school day or True Blue???[/b]? ;D ;D ;D

I thought you were gonna come over and introduce yourself TB????
[/quote]

LMAO!!!!

*spits on computer screen*

[quote name="east texas bb" post="930138" timestamp="1292014115"]
Basketball is about matchups.  You cant compare scores in the paper or game to game situations.  You can get a little info this way but not as much as you would think.
[/quote]Ah, heres a person that knows basketball. I'll find me a match to stop a spot up shooter in high school basketball anyday. Getting Nash started up again ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="930191" timestamp="1292018173"]
Not sure who exited the gym quicker.........The HJ students as the final bell rung for the school day or True Blue???? ;D ;D ;D

I thought you were gonna come over and introduce yourself TB????
[/quote] Sorry I came by before the game but no one was there yet. And then  I though that Mike was calling the game after it started. But I did not leave the GYM I just went to look at the bracket to see what time we play tonight.. But I will admit I was not happy with the way Evadale played.. They can say they were tired but, showup or stay off the floor.. I knew before the game that we did not match up well. Evadale has a week guard play and I knew the HJ was going to put alot of pressure on the ball.. The main reason the Cayuga game was close is  that they did not press. the ball and let Evadale play a half court game. Evadale could not match their lenght but they did a good job on the boards. I will make it a point to come by tonight before the HJ EC game and say hello.

Evadale doesn't have a true point guard but I wouldn't call their guard play weak.They have 1 excellent shooter, #3 I think was his number.They had another blond headed kid who was pretty fast and was a pretty solid defender. #44 and #32 were very solid on the block.Lawrence will have the rebels playing well in another week or so. #21, I think thats Dunnigan, can fill in to give the 2 big boys a break and this club wiil be pretty good at the 1-a level.

Thats right Evadale has not got a strong point guard, and thats like having a car but no motor.. Any team that is going to put pressure on them will make it hard to get the ball in the front court. This is a full court game and if your point just playes good Def. your not going to win many big games. They will blow thru their dist. but that not what this group of players have work for their intire life. They have ever expection of going deep in the playoffs, and unless they start getting better guard play that aint going to happen. #3 does shoot a pretty 3ball from a set shot but if you cant get him the ball that aint happen. They beat Bullard by 10 tonight but should have beat them by 20 or more. I stoped counting the tourovers at 20, you cant beat good teams with that many.

[quote name="True Blue" post="930792" timestamp="1292043142"]
Thats right Evadale has not got a strong point guard, and thats like having a car but no motor.. Any team that is going to put pressure on them will make it hard to get the ball in the front court. This is a full court game and if your point just playes good Def. your not going to win many big games. They will blow thru their dist. but that not what this group of players have work for their intire life. They have ever expection of going deep in the playoffs, and unless they start getting better guard play that aint going to happen. #3 does shoot a pretty 3ball from a set shot but if you cant get him the ball that aint happen. They beat Bullard by 10 tonight but should have beat them by 20 or more. I stoped counting the tourovers at 20, you cant beat good teams with that many.
[/quote]You definitely say what you feel, don't you! :D

There is no reason to sugar coat it. I have been with this group of boys sense they were 8 and they all know that I tell it like I see it. Their point guard that they have played sense they were 8 desided that it was more important to be a daddy than play ball his Sr year, what a waist :(

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="930200" timestamp="1292018734"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=77296.msg930138#msg930138 date=1292014115]
Basketball is about matchups.  You cant compare scores in the paper or game to game situations.  You can get a little info this way but not as much as you would think.
[/quote]Ah, heres a person that knows basketball. I'll find me a match to stop a spot up shooter in high school basketball anyday. Getting Nash started up again ;)
[/quote]

I am here and ready to start.  I would disagree with you because "some people" forget that basketball is a team game where all five players have a role (at least for the better teams) in making things happen.  Some defender might be capable of stopping a spot up shooter one on one, but a decent coach will get that shooter shots regardless of how good the particular defender is.  It really isnt that difficult to force "that defender" to cover someone else via screen/multiple screens.  Additionally, any spot up shooter who is going to be "shut down" by the defender will have that defender in his face.  Even the slowest of the slow that has any kind of basketball intellect has a response to that type of defensive effort.    If that defender holds his spot up shooting opponent to no shots taken or very few taken, the spot up shooter has simply provided some of his teammates with additional opportunities they might otherwise not have had.

[quote name="True Blue" post="930792" timestamp="1292043142"]
[/quote]
Good point Blue, the achilles heel of this team is their ability to handle pressure from the guard spot.

[quote name="stevenash" post="930889" timestamp="1292078743"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77296.msg930200#msg930200 date=1292018734]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=77296.msg930138#msg930138 date=1292014115]
[/quote]

I am here and ready to start.  I would disagree with you because "some people" forget that basketball is a team game where all five players have a role (at least for the better teams) in making things happen.  Some defender might be capable of stopping a spot up shooter one on one, but a decent coach will get that shooter shots regardless of how good the particular defender is.   It really isnt that difficult to force "that defender" to cover someone else via screen/multiple screens.  Additionally, any spot up shooter who is going to be "shut down" by the defender will have that defender in his face.  Even the slowest of the slow that has any kind of basketball intellect has a response to that type of defensive effort.    If that defender holds his spot up shooting opponent to no shots taken or very few taken, the spot up shooter has simply provided some of his teammates with additional opportunities they might otherwise not have had.
[/quote]I knew you would come out sooner. But you make valid points. Lets just hope the "other teammates can score.

There are many ways to beat pressure on the ball if you don't have a true PG.I can guarantee the Rebels have a coach who can teach them to do it.The biggest problem I saw with the Rebs in the game against Cayuga was the kid who should have been taking the ball at the mid court area.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="930893" timestamp="1292079576"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=77296.msg930889#msg930889 date=1292078743]
[/quote]

I am here and ready to start.  I would disagree with you because "some people" forget that basketball is a team game where all five players have a role (at least for the better teams) in making things happen.  Some defender might be capable of stopping a spot up shooter one on one, but a decent coach will get that shooter shots regardless of how good the particular defender is.   It really isnt that difficult to force "that defender" to cover someone else via screen/multiple screens.  Additionally, any spot up shooter who is going to be "shut down" by the defender will have that defender in his face.  Even the slowest of the slow that has any kind of basketball intellect has a response to that type of defensive effort.    If that defender holds his spot up shooting opponent to no shots taken or very few taken, the spot up shooter has simply provided some of his teammates with additional opportunities they might otherwise not have had.
[/quote]I knew you would come out sooner. But you make valid points. Lets just hope the "other teammates can score.
[/quote] IF none of the teammates can score, then your "team" has little chance.

[quote name="stevenash" post="931742" timestamp="1292159674"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77296.msg930893#msg930893 date=1292079576]
[/quote]

[/quote] IF none of the teammates can score, then your "team" has little chance.
[/quote]Give me a true point guard with the ability to score (shoot & drive), pass the ball, he'lll make his weaker teammates look good ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="931820" timestamp="1292171991"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=77296.msg931742#msg931742 date=1292159674]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77296.msg930893#msg930893 date=1292079576]
Basketball is about matchups.  You cant compare scores in the paper or game to game situations.  You can get a little info this way but not as much as you would think.
[/quote]Amen, but if you don't have a good true PG you have to adapt.

I am here and ready to start.  I would disagree with you because "some people" forget that basketball is a team game where all five players have a role (at least for the better teams) in making things happen.  Some defender might be capable of stopping a spot up shooter one on one, but a decent coach will get that shooter shots regardless of how good the particular defender is.   It really isnt that difficult to force "that defender" to cover someone else via screen/multiple screens.  Additionally, any spot up shooter who is going to be "shut down" by the defender will have that defender in his face.  Even the slowest of the slow that has any kind of basketball intellect has a response to that type of defensive effort.    If that defender holds his spot up shooting opponent to no shots taken or very few taken, the spot up shooter has simply provided some of his teammates with additional opportunities they might otherwise not have had.
[/quote]Give me a true point guard with the ability to score (shoot & drive), pass the ball, he'lll make his weaker teammates look good ;)
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• Nice deflection, too. No mention of Trump using an African American church to look like he’s the minority’s friend then walking out the back door and going to a white supremacist laced rally hosted by Charlie Kirk aka “The Civil Rights Act Was A Bad Idea”.  
    • Remember when someone said they were stepping away from this forum?  What a glorious 2 minutes that was.  Now, if I may attempt an impression, “You knuckle-draggers are idiots and I am going to sit here and ridicule you about everything!  (Tongue sticking out🤪)”.  
    • There was a national media outlet I used to love to watch.  I worked midnights for years and would come home and get caught up on all the latest headlines.  The anchors were humorous, had catch phrases and presented the sports hi-lights from the previous day.  They had fun segments where they would show the top 10 and not top 10 of the night or the week.  New ownership took over and started pushing agendas and politics.  Sports was pushed down to secondary status after indoctrination.  I phased out of watching the channel altogether.  Started watching again after years of being away because my favorite sporting event is exclusively on that channel.  Lo and behold nothing has changed.  They have complete segments dedicated to hi-lighting those on the “front-line” of social change and isolating 98% of the clientele who just wish to watch sports.  They have laid off tons of long time and popular hosts.  They have fired anchors for not bowing to their woke ideology.  Would someone step up and finally create another sports network to compete with the woke 4-letter network? Sad!!!!  Sports should be a refuge from the day to day grind.  Sports should be a haven to get away from wokeness.  You may now tune back to your regularly scheduled programming.  I am off the soapbox.
    • How did you achieve such lofty status? You’re occupying a high seat of judgement when  you make such all encompassing proclamations. 
    • I’ll give you an attaboy for that one, Smash.
  • Topics