** BRUCE REYES JR.....2010 HIGHLIGHTS... **

SgtRey

Guest Big12Fan
Sgt. Rey,

Great video!!  Jr. had plenty of highlights for you to choose from.  Congrads to him on an outstanding High School career.  Look forward to seeing him play Saturday's.  Congrads to you also Sgt., you are a great role model to us all!

What schools have expressed an interest?  Is he open to playing another position besides QB (I'm not saying he's not a college QB; just wondering if some schools pushed a position change as a part of the recruitment pitch)?  What kind of reception do college coaches give promo videos from students/parents?  Seems the YouTube videos are growing in interest...just wondering what college coaches thought about them.

Go Indians.  Peace.

[quote name="Big12Fan" post="931422" timestamp="1292118272"]
Sgt. Rey,

Great video!!  Jr. had plenty of highlights for you to choose from.  Congrads to him on an outstanding High School career.  Look forward to seeing him play Saturday's.  Congrads to you also Sgt., you are a great role model to us all!
[/quote]
Thanks...it was a bit difficult to put the video together.....about 8hrs.

[quote name="1989NDN" post="931687" timestamp="1292132649"]
What schools have expressed an interest?  Is he open to playing another position besides QB (I'm not saying he's not a college QB; just wondering if some schools pushed a position change as a part of the recruitment pitch)?  What kind of reception do college coaches give promo videos from students/parents?  Seems the YouTube videos are growing in interest...just wondering what college coaches thought about them.

Go Indians.  Peace.

[/quote]
Schools are kinda tricky...some schools will try and keep you on a string...reverse psychology, etc... your focus has to be on the education...it's not a 4 year plan...it's a 30 year plan...jr's football playing days are coming to an end.  That degree will outlast any football career (except Brett Favre's career  :D)..
When we decide what school fits best, he'll play wherever helps the team's chances to win the most...

I honestly think coaches don't watch every video(in major programs)...it would be overwhelming, therefore sadly they are relying more and more on 3rd party information...and you need to see some of the critics...I just think of donuts and ho-ho's when I see them..they probably couldn't play football on play station....

[quote name="baddog" post="931788" timestamp="1292168743"]
Very impressed, especially with the 15 and 20 yard outs. Kid's got an arm. Congrats.

Just curious, who does videos like that....placing the red arrow above his head and all? Very clear video.
[/quote]

The video was done by me...I've been practicing since Jr' was a freshman...I have all sorts of football videos on youtube.

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="931983" timestamp="1292194974"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=77285.msg931788#msg931788 date=1292168743]
Very impressed, especially with the 15 and 20 yard outs. Kid's got an arm. Congrats.

Just curious, who does videos like that....placing the red arrow above his head and all? Very clear video.
[/quote]

The video was done by me...I've been practicing since Jr' was a freshman...I have all sorts of football videos on youtube.
[/quote]

I tinker with photography a little. Nice job.

[quote name="baddog" post="931992" timestamp="1292195860"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=77285.msg931983#msg931983 date=1292194974]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=77285.msg931788#msg931788 date=1292168743]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I tinker with photography a little. Nice job.
[/quote]thanx

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="931981" timestamp="1292194803"]
[quote author=1989NDN link=topic=77285.msg931687#msg931687 date=1292132649]

Go Indians.  Peace.

[/quote]
Schools are kinda tricky...some schools will try and keep you on a string...reverse psychology, etc... your focus has to be on the education...it's not a 4 year plan...it's a 30 year plan...jr's football playing days are coming to an end.  That degree will outlast any football career (except Brett Favre's career  :D)..
When we decide what school fits best, he'll play wherever helps the team's chances to win the most...

I honestly think coaches don't watch every video(in major programs)...it would be overwhelming, therefore sadly they are relying more and more on 3rd party information...and you need to see some of the critics...I just think of donuts and ho-ho's when I see them..they probably couldn't play football on play station....
[/quote]

Well said...nice video.  Good luck with the recruiting process.  I'm going to use that 30-year plan line when it comes time for my kids to pick a university.  Good stuff.  Again, nice video.

Go Indians.  Peace.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="932290" timestamp="1292244868"]
Nice video and some good highlights. I sure hope his oline is getting some looks, I could not help but watch them some, nice job! Have fun with the recruiting process. I enjoyed it and hated it!
[/quote]actually, they are...I'm proud of them.

I'm currently helping my brother through his recruiting process and I feel the same way you do about the coaches, education coming first and the whole deal. it's a difficult and lengthy process, but it will be worth it in the end. best of luck to yall!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder